Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Canadians ?

You will be so happy with it today I feel normal not much pain showered got ready feeling really good and down 41lbs since pre op diet starred so happy with my decision had a few days I had buyers remorse but they passed quickly! @@Bohemian

Hello all my fellow Canucks, I am in wpg and looking for support from those who have come before us.

Cheers

It's been over a year now since my bypass. I too had buyer's remorse for a moment but am happy now that I did it. I would never recommend this surgery lightly. It is risky and it's not a cure all. I was getting older (I'm now 62) and have been battling weight for 20 to 30 years. Diabetes was just around the corner for me. I couldn't breathe or walk up stairs easily. My sleep was disturbed. All in all, not a good sign.

I feel fantastic but have to vigilant as the behaviours are still there. I still want to overeat and eat the wrong things. There is no where to go should I screw this up so I weigh myself everyday to keep honest with myself. I eat off of smaller plates and am very mindful of eating too much sugar. Shouldn't eat it at all but being the addict I am, I do regress. So, this is a tool not an ultimate fix, albeit a wonderful tool.

I have so much more energy and life is richer. Good luck @@bigmoe99 and congratulations @@mizzzzzzT (whoa, that's a lot of z's, lol)

Ruth

Edited by RuthFour

Well on day 2 of pre op liquid diet (boost) need to drink lots of Water to keep from feeling hungry but not to bad so far.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by bigmoe99

Barrie here...11 days till I go under the knife! Anyone have any advice on preop diet? Thanks! !

Edited by Gingebinge

Don't over extend yourself, your going to have a lot less energy and the last week energy levels are really low. The good news is, it gets much better I,m at post week 3 out of surgery and have no pain and things are progressing well. Good luck and hang in there, thing's get much better.

Bigmoe

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Barrie here...11 days till I go under the knife! Anyone have any advice on preop diet? Thanks! !

Hi I'm in Markham, Catharine, was wondering what uv been thru so far. My dr us just doing tests on me and doing paperwork.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

As far as I know they don't weigh you. I've had 2 of my 4 appointments and was only weighed at the first one. I also had my nutrition class today. Next appointment is Aug 24 and the last appt before meeting the surgeon is Sept 21.

Hi I'm in Markham, Catharine, was wondering what uv been thru so far. My dr us just doing tests on me and doing paperwork.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

I'll send u a message cat

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using the BariatricPal App

Hi Gingebinge,

To prepare for surgery I was told to cut out all caffeine, pop or carbonated drinks of all kinds. Try to eat 6 smaller, healthier meals as opposed to three large. Cut out cream and sugars or Desserts. Sugar will make you ill after surgery. Our stomachs are very different without the protection needed so caffeine and carbonated drinks are also a no-no including any nsaids of course.

You may already know all of this but this was the preparation I did. The Optifast will prepare you as well when you have to do this three weeks prior to surgery.

Hope this helps,

Ruth

Just recently joined from Brandon, Manitoba - going next week for second meeting with surgical nurse, dietician, and kinesiologist. Hopefully get the go ahead to meet with the anesthetist and surgeon pre-op.

Good Luck Praire Princess! Keep us posted. I'm assuming this is for gastric bypass?

Hey everyone! I'm from Mississauga, Ontario. I'm looking at a potential surgery date around the first week of August in 2017! :) Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome Dangeroussumme!