Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheating the consultation scale...

LOL!!! I can only smile for this one.....thanks for being real!!!

I know people that took out the underwire in their bras, and replaced them with lead fishing weights. They also put extra weights in their shoes.

Be careful. At my weigh in they had me remove my socks and shoes. Their scale measures actual body fat but it needs direct contact with the skin. I don't know who your going to see, but in you have ankle weights on you just may be found out if they see then when/if you have to take your socks and shoes off. I was also instructed to put both my purse and coat on the chair.

Lol do they only go by the weight at your 1st consultation ???

FYI I keep on my clothes and my boots

Ha! I totally forgot about this. My first consultation I put a 10 lb plate weight inside my Spanx in order for me to qualify. I was 35 and some change. Now without the weight my bmi is 38 or so. I enjoyed my carefree eating in a sense.

I'm scheduled to be sleeved 3/14, my eating is under control now ;).

I also said I was 5'3 instead of 5'4, which favored me. They don't check.

I just txt my god child's mom because she went to the same Dr. I'll be seeing, she said no disrobing! Yayyy lol Def be able to sneak an ankle weight or two in. Lol count down

Just bend your knees a little. It will make you shorter and hike your bmi up a little.

Just bend your knees a little. It will make you shorter and hike your bmi up a little.

Well funny thing I've always said I'm 5'0 lol my dr. About 8 months ago says no Joy you're 4'11. I'm like did I shrink he's like no you never got measured we just went by you telling us lol oops!

Well funny thing I've always said I'm 5'0 lol my dr. About 8 months ago says no Joy you're 4'11. I'm like did I shrink he's like no you never got measured we just went by you telling us lol oops!

I slouched for the height measurement, ate a very heavy meal the night before and again right before the appointment, plus I drank massive amounts of Water. I went from weighing 116 kilograms to 118 kilograms, which is a difference of almost four pounds (I was shooting for 117 kilograms). I was told to take off my shoes and jacket, and it would have looked suspicious if I'd been carrying a bag.

I agree with what others have said about ankle weights maybe being noticeable, but you can stash heavy stuff other places, like in your bra, pockets and Spanx. Also, the more you layer, the more bulges from objects hidden on your person might disapear. Good luck!

I slouched for the height measurement, ate a very heavy meal the night before and again right before the appointment, plus I drank massive amounts of Water. I went from weighing 116 kilograms to 118 kilograms, which is a difference of almost four pounds (I was shooting for 117 kilograms). I was told to take off my shoes and jacket, and it would have looked suspicious if I'd been carrying a bag.

I agree with what others have said about ankle weights maybe being noticeable, but you can stash heavy stuff other places, like in your bra, pockets and Spanx. Also, the more you layer, the more bulges from objects hidden on your person might disapear. Good luck!

Great advice was thinking of trying to place the ankle weights somewhere else, and definitely going to drink a lot of Water though water runs right through me, but can't hurt to stack up I'm just shooting for another 5 lbs also my menstrual will be on so that's definitely in my favor of a lb or two.

Reduce your height when they measure your height. Bend a little. 1 or 2 inches effects your bmi. Don't try to gain weight. It is counter productive. :)

Since it's the insurance companies that have this "rule", I doubt your surgeon's office is going to be strict enough to frisk you on the scale! lol I have never had to worry about weighing too "little" for anything before. By looking at me, they knew I met the criteria. Just do ALL of the opposite things that I do when I go and weigh...... I make sure that I pee and whatever else I can eliminate from my body before I go on the scale. I wear the lightest clothing and less amount I can (weigh as close to naked as you can get in a public place without getting arrested!) lol take off my belt, jewelry, shoes, glasses, everything out of my pockets. So...if you do all of the opposite of that, you might have your 5 pounds.

I joke with my boyfriend who is in law enforcement about going for weigh -ins. When he goes to the doctor, he steps up there with heavy shoes, uniform AND a 25+ pounds duty belt on. Men generally don't care....me, if it can come off...it does! lol good luck!

Ive heard of people sewing weights into their clothes. I needed to gain 8 lbs...i knew it was worth it to have surgery before i got too unhealthhy, which i would have in the long run. I was ready to get things going....i didnt tell anyone i was purposely gaining. Ended up gaining 20 :/

BUT now im down 106....definitely worth it!