Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters, What did you eat today???

Hi all,

had a really bad couple of days!

Yesterday was the worst. I was out to prove that my restriction is no good! Ate 1 ham and lettuce wrap, an egg and mayo wrap, 1 nectarine, 1 cornish pastie, 1 packet of watsits, 2 faggots, loads of mash potatoe with onion and carrot gravy!!!!

I ate it all and did not p'ub! My stomach wasn't half hurting though!!! Not used to have to handle quite so much food any more!

At least I can got to the surgeon in 2 weeks time armed with all this and get him to check the fill and give me a proper restriction!

Today, much better.

1 carrot for Breakfast

1 bowl of Cereal with milk

1 packet of low fat crisps

1 bowl of casserole vegetables with one sausage.

Not surprised your tummy hurt Brandy! :hungry:sounded good though!

Cornish pasties mmmmmmm! I just love them but can't eat the pastry!

Well this eating an apple pre meals is definitely working for me!

Yesterday

B: ryvita muesli with cottage cheese and sliced pear bit before and some on top (works as good as an apple!)

Lunch; apple, Vegetable omlette 1 whole egg one egg white

Dinner; 1/2 apple salmon fillet sweet potato green Beans and carrot.... well, that's what I put on my plate,

Pb'd everything, nothing would go down!

So later had some greek yoghurt with honey for supper!

Plan for today:

B; muesli ryvita with cottage cheese and melon slices

L; tuna salad

dinner thai red fish curry with rice!

making it with salmon and fresh prawns, so looking forward to that, it's quite saucy so should go down OK! I'll let you know how it pans out!

Ooooh! it's been my birthday weekend, and I've been partying!

Friday was quite good

ryvita and cottage cheese.

salad with salmon

then out to dinner

3 glasses of wine (very squiffy!)

1 goats cheese parcel (1/2 a starter)

Scallops with leek and cream sauce

and half of the pudding selections ( they were called a taste of Desserts, miniature versions of the whole sweet menu )

Including lemon mousse, chocolate mouse, poached peaches, creme brulee, and summer fruits crumble!!!!

Just a spoonful of each, but really too much than I needed!

Saturday wasn't much better!

Cadbury's fruit and nut for brekkie (100g bar through the morning!)

Lunch: chicken and cashew pilaf it was lovely!

Party as it was my brothers birthday too....

two savoury eggs, small piece of chocolate fudge cake with cream, 1 glass of red wine and later on jelly with cream!!!

Too much again! Toda will be better!

Breakfast: 2 ryvita muesli with cottage cheese and sliced pear!

lunch will be; roasted cod with mushy peas

dinner will probably be more left over chicken cashew nut pilaf!

Yeah same greetings from me too..... :

"H..a...p...p...y Bir...th...day... 22222222222...UUUUUUUUUU............... " I just took up keyboard lesson together with my 8yrs old daughter 3 weeks ago. If you are here, I could play the birthday tune to you.

Thanks for the dr Chris de bruyne info. I have also been given dr shaw somers. So will try and get an apt with him. Got in contact with my prev radiologist in London. Ive been advised to take some fill out cos Im too tight!!! Hmmmm I want to seek 2nd opinion. I was complaining of eating 2 much the other day, but not losing weight, so dont understand why they want to take some fill out of me??? Worst scenario, might fly to Manchester to see Dr Mignon from Belgium who operated on me. But been quite good eating lots of fish these days The bad part is, between yday evening and today, I had 3 big packets of prawn crackers!!!!

Oh! have heard of this before Saggi.... You don't lose weight because you're too tight and making 'easy' food choices.... things that go down easily but have lots of calories in them.... You know the sort of thing, mash potatoes, mince,lots of sauce with anything that's been cooked to a mush, and, dare I say it, chocolate!! I was told that if you feel that you are eating too much at a sitting to try eating something 'hard' like an apple before you tackle the meal (1/2 usually does it for me) If you can't manage apple then you are probably making the easy choices that just sail through our bands and easing it off a bit might help you...

