Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

So after being "unfilled" for almost 10 months I am going in tomorrow for my first fill after baby. I am very nervous....first I now have to pay for my fills at 100 a fill and if I want the x-ray its 150.00 total. Should I start back like when I first had surgery??? I guess that would be the right thing to do. I am miserable right now.....so fat....UUUUGGG. Just ready to get back with it. Any advise from you guys??

265/240/165

So after being "unfilled" for almost 10 months I am going in tomorrow for my first fill after baby. I am very nervous....first I now have to pay for my fills at 100 a fill and if I want the x-ray its 150.00 total. Should I start back like when I first had surgery??? I guess that would be the right thing to do. I am miserable right now.....so fat....UUUUGGG. Just ready to get back with it. Any advise from you guys??

265/240/165

I'm sorry you feel awful, I totally understand. Maybe you should tell them to be really aggressive on your fills and then when you do the liquid diet it will jumpstart the weight loss and you will start to feel better...which as you know will snowball the weight loss...as you FEEL better you move more and then lose faster..and so on..

So went in today for my fill. I was stressed sooooo bad that I felt like I had weights on my shoulders. I HATE NEEDLES. I hate needles soooo bad that I didnt get a epidural when I had baby. Well they put in 1 cc.....when I got unfilled I had a total of 2 cc. I am not sure how much my band holds though...I will have to look into it. So its like I just had surjery minus the hospital, and the gas. So liquids for 2 or 3 days then to start on mushies....oh yea and I am not at my original weight of 265....I am at 243. Well I will keep all informed of my progress.

265/243/165

Once more, a tuck followup

It's been 4 weeks since the last meeting with Dr. Chop-n-Drop. During that time I've noticed that the hard ridge of tissue has softened to what looks like a 'normal' roll of excess fat. No Fluid buildups, no pressure, etc.

Doc took a look and is still Pleased With Himself. The scar is where it's supposed to be -- red and noticeable -- but is fading nicely. Scars don't bother me anyway, I already look like I survived an icepick attack.

The plan now is another 4 weeks of recovery, and then a final liposuction procedure to clear out the last of the roll and belly flab. He might hit the lower back again if he thinks it's necessary. Honestly, I don't care that much about the back because I cannot see it :thumbs_up:

So, Feb 5 expect another update.

HELLO! Well no real weight loss yet! I can barely get anything down w/o slimming or PB. Cant seem to get on the loosing side yet. I am very annoyed!

So I have updated my photo and read up on some of our progress, or lack there of, and it turns out I am not so alone in the boat! I have been stuck at a 50 lb loss since my 1 year anniversary. Now it seems that the m&m's and honey cashews have finally caught up with me and attacked with a 4 pound gain since Christmas. I have also been drinking WAY too much Pepsi. It seems to be just what I have been missing all this time. I am dissappointed in myself and that I spent all that money to not keep up with losing weight. I put my gym membership on hold over the summer for family reasons and when my Grandma finally passed on in Sept. I have been not been motivated for a whole lot. Just holding on. SO I hope to get back on here and be inspired or supportive to others. I hope to get back in the pool in February. I will give myself that long to kick the Pepsi!

I am here to say I am BACK on the "band" wagon! I was content with a 65 lb loss for too long...I had never been a size 8 in my life so I got stuck there. I just found a fabulous fill doctor in Tyler that does them fluro and on Saturday and I got a fill this past weekend...I AM TIGHT and loving it....I also joined Weight Watchers to help with the last 30 lbs and it is working!

Anyone have trouble with docs not taking long-term care seriously?

I'm having a reoccurring issue with the band tightening on me. I know there's day to day fluctuation, but this is more than that. I've had to have liquid pulled off twice now, and over the last week it's tightened again to the point of night reflux and interfering with all solids and even thick Soups.< /p>

I tried talking to the office of my doc, but they don't seem to care at all about the issue and instead give me the "it's variable, deal with it" runaround.

I will be camping in their office soon, but I was curious if others had this problem with long-term care. It seems that once you're a "success" the program doesn't want to keep spending effort on you. Anyone else feel the same?

HELP!!! So I got refilled after being not filled for 10 months. I thought the process would be easy to get back to start loosing the weight that came off so easily the first time around. I figured my body and mind would know what to do. Well here I sit since January 7th , say 6 weeks and no real weight loss. I get stuck a lot some days and throw up and PB but I have lost and gainned the same 3 pounds. What am I doing wrong. I can eat a lot too....thats if I dont get stuck after the first bite. I DONT UNDERSTAND and I am soooooo frustrated. I need help...adivise, suport, Does anyone have the band rules??? Maybe I need to revist that. Protein first, Water, water, water. I should of lost some weight by now...I am not asking for 20 pounds but at 6 weeks at least 2 pounds a week. Any body please help!!!!!

265/243/165

Hey Guy,

It seems that alot of us are facing the same issues. This is so hard at times. I was steady on my weight loss, not big numbers but steady. Then, I quit smoking in August... Yea for me ...but that started a nightly love affair with ice cream to replace my habit.

I have a very good friend who wanted to get the band. She talked to me about in and then she started the process, fighting the insurance company, all of the test, 6 month diet etc. It did something for me, it reminded me just how bad I wanted this band. So I started going to support meetings with her. I met others who were going thru the same issues. I went on the liquid pre-diet with her when she had her surgery I was at the hospital with her. I have re-commited to my band. It took her getting it to help me. I have also joined a "Biggest Looser" contest at my guy. I need the accountability. I will take this one day at a time. It sucks somethime when I think that this is a lifetime problem I will have to deal with. But I have to face facts...it is.

What I suggest, and it has helped me "Ditch the scales". Focus on eating right for Breakfast, then focus on lunch and then dinner. One meal at a time. Go for a walk, breath, take a long bubble bath. Hug your kids, laugh, and realise that this is our life, the only one we have. Dont stress about the ever looming "20" lbs that we all seem to need to loose. I remember my doctor telling me that this was the "Crock Pot" not the "Microwave Oven" method of loosing weight. He told me that it could take 3 years to reach your goal. But, if I kept trying it would happen.

Sorry to go on and on...... I just hope that I have reached the other side of one of the challenges that this journey has in store for me. So, here I go with a new one......

Take care all,

Laure

Laura, your post was very meaningful. I too am at that 20lb stop. I feel so good now that I guess that has made me less motivated. BUT, I have come so far to not succeed would not be good for me or fair to all the people who have been so supportive including this board. So, I am back, and need to be more accountable and that starts here, tonight. Thanks all! Back to the what I was doing when I lost the 90lbs! Excercise and eating right! Let the tool work!:)

Well it is good to know that this is a common struggle. I had gotten comfortable with 30 lbs left to go. I was in a smaller size than I can EVER remember so I relaxed....I went for another fill in January and have lost 11 of the 30! WE CAN DO THIS! YEAH US!

Well I talked to my Dr's office and we have a new nurse. She wanted to see my picture of my fluoroscope after my fill in January....well she said I was still way tooooo open...so back for another fill on Thursday.

265/236.5/165

So I got filled on Wednesday.....First I was sooo tight I had total restriction....so he had to adjust it a bit. I am happy because it is tight. I feel like I can get right on track again. Today is Friday and I weighed in at 235. So I was 237 on Wednesday so hopefully this will get me motivated to start loosing again. I need some accountability...so even if no one responsds to my crazyness I will keep posting on my results....the good and the bad. I would like to be at 200 by June 17th...that is my 36th birthday. Everyone keep your fingers crossed...I didnt do this just NOT to try to loose weight. LORD help me. Off to drink a Protein Shake I go!

265/235/165