Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

coolness metal!

my most recent nsv was NOT having to ask a stewardess for a seatbelt extender the last time i flew down to houston from maine. that rocked, as well as being SIGNIFICANTLY more comfortable in the little tunacans they label as coach seating.

another nsv had last night. went over to friends house for dinner and drinks. i sat down in a chair i never would have dreamed sitting in six months ago. i would have broken it. not this time. not even a squeek.

Way to go Metal and Lizrbit!! WOO HOO! I also love to read people's NSV's.

Well, alright, I'll share one. I've been on the thread "Couch to 5K", and decided to give it a try. Yup, I'm running (sort of). I can't say I thought I'd like to run (I used to sprint in High School MANY years ago). But After finishing Week 1, I really do enjoy it. Look it up. You start off really slowly, alternating walking and slow jogging. For instance week 1 has you jog for 60 seconds, then walk for 90 seconds, alternating for 20 minutes. I figure I'll burn some calories, it won't cost me, and maybe I'll really like running, who knows? But that is my NSV for this week, that and my Size 12 jeans are getting loose! (The scale is not moving yet, but I don't really like this scale anyway.) What's important is how I feel and how the clothes are fitting, right?

Let's hear from some more May Banders on NSV!!!

Cindy

Great Cindy!!! 12's getting to big.....I can only imagine!! It is funny that you say that about running. I went out for a walk today and decided to jog. What I would do is walk....then jog for a while, then walk again.It sounds like I need to check out the thread you talked about! Thanks for the info and yes....Keep the NSV's coming!!!

I need a little encouragement here ladies . . . help! I can't remember when the scale moved last. It's been weeks and weeks! I even dragged out all my old weight watchers material and started following that because I had to figure out how to get off this plateau. I realized I was not eating enough food but my band is soooo tight that there is no way I can get it all down. I am afraid that I have starved myself into not losing weight at all anymore. I have been faithful about exercising and weight lifting and it looks like my weight is shifting around my body because my clothes are fitting different but it has been six weeks and nothing has changed . . . come on! I'm so discouraged!!

Lizrbit,

Your right, I didn't eat six of the donuts like I would have before. And good news. I got back on track for the weekend and I can't wait for my monthly wght in on the 1rst. Remember I was 196 on Oct 1. I hope I am in the 180's now. That would be wonderful. My NSV today was that I had my back to my office door this morning and a coworker (dosn't know I had the band) walked in and gasped and said man, your loosin some wght! I said can ya tell...and she said yes! Loved the gasp!

Wenjea, I know that it must be so frusterating not having the scale move. My encouragement to you is that you are changing your shape. Isn't it amazing how weights do that. You are probably in better shape than most of us. Looks like you are doing everything right. Just keep doing it. Maybe stop wghing on that scale and worry only about the inches. I am amazed at your wght loss! You should be so proud. Don't worry about rushing the numbers. It will happen, it really really will. By next May...these days will only be a memory! Your gonna be hot!

blessings, Weazer

Macysgranny - thanks for the plateau breaker, it looks a lot like my pre-surgery diet, except for the added Protein. I will give it a try because nothing else is working!!!!

Wenjea, i understand where your at. This may sound dumb but I was having same problem so I went to the apple orchard on friday and bought some good old fashion cider and 25# of apples had an apple and a glass of cider next day I was down 3# it was a great diuretic if you get my meaning. HA HA it tasted great also. Good Luck to you. Sheila

Hi All, It's been a few days,I've been driving to the hospital every day to see my sister. sHEI HAD GASTRIC BYPASS LAST tHURSDAY AND HAD A HARD TIME OF IT SHE'S STILL IN AND HAS IMPROVED SOMEWHAT. She is still sick and nauseaus. Hopefully she'll go home tomorrow. I hate to see he in pain. She has some sort of auto immune disease so she couldn't be banded. I know it would have been easier for her. She decieded after I had the lap band that she wanted to do something I'm proud of her. But still worried. she's 5 years younger than me but has young children. So I guess I'll continue to worry. Sheila

Okay, so I have lost about 2/3 of my hair. My bloodwork is fine, both my lapband Dr. and my regular Dr. are puzzled. I am going to the Dermatologist on the 7th for a biopsy on my scalp. This is getting crazy. I don't think thin and bald will be very hot. Pretty soon I will have to wear a hat-no lie!

Twinmommy, I'm sorry to hear of your problem. i have had a lot of Hair loss too, but not 2/3 rds. i'm stil struggling to get in 65grams of Protein but most days I accompish it. I figured this was my problem. keep us posted how you make out I'm praying for you. Sheila

So its been 12 days since my fill. I am down 13 lbs. I have sooo much restriction and I got a unfill last Monday. Yesterday I made myself a can of tuna and I didnt even finish half the can. That is all I could eat yesterday. Today....two bites of a baked potatoe and about 3 bites of a lentle Soup. Water still fills like its hard going down. If I take a sip I burp and then get the hic ups right away and keep burping. I am not hungry thank God but I am just really tired not energy.

Sandra

255h/242s/177c/165g

Sandra, Wow your weight loss is great. Hope your restriction lets up a little. No energy is really hard I know I get a head ache if I don't get enough fluids and Protein. feel better, Sheila

I went and got a very slight unfill today. I'm still very restricted, but I could tell at lunch that I was going to be able to handle solids better. For some reason my restriction increased over the past few weeks and I was having issues with keeping food down (urgh). All better :)

The ticker is killing me. For some reason the closer I get to goal the further out that goal seems to be. I'll get over it, but that last 30 pounds is looming large :(

Alright people. I am trying really hard not to be discouraged. I have only lost 2 pounds this past month. Yup, since my last fill 4 weeks ago, I have only lost 2 pounds. I should be happy that the scale is at least going in the right direction. A loss is a loss, but still it is upsetting. I'm really not eating that much at all. True, I've slacked on the exercise, but I did start "running' last week. I've actually done it four times already (I'm happy about that)! And I have increased my Water intake again, as that was slacking after this fill as well. I don't eat between meals anymore, so what gives.

OK enough whining. Moving on. Thanks for listening.

Cindy