Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Thanks... I had to cut work short today.. I just couldnt deal with the pain anymore.. I came home and paged my ENT.. hopefully he will call soon.

Yes, I'm having the same problem, too. I was just mentioning this to my daughter. I have not been able to tolerate bread since banding, but today I ate a grilled portobello with feta, Tomato, and lettuce on a small roll, and ate the whole thing! No problem. Not a good thing. My visit with the doctor is October 1, hope I can wait that long.

Cindy

Boy eating just is not as fun as it use to be. Now it's more like a chore. Anybody else feel the same way.. Don't get me wrong I would not change the band for anything, but I really did not understand how much I truley enjoyed eating until it literaly takes 45 minutes to eat pratically nothing. Food's cold just not as enjoyable as before. O well I guess now it wont be as inportant for me to eat like it was before. Planning each meal 10 hours in advance so I could build up to eating it.

Boy eating just is not as fun as it use to be. Now it's more like a chore. Anybody else feel the same way.. Don't get me wrong I would not change the band for anything, but I really did not understand how much I truley enjoyed eating until it literaly takes 45 minutes to eat pratically nothing. Food's cold just not as enjoyable as before. O well I guess now it wont be as inportant for me to eat like it was before. Planning each meal 10 hours in advance so I could build up to eating it.

No I agree, it is alot of work to take small bites and chew and wait to see how it settles, repeat..etc. etc..i'm right there with you. People are always amazed at how little I actually eat anymore...as if I have a choice now...but I do love my band.:bandit

I agree with you guys.. eating is more of a chore now. And the fear of a public PB is really making me watch what I eat when I'm at work or out to eat!!

My ENT called me back... and called in an antibiotic, decongestants and pain meds for me. Even after taking all the meds I was still unable to get comfortable enough to sleep last night....AND I have my aunt's wedding today... I'd much rather stay home in bed!!

I would have never imagined how much of a workout it is playing like a kid. Yesterday my my brother, sister-in-law, my husband and I took my daughter and two nephews to this place called Bouncing Bonanza. Basically it is a building that has been cleared out, carpeted and is now full of those big huge blow up bouncing houses and blow up slides. Well they charge kids to play, but the adults get to play for free. We ran around playing with the kids, bouncing around in the mazes, and sliding down the slides. I got more of a workout jumping around in there than I think I have had in awhile...and the best part was that it was so fun! I did end up with two skinned elbows and two skinned knees. And, this morning when I woke up, my back is a little stiff (which I contribute to me sliding face first down the biggest slide b/c I over shot the top when I climbed up the rope thing and didn't get a chance to sit down and slide....my sister-in-law almost pee'd on herself laughing at me).

I have learned that I don't have to just go to a gym to workout. Playing and running around with the kids is IMHO just as much of a workout, and SO much more fun. We will definately be back to Bouncing Bonanza again.

Hello to all, I haven't posted in a while! I finally made it to onderland! I thought it would never come.

I had my 6th fill on Tuesday and this one is kicking my tail. I hate trying to decide if I am too tight and then wondering if it will just loosen on its own?

Has anyone been for an unfill? It just depresses me to think of doing that since I feel like it took so long to be restricted!

On another note, I have come to realize that being full doesn't feel the same as it used to. I guess it has something to do with food not being in your lower stomach. I just wish my brain would get over the food addiction!!

Congrats to all! I think this is the longest I have ever been without gaining anything!

Congrats Melissa!!!!!!! You guys look great and a small wedding with family is the way everyone should do it. Who needs the stress of a big wedding especially starting off!!

First comes marriage then comes a baby in a baby carriage!!

Or it is fun practicing!!!!!! HE HE

I would have never imagined how much of a workout it is playing like a kid. Yesterday my my brother, sister-in-law, my husband and I took my daughter and two nephews to this place called Bouncing Bonanza. Basically it is a building that has been cleared out, carpeted and is now full of those big huge blow up bouncing houses and blow up slides. Well they charge kids to play, but the adults get to play for free. We ran around playing with the kids, bouncing around in the mazes, and sliding down the slides. I got more of a workout jumping around in there than I think I have had in awhile...and the best part was that it was so fun! I did end up with two skinned elbows and two skinned knees. And, this morning when I woke up, my back is a little stiff (which I contribute to me sliding face first down the biggest slide b/c I over shot the top when I climbed up the rope thing and didn't get a chance to sit down and slide....my sister-in-law almost pee'd on herself laughing at me).

I have learned that I don't have to just go to a gym to workout. Playing and running around with the kids is IMHO just as much of a workout, and SO much more fun. We will definately be back to Bouncing Bonanza again.

I agree I just rented a bouncy house for my daughters 3rd birthday (only 150 dollars for 3 days-what a great deal) and we had a blast, way better than any workout i've had in month's and it kicked my butt!!!

Just a timestamp for me for later: officially -70 lbs from consult in April

Manatee,

That is awesome, wow....70 pounds. You must be so proud. Great job.:clap2::clap2::whoo:

Manatee,

YOOHOOO! for you, 70 pounds what an amazing feet. You must be kicking up your heals, I'm doing a happy dance for you. You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work.

Sheila