Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

kadrianmatthews - good job!!!!

To all who will be banded today, best wishes to you and we'll see you on the flip side!

I was banded Monday and what keeps going through my mind today is:

I did it!

I DID IT ! ! ! !

SC-Cindy! Welcome to the 23 Club! I'm right there with ya! Also self-pay. Really starting to get the feeling that the days are counting down now!

Good luck to all of you being banded today! CONGRATTS!!! Welcome SC! I am having mine done the same day. 6 MORE DAYS!!! I finally got my closet cleaned out lastnight, and usually I would throw things away that dont fit NOT this time! I am so excited to look in there and see clothes too small that I will soon fit into. I am going to clean all weekend to keep my mind off of things. I am also getting my netflix movies lined up so I will have some good movies to watch next week.

Has anyone had surgery while its that time of the month? Unless something happens quick this is looking like a possibility for me. I mean I know they use a catheter how humiliating and gross this will be :)

It never fails for me! Even on my honeymoon this happend! I can tell you it is not fun being stressed about an upcoming surgery, stressed about a pre-op diet, stressed about work, and having PMS. I am a real joy to be around... my poor dh is so wonderful!

Boy, this thread is getting interesting!! It's great to see the transitions everyone is making, from the pre-op stages, to the surgery, to post-op! What a great group!

Anyway, does anyone have any good advice for the mushy stage? ? I did a search for recipes and have gotten some good ones, but oftentimes they contain meat (that is blended). I'm confused!

:help: I know I am supposed to get lots of Protein in, but how?? Jello and pudding just doesn't cut it...I start to get hungry now, and I know the protein will help.

Please let me know if any of you have any ideas. Maybe we should publish an A-MAY-zing Bandsters Cookbook and make a fortune!

Thoughts and prayers to everyone getting banded today and tomorrow! YOU WILL DO GREAT!!

:)

Hey, I am in the mushy stage also. One of my favorites is - vanilla protien mix (18 grams per scoop), mix with a cup of milk, and 1/2 package of surgar free, fat free instant puddin mix. Mix in the blender for a few min. I use diffrent kinds of pudding, my favorite is cheesecake flavor. I have also tried the cho. and white cho. flavors. I then layer it with surgar free whip cream, you can also dirzzle a little hershey cho over it (just a little for looks). Oh it is sooooooo good and very filling.

I also take a boiled egg and smash it real good with a fork and mix it with tuna and lite mayo. I cooked a pot of white Beans last night. Having them for lunch today. Smashed with some ham broth. That is all I have come up with so far. Just my second day of this mushy stage. But sure glad to be here, was tired of the liquid stuff.

Has anyone had surgery while its that time of the month? Unless something happens quick this is looking like a possibility for me. I mean I know they use a catheter how humiliating and gross this will be :)

Don't worry. If that happens it can't be humiliating because they do all that after you are out. They have seen so much worse than a woman having her normal TOM, I doubt they even make notice of it! Seriously.

It never fails for me! Even on my honeymoon this happened! I can tell you it is not fun being stressed about an upcoming surgery, stressed about a pre-op diet, stressed about work, and having PMS. I am a real joy to be around... my poor dh is so wonderful!
Give your dh extra hugs these days. I know I did. After you have your surgery and look back on the pre-op stage it will seem like nothing but a tiny blip in the action of securing your health for the rest of your life.

Christine

Had my band done on May 2nd and I am doing great.The only side effect that i have had is a Panic attack while I was going to sleep 10 days after the surgery.I have a pretty streesful job but have never had it go to that level before.My doc told me that sometimes it is a result of the surgery.

Try this thread for some ideas on the mushie stage. Glad you hear you are doing so well!

Legster,

THANKS!! I'll check it out!

mommytokk - i was thinking of making some Jello with the clear Isopure drinks that come in glass bottles. you could use regular Water for the boiled water and isopure for the cold water portion? i havent tried it yet but i dont know why it wouldnt work? isopure bottles have 40 grams of protien in them so you could get some that way?

ragdollx19

Where do you find these?? Do they taste good? and are they like water, or more like a crystal light???

thanks!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Laura P,

That sounds yummy! I have been eating the sf puddings with a little lite cool whip, but I hate it that i am not getting the ptn. Where did you get your vanilla Protein Powder? ? Do you know...are there ones that taste/work better than others?

I have become a huge fan of ispoure during these two week post op liquid -- as I understand it it you can't freeze or boil Isopure (I mean you certainly could) but it ultimately changes the molecular structure of the Protein and you don't want that. I found my isopure at the Vitamin Store -- its pricey but I bought two case premade and it has been very convenient. I don't know if they have samples or not but I bought fruit punch and apple melon (don't care for apple melon) next time I'm in I will buy a bottle of each and figure out what I like before buying the case.

They also sell in in powder form and that's even a better deal.... I can't rave about it enough -- without it I would be struggling to get all the protein in these days.

Thanks for the response that eggs were considered mushie. I started my mushie stage today and just got finished eating a scrambled egg. oh my gosh, it was FANTASTIC! it was to have something that I could chew for a change!

Laura P,

That sounds yummy! I have been eating the sf puddings with a little lite cool whip, but I hate it that i am not getting the ptn. Where did you get your vanilla Protein powder?? Do you know...are there ones that taste/work better than others?

I am not at home, and can't remember the brand name. I will post it when I get home Okay. I do know that it is 100% whey Protein, I get it at a health food store here. I have also seen it at Krogers. It is cheaper at the health food store. I love the vanilla, you can mix it with anything sweet, such as shakes and puddin. I can't tell it is in there. I have to admit, I ate puddin for supper last night. Not bad, counting the milk and the powder I was gettin around 28 gm. of protein. Oh, I use the sugar free/fat free instant cho. puddin mix with milk, and the vanilla protein powder, just blend until mixed well, and it is like haveing a thick cho. shake. Very good, had that this morning for Breakfast.< /p>

Everyone has such great ideas for the mushies... I can't wait to try them!! My mouth was watering at the idea of having ff cheesecake pudding!!

I'm having a really tough time with the trapped gas..and I've tried everything... walking, bending, kneeling, gas x...but it is getting a little better.

Today is my first day on full liquids and I'm having a half of a chocolate Protein shake..and I may try some Tomato Soup a little later.

...and as for the TOM and surgery... yup. that was me..... My TOM started last friday and surgery was on Monday... well, come Sunday night I thought it was gone... I should have known... my TOM has a fun way of playing hide and seek for a day or two... so, I'm sitting in the prep room..and I go to get changed ..and yup, you guessed it...there it was once again.