Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

.... And I've come to the conclusion that my stomach... looking all deflated with all that loose skin.... looks like an angry old man. I think I'll name him..... any suggestions?? HAHA!!

How about "BBF" (bitter beer face)

...drum roll, everybody. I did my weigh in and gained a pound! Three days of liquids and I gain a pd!!!! I am sure that it is Water weight and will drop off quickly if I really stick with it! I though my stomach fell a bit mushroomy! Well, I am not discouraged..I will make the 170's this month. I will feel so good when I get there!!

Blessings all, Weazer..

I'm sorry, that is discouraging to see the number go up even when you know it isn't "true":angry:

OK... Drum Roll......

Happy Bandaversary to me..... 66 lbs

WOW--YOU ROCK!

Mischievous1 - About that pain in you side. The gallbladder is on your right side and if the pain persists I would see a doctor proto..the pain can build up or just go from no pain to bad pain quickly. It is usually diet related so be careful about that!

Have fun in Vegas!!!

Ragdoll - Yes, the sweets are one of my downfalls too. Along with chips and dip. I am comitted to lean Proteins this week and minimum slider foods..maybe as a side vege or something. Two more days till my 1 yr weigh in. I am excited. You have made amazing progress. The end will prolly be the hardest to loose. But, I know that you will do it! Me too...

Blessings, Weazer

Mischievous1 - About that pain in you side. The gallbladder is on your right side and if the pain persists I would see a doctor proto..the pain can build up or just go from no pain to bad pain quickly. It is usually diet related so be careful about that!

Have fun in Vegas!!!

Blessings, Weazer

Oh man, now you have me scared......I'll call and make an appointment for after I get back from Vegas...wish me the best that nothing happens before then! It hasn't hurt at all in the last day.

That's a good sign I would think. My daughter had the lap band a couple of years ago and she went from perfect to her side hurt so bad in just minutes..they rushed her to the ER and she had to have her gallbladder removed. I sure didn't mean to scare you. I just talked to one of our nurses and asked her if you not having pain for the last day ment there wasn't a problem with your gallbladder..she said, no, if the pain comes back go to the doctor. She said you may want to bland out your food today. If there is a problem developing..it could have been agrivated by the food you ate.

Now don't get too scared. My tummy was really hurting yesterday..like never before..right up around the port. I was thinking that I had hurled to hard..(something tiny got stuck) and that I had a big problem with my port..but, today I feel great.

God bless and try not to worry.

Weazer

I just called my Doc for my 1 year appointment on the 16th (24th is my bandiversary). I'm so bad, I'm at a real "Sweet Spot" with my band, so I haven't gone in since my last fill in November. I thought I would check in for my 1 year, and chat with him about my gallbladder.

Mischievous1...

Yep, I'm having Gallbladder issues too...at least that's what it seems to be, the ultrasound didn't show anything. Not unusual for anyone who looses weight at a rapid rate to have gallstones. 1st attach was in December and I've had about 6 since then, they come in clusters for me. Been better for the last 6 weeks...maybe my stones have passed. Bland, low-fat food is the best to avoid attachs, nuts and other things can be triggers too. Don't panic, the fix is surgery that easier than banding, but definitely talk to your Doc, it can have complications if ignored.

Sue

BBF!!! HAHA!!! I think we got a winner!!!

Restriction returned from no where!!! Still able to eat more than I'd like...but at least I can feel some! I'll still get a fill tomorrow.

Major NSV today. I need a swimsuit for lymphoedema physical therapy and was SO dreading going to try and buy one. However, once I got there, I loved the very first one I tried!

First I took a size 16 top and a 14 bottom in and I almost bought it! Then I thought I may as well try a 14 top. Then I went and got a 12 bottom and finally a 12 top! My head is having a hard time catching up to my body (image). I went for a pricier Land's End suit (which adds another level of accountability), tankini top with the little skirt, and I just love the color.

I honestly thought I might run out of the dressing room crying, but I just floated out...and I can't wait to wear it! Here's a link:

Women's Solid Faille Lingerie Swim Top from Lands' End

Thanks for listening. :-)

Edited by legster

hi everyone, i've been gone forever, and i just wanted to check back in for my bandiversary!

i've started back to school and things are just crazy around here (2yr old and 4yr old take responsibility for that!) anyway, i'm doing okay...kinda think i have a gallbladder problem too...and the gas trapped in my left shoulder is something i have gotten used to. i'm down 52 pounds, and i love it. i've had two fills so far and i think i'm right where i want to be as far as restriction.

anyway, glad to hear about success and sorry to hear about those of you who are having some trouble...hope you feel better soon!

wow, legster, a size twelve...i can't even imagine!!! congrats, congrats!

here is my one year pic~

may1-4beachtrip2008065.jpg

BBF!!! HAHA!!! I think we got a winner!!!

Restriction returned from no where!!! Still able to eat more than I'd like...but at least I can feel some! I'll still get a fill tomorrow.

We must have similar belly's because mine looks like bitter beer face...LOL

congrats on the restriction, hopefully it will stay for a little while for you.

Major NSV today. I need a swimsuit for lymphoedema physical therapy and was SO dreading going to try and buy one. However, once I got there, I loved the very first one I tried!

First I took a size 16 top and a 14 bottom in and I almost bought it! Then I thought I may as well try a 14 top. Then I went and got a 12 bottom and finally a 12 top! My head is having a hard time catching up to my body (image). I went for a pricier Land's End suit (which adds another level of accountability), tankini top with the little skirt, and I just love the color.

I honestly thought I might run out of the dressing room crying, but I just floated out...and I can't wait to wear it! Here's a link:

Women's Solid Faille Lingerie Swim Top from Lands' End

Thanks for listening. :-)

Legster that is SO CUTE! Congrats on the size 12, that is so great! Is that AQUA color the one you bought? If so, I love, love, love the color....I want one.

Mischievous1...

Yep, I'm having Gallbladder issues too...at least that's what it seems to be, the ultrasound didn't show anything. Not unusual for anyone who looses weight at a rapid rate to have gallstones. 1st attach was in December and I've had about 6 since then, they come in clusters for me. Been better for the last 6 weeks...maybe my stones have passed. Bland, low-fat food is the best to avoid attachs, nuts and other things can be triggers too. Don't panic, the fix is surgery that easier than banding, but definitely talk to your Doc, it can have complications if ignored.

Sue

Sue, I'm so sorry you are having Gallbladder problems, I hope you are feeling better soon...I haven't actually had any attacks yet, only a slight aching, so I thought It had something to do with my port initially and that maybe the muscle was causing the mystery pains on the opposite side of the body...it just aches like a port that has been slept on....hopefully it is minor because I can't get it checked out until I get back from Vegas next week...pray for me!!!!:)

Is that AQUA color the one you bought? If so, I love, love, love the color....I want one.

Yes, I got the aqua one. It's my favorite color. in fact, I painted my kitchen cabinets that color! :)

Raysbabe, I love your one year picture! You look wonderful and so happy. Isn't it great?