Now for me

Well Sunday was OK until the evening...

2 ryvita with cottage cheese and sliced pear

chicken and cashew nut pilaf

baked cod with mushy peas

OK that looks like a good day....

Then huge portion of rhubarb crumble!!!

Hmmm,

definately worth a try - the apple before meal, and I know I've been eating too much mushy easy food too. Managed to spk to my radiologist today. She wants me to keep a food diary. She also think if I cant eat solid food ie meat etc, then I am too tight and shd have some fill taken out as the band will only work with solid food, cos the soft food go right through and I'll never be hungry. So true again. But I got one month to try to lose some weight before going back to her again, I really dont want to have to take any out, but on hindsight perhaps I should.

Today, BFast - muller light,

Morning Snk - banana

lunch - salad with tuna & Soup for lunch.

Afternoon snack - 3pcs ginger biscuit and weight watchers yogurt. dinner - Home cook chicken & veg soup and Bake salmon.

Evening snack - 1 pcs of choc cake.

Supper - 1 glass spritzer and 1 pck prawn crackers.

The Soup will definitely make things go down much more easily..... No fluids with meals and all that; (I'm not saying anything you don't already know really)

Me, well yesterday was good for me;

Brunch 2 muesli ryvita with cottage cheese and sliced apple

Late afternoon snack; 1 banana 1 rhubarb count on us M&S yoghurt

Dinner; 1 apple pan fried piri piri salmon with steamed new potatoes and carrots.

Today the I've had

3 muesli ryvita (I would have had two but it there were only 3 left in the pack!!) Cottage cheese and sliced strawberries!

Later I'm having chicken casserole with corn on the cob and sweetheart cabbage... oh, and an apple!

Hi, I am back.

Not been recording my food lately cause I did not want to face to the fact that I was eating junk! But I have to get back sometimes right? So today I will be good.

Breakfast: lettuce, Tomato and egg salad

lunch, lettuce, tomato and egg salad

tea: low fat burger with new potatoes

Will try to keep off the Mayonnaise (that's my addiction!) as I have had a big pot of hellman's just in the last week! Hidden fat, not good!

Am off to see the surgeon next week for a fill. I shall try and find out how much is in there as it feels completely empty to me even though he said that I was on 3.4 out of 4cc last time I went. Have zero restriction! Must sort it out once and for all and get back on the wagon!

Belated birthday wishes Anon, sorry I missed it. How bad was you on your birthday? haha!

Well it has made me really sit up and take notice after reading through this thread.

Following my last fill 3 weeks ago I am only able to get Soups and really sloppy food through my band at the moment. I have been really good and have been having slim fast shakes morning and lunch and then in the evening trying to have very small portion of shepherds pie with lots of gravy or veg in sauce but struggling to keep it down..... Then feeling very sorry for myself and also very hungry at this point I have cadbury chocolate Desserts or skip crisps!!

Its driving me mad as I should be loosing weight at a rapid weight but I am sabotaging my weight loss because my restriction is too tight. Perhaps it I could eat more crunchy food I would feel fuller and not be tempted by the food that can fit through the band but are the most unhealthiest!!!

I have an appointment with my dietician on Monday and I am also booked in for a fill!!! I may use this appointment to have a slight unfil.

It is such a fine balance!!

Well we've all either been really busy or too good to mention or, like me, been in complete denial! I've been in need of a fill, but never fear.... I've had one now!

So I'm now restricted and back on the wagon.... the truth is that you REALLY don't want to know what I've been eating over the past week!

But tomorrow I will begin recording in ernest once again.... Anyone care to join me in 'confession'????

Well been to France and he refilled me by 0.5cc. Lost 2.5 pounds since Monday so obviously seems to have work. I still don't feel a great restriction but my stomach hurts like hell if I eat slightly too much. So fingers crossed I start losing regularly again.

Today,

Breakfast a pint of skimmed milk

lunch