Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Canadians ?

@@Ivanova8 hey hopefully it gets better. That use to happen to me alot when i showered or got up i was told by the nurse it was low blood pressure. Did you feel hart palpitations too? Also check you blood sugar make sure you're not experiencing low blood sugars which could also be the case

Hi cab127,

I had terrible gas pains when I first got home....the more exercise I did the better. Meaning, walk, walk, walk. I lived to fart. I'm sorry if that offends but seriously it was a godsend.

Ruth

I have been walking but guess I need to keep it up. I really hope it goes soon

I'm from the East Coast, living in Quebec but far from Montreal...having my surgery in Rimouski. I meet the surgeon February 11th, and just got off a cruise ship so today is the day I start eating right ie. 4 food groups and completely quit my "social" smoking. Wish me luck!

@@cab127 you can try gas x strips or make ginget tea at home either store bought or freshly made. Buy fresh ginger peel and mash a bit pot of Water and let boil.

thanks for the tip. I will try it

No problem love @@cab127 also you can try star anise tea. It has been the ultimate best thing for gas like instantly you start getting rid of it. You can get it at bulk barn or Asian markets. And same thing just drop a anout 6 in about 3 cups of Water and boil.

post-242361-14217757001409_thumb.jpg

Greater Toronto area; had my surgery one week ago in Toronto. Doing very well; much less pain than expected!

Greater Toronto area; had my surgery one week ago in Toronto. Doing very well; much less pain than expected!

I agree very little pain and trying to get my Protein and Water in

Edited by cab127

Hi all.

I'm feeling much better now. I'm trying to drink extra Water compared to the recommended norm for this stage. That's what the nurse advised along with getting up slowly and no straining when using the washroom. Her advice seems to be working. I think I may feel up to driving today.

Congrats to everyone who recently had surgery! I hope it's going well.

@@freshair I'm not diabetic so I couldn't check my sugar. I did check my blood pressure and it's in the high normal range. I've checked it everyday this week. I love that it's going down a bit each day.

Ancaster Ontario here. I'm still reading all of your messages. I've just been frustrated by Hamilton's hospital. They didn't give me a list of appointments at my orientation, which I waited months for and now I'm waiting for my first 'real' apt. My doctor is dragging her feet with booking the tests they've encouraged me to try to have done before my next apt. Even though I have no idea when that apt might be. Toronto is so much faster and I'm considering requesting a transfer. It's just annoying because Hamilton is 20 min away if that whereas Toronto is an hour- more with traffic. The process is frustrating. What gives me hope is hearing how many of you have stuck it out, and in spite of gas pains and the difficulties of healing, and are doing well. I listen and appreciate all that you share.

Wow. Just re-read my message. It's almost incoherent. I shouldn't post after working all day and then dealing with 2 toddlers under 4! Lol :)

@@anewme2015 No worries. It made perfect sense to me. I certainly hear your frustration. Maybe some Hamilton folks will weigh in with what they may have done to help speed up the process. Good luck!

Ok ladies, I got my call! They had a cancellation, and my surgery is set for Monday in Red Deer! I am freaking out a bit! (In a mostly good way)

Wish me luck! Hello new life!!