Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Jersey Sleevers?

Purrfctangel where did you get your surgery done?

Aspira in Vineland NJ, Dr Attia. Great hospital experience.

Hi fellow sleevers! I'm new to the group. I'm in northern jersey am I'm going to have my surgery at Morristown medical center. Anybody used Dr. Ward or Dr. Nesbaum? Those are the 2 surgeons I was deciding between. I'll figure it out when I see dr. N on Monday. This is a scary experience and I'm looking for all the support I can get. My family keeps telling me that I don't need the sleeve being that I don't look " that big". But I'm 5'5 245lbs. I may not " look that big" but I'm unhealthy and I want to prevent any weight related issues that run in my family. Am I wrong for wanting surgery? Ugh. Sorry I'm all over the place , I have nobody else to talk to ????

Hi fellow sleevers! I'm new to the group. I'm in northern jersey am I'm going to have my surgery at Morristown medical center. Anybody used Dr. Ward or Dr. Nesbaum? Those are the 2 surgeons I was deciding between. I'll figure it out when I see dr. N on Monday. This is a scary experience and I'm looking for all the support I can get. My family keeps telling me that I don't need the sleeve being that I don't look " that big". But I'm 5'5 245lbs. I may not " look that big" but I'm unhealthy and I want to prevent any weight related issues that run in my family. Am I wrong for wanting surgery? Ugh. Sorry I'm all over the place , I have nobody else to talk to

I used Dr. Nusbaum. He was very good and the people in his office are wonderful. The surgery coordinator, Denise, is amazing and very helpful. Morristown Medical Center is awesome. The nurses take such care of you. And, unlike some other hospitals, you get taken in when your appointment is so that you aren't kept waiting.

Thanks for your reply bino. Dr. Nusbaum comes highly recommended! Somebody from dr. Ward office actually recommend him that's why I decided to go on a second consult. I can already tell the staff is friendlier over the phone. I cannot wait to meet him !

South Jeesey here! I live in Buena but my surgery is in Princeton with Dr. Brolin.

@@nikkiblueyes I'm in Vineland

Edited by purrfctangel

I did not get to read all the posts, but is anyone in northern nj? Or anyone who wants to communicate let me know!!!

@tssmith. I am in Essex county as well

Hi, I'm in Bergen County and I just received approval from insurance today...Yeah! My sleeve surgery is scheduled for September 16th at HUMC by Dr. Doug Ewing from Advanced Laparoscopic in Paramus. He sleeved two of my clients in the past year and they were very happy with the whole set up so I decided to finally take the plunge.

I'm still not nervous about the actual surgery but I'm stressing about the recovery time. I hate to be away from work for so long and I am hoping that 2 weeks will surfice.

I live alone in my own house but I have a ton of support from my friends and clients. Still, it's really nice to have a support group to turn to during moments of complete panic! It's good to have people who can tell you that it's just gas...not certain death!

I'm pretty excited and ready to get this started!

im in Bergen county, wanted to use that group but insurance issues :/

I did not get to read all the posts, but is anyone in northern nj? Or anyone who wants to communicate let me know!!!

I'm from northern jersey. Morris county

Hi all:-) So Plainfield NJ here. My surgery date is 6/16/14 had the band done back in 2003 lost 80lbs then it slipped and had to be removed in 2008. So now I'm going for the sleeve. VERY NERVOUS this time around!

good luck. I'm not far from so. Plainfield. I'm happy to meet up if you need anything. I'm in Middlesex..

I'm also in Middlesex county... Old Bridge, I'm 4 months post op from the sleeve n having issues dropping lbs, Dr's think my thyroid is sluggish so dropping numbers on the scale isn't going exactly the way we hoped! But I'm losing inches n that's something to be thankful for! I'm wishing all the pre op people good luck with their surgeries!!!

Edited by Garfield817

Thanks for your reply bino. Dr. Nusbaum comes highly recommended! Somebody from dr. Ward office actually recommend him that's why I decided to go on a second consult. I can already tell the staff is friendlier over the phone. I cannot wait to meet him !

How did your consult go? My weight loss is going slow, but I've been under a lot of stress with my mom being very sick and having to put her on hospice.