Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

Hey Mr. Njwhitetail,

It sounds like you are kicking butt with the weight loss. Good for you. :)

I don't know where Brown county is. I'm in Champain county. But Larry.......I wouldnt help you even if I knew. I love seeing the deer and thier familys looking for food. Sorry Larry I know you enjoy the sport of killing them, but I'm just to much of an animal lover. I went out in the pouring rain to save a butter fly; yesterday.

God bless you Larry and all of God's little sweet animals ,

Terry

Hi Babbs,

Congats on getting your lap band. How are you doing ? You wanted to know what you should know about surgery afterwards. Make sure you stay on your liquid and mushy diet like you are supposed to. I also remember being really tired for a week or so afterward.

I go to the same doctor for my fills. I know two other people here on this thread that had their surgery done by him or his partner,in his office.

There are three of us that meet once a month for lunch in Champain. We meet on the first Monday of every month. I hope you can join us next we meet.

Terry

Terry,

Crap! I put the wrong date down for lunch. The 3rd was Labor Day! I meant Tuesday the 4th. Hope you aren't mad and that you didn't show up. Would you like to meet today? How about the Panera at Old Farm Shops? Or would you rather do the one by the mall? Jennie?

Kelly

Hi to all Illinois bansters. My surgery is this Wed, 9/5/07. With Dr Rohrsheib at Carle. What can you remember about surgery that I should know?

Congratulations on your decision to have lapband! My surgery went really smoothly. The only thing I will say, is if you are at all sensitive to vicodin (get dizzy or nauseated from it) stick to tylenol or nothing for the pain. The only bad thing I can remember is them telling me is that I don't want to ever throw up, yet they give me vicodin which caused the spins and nausea. So, I went without pain meds and did just fine. The nurses were wonderful and everything was great. I had a nurse named Carol and she was as good as gold. I hope she cares for you as well. Good luck!:clap2:

Hey Kelly,

I thought something was wrong for you not to show up...after you reminded me. :)

Yes I'll meet you today at Panera's at Old Farm Shops, at noon.

Jennie is still on vacation.

Terry

Great! See you there! If anyone else would like to join us, please do!

Hi all

I will be in brown county on Nov. 16th 17th and 18th. at golden triangle outfitters on a amazing hunting trip . I am looking for a place to hunt on private land out their next year that is a lot cheaper than the 3,600 I am spending this year. If anyone has land or a family memeber with land that is looking for another hunter please respond.

I was banded on June 20th this year and I am down 51lbs so far and I am looking forward to hunting this year being more mobile. I am only 39 and the band was the best thing for my health.

If anyone can be of any help It would be great

thanks

Larry

While I might be opening a can of worms that needs to be left closed, I find your excitement for shooting animals repulsive and would appreciate not having to read about it when I am talking to my fellow lap band friends about their lap band experiences. What you do for recreation is your business, and I would rather you didn't make me share it with you. :speechles Sorry if this offends, but I have a feeling you have offended me much more with the machine gun banana.

Hi there, It's great to know other banders in Central IL. I was wondering, where is Dr. Syds office at Carle or in Champaign?

Where do you get your fills? What day is he there? Have you had fills by a Nurse or someone else? Urbana is closer than Clinton. I live in Charleston. Go Panthers!!!

I'd love to meet you for lunch sometime, maybe when I come up for a fill. Where do you work? I am a legal secretary for the States Attorney.

Hope to meet you all soon, Babbs

Hi Babbs,

I get my fills in Champain by Dr Rohrsheib. He does them in that Provena building behind Bed Bath and Beond. For your first fill though he may want you to go to his main office in Clinton; then after that you can go Champain. I'm saying this is what his office had me do. I live in St. Joseph.

I don't work Babbs, so anytime you are in Champain let me know , I would love to meet you. Just so you know....you may not feel like having lunch after your fills; and It's not good to eat anything just befor a fill.

Terry

Hi Kelly,

I really enjoyed lunch yesterday. :)

Here's a story that I forgot about.

One time my husband and brother inlaw and sister inlaw and I were on vacation in San Diego Ca. We stayed in a reg. so so room down right by the beach. Well.....to our surprise it was just covered in Water bugs. My husband and brother inlaw at that time both smoked. They desided to kill the water bugs by torching them. My husband got the hair spray and my brother inlaw got his lighter going to kill these bugs. Well.....about 10:30 pm they got the smoke detector going....in the hole building. Well at first we did'nt realize it was the hole building until we saw everyone running out side in their night clothes. We had to hurry up and run out to. Everyone started looking at us funny. What gave us away was all the laughing . I'm really surprised they did'nt kick us out.

This year....anything could happen. I plan on having a shaving cream fight and a water fight.

Terry

Hey crazycat! I had a great time yesterday too. I hope Babbs joins us next time around. That Water bug stint was great. I think I may have been a bit hard on njwhitetail, but I just call it like I see it. I'll bite my tongue next time! See ya later.

Hi Babbs,

Glad to hear that you are doing ok. I had a Hiatal Hernia fixed too, when I received my ban. Did you stay over night in the hospital? I had my surgery done in Mexico; thats why I'm asking.

Terry :wacko:

I live up by Peoria,Ill. and I am going to Dr. Rohrscheib from Clinton, that office to the best, those girls work very hard to get everything you need before sending to insurance, Mine went in today, I have BCBS of Ill, has anyone had any experience with them, Its nice to know there are some Illinois out there, lets help each other, Becky