Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Has anyone gotten the stomach flu while banded? It is going around through my kids and I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb and am worried about what the throwing up might do to the band. I'm looking to all of you for information.

Has anyone gotten the stomach flu while banded? It is going around through my kids and I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb and am worried about what the throwing up might do to the band. I'm looking to all of you for information.

I think I am coming down with it right now. I have felt yucky since yesterday. I plan on taking some of the prescription meds they gave me for after surgery for nausea if it comes to it. If you dont have those they sell Emetrol over the counter it has a rainbow on the box and is liquid.< /p>

Hello Bandits!

Just got back from a trip to Houston. I ate too much junk. I am going to the filling station for a fill this afternoon. I will have to weigh in. I was 196 on Oct 1..I bet I gained weight while on my trip. I will let you guys know how much I weigh when I get back. I havn't read the posts because of the work load..but I just know your all doing great! Right now I have 2.5 fill. wonder what they will put in it!

Blessings,

Morning!

Well went to the doc and had my fill. I had only gained one pd! I bet that's already gone by this morning so I won't count it. She gave me a total fill amount of 2.75 I didn't want too much because I was already pbing. So slow but sure will work for me. I tried to eat a bite of oatmeal this morning but it hurt so I will just have a Protein Shake maybe.

You guys have a wonderful day!

Blessings,

Good morning all..

Its been a couple days since I've posted.

Yesterday was a bad day from the start.. have you ever had one of those days where you got out of bed and could just sense that it was going to be bad? That was yesterday for me.

Work was bad. Everything went wrong. I came home and got a response card back from my Dad's best friend (who has had 2 heart attacks in the past month)...they can not attend the wedding... I understand but I was really looking forward to seeing them there... he has always been like a 2nd father to me. Then the worst... I had an email from an old friend I used to work with..to call her..and it was important.

Her 19 year old daughter committed suicide on Sunday night in the treatment halfway house she has lived in for the past few months. Her daughter and I had alot in common.. have gone thru the same struggles and somehow I survived it all...and she did not. That haunts me. I'm devastated. She told me she went to see her that night and just held her while she cried. She told her mother she could no longer stop the voices inside her head...and she just looked worn out. She fought as hard as she could, for as long as she could and just could no longer fight.

Needless to say, my emotional eating has kicked in.

I am so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to your friend and her family, and you too. How tragic. It just goes to show how we should not sweat the small stuff. We think we are having a bad day over traffic or work or whatever and we gripe and complain but in essence we should be counting our blessings each and every minute. I hope that your friends daughter is finally at peace. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you Metalband. And you're right. It makes you thankful for a life without struggle...

Funny thing happened today. TOM came today... in full force...but something made me go upstairs and weigh. I kinda figured.. I ate like a pig with a tape worm.. I'm already in a funky mood.. lets go see the damage. After the scale jumped to 230 again... it was down today to 226...even with all the eating and TOM. Not bad.

Weazer- Sounds like you are on your way again :) I had to drink protien shakes for about 4 days with my last fill but am back to eating normal foods again.

I keep forgetting to take my Vitamins though because of small children I keep them up in a cabinet. How do you all remember to take them? I am STILL losing gobs of hair! I am ready for it to stop already I am kind of getting worried.

Melissa- I am so sorry about your friends loss. I cant imagine how that affects you also. I will be praying for her family during this horrible time. I dont know about you but I am absolutely an emotional eater. I was given this article at a support group meeting and it really made me think. Try to keep on track during the stress of your wedding and everything else going on!

Weight Loss Surgery Coach: Head Hunger and Emotional Eating

Melissa, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. That makes me so very sad. Life can be difficult at times and it is really hard sometimes for people, especially young people to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My condolences.

Thanks for the advice Ragdoll. I tried to eat some oatmeal but it stuck. So I went and got a pc of turkey sausage and smothered it in a bit of white gravy, but it stuck too. So I just through it all away. At lunch I will do like they told me and just have some chicken broth and maybe a Protein Shake. I was trying to do it my way, but I guess I better start listening. Now when I take even the tiniest of bites, after this 4th fill, it is so funny. My throat starts making all these funny squeeky, bubbly noises while the food is trying to go past the band. You can hear it if your sitting next to me. Very funny! I admit I am not taking the Vitamins anymore. I really have been eating healthy and my hair is not falling out. My doc told me I could get off my blood pressure pills starting today so...whoopie! That makes me very happy. I just have to monitor my bp and heart rate. Heart rate is really the problem for me. It was 99 this morning while resting. I am afraid all the weight loss pills I've taken in my life may have damaged it. I'll find out soon. Well, sure do hope I can take 10 more pds off in the next month so I can reach my half way goal. This is slower going than I dreamed. But, it is going so I'm not complaining.

Blessing everyone!

Thank you Weazer.

I dont know why... but I thought I could squeeze myself into a pair of Mossimo shorts from Target. I realized about 2 weeks ago that I have nothing to wear while in Hawaii on our honeymoon.. so I found 2 pairs of size 17 on the clearance rack at Target.. well, they may as well have taken the "1" from the front of the 17 because I could get them up...but the buttons were at my hipbones ... couldnt even stretch them to button...not even close! Oh well... They were like $3.50 a pair.. I'll just hold onto them for next summer.

Melissa,

I can relate. I bought a pair of 17 in the jr section at wally world early this summer. I try them on from time to time to gauge my wght loss. Well, they are these skinny leg camoflauge capris. I got them up just fine yesterday but the legs (hips) were loose. But they were so low that they barely covered what they are supposed to cover. I think the 17's in the Jr dept are mis sized! Surely it's not me! ha!

I agree! I'm now wearing 2 pairs of size 16's from 2 different stores...and they fit fine... now if a 16 fits...why not a 17? A little more than just frustrating!!

First of all....Melissa I am sooooo sorry. I dont even know what to say. My brother commited suicide when he was 19...I was 22 at the time. It devistated are family and we have never been the same. Its been 11 years and the pain still feels the same.

I had to go for my second fill today. It was complete torcher!! My port is smack in the middle right under my ribs. Its hard to get the needle in....I guess because I lost weight and my ribs are sticking out....bu my port is pointed towards my ribs....so I just layed there and cried....felt like my ribs where breaking. Well I think I got good restriction....my Soup is going down SLOW!!! I just hope I can get back on the loosing side!!

Sandra

255h/242s/189c/165g??