Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters, What did you eat today???

Glad to hear you have stopped with the exercise on your legs! You can still do quite a lot without relying on your legs. Have you got a gymball, I think it is one of the best things I have ever bought :(

I can completely relate to your last comment about missing exercise, I h ad a week away from it and I got quite fractious! Have you n oticed that when you do decent exercise you don't get as hungry?

Hugs

Sx

Tomorrow is chest, back, shoulders and arms at the gym at 6.45am sharp for a real good early morning blast!

I do have a gym ball at home, it's decorating the top of the wardrobe currently!

food for today June7th 07

B; cambridge shake

L; IDS New Whey Protein 42g shot

dinner Italian tuna balls from the Good food magazine, well almost I've improvised somewhat, as usual, I see recipes and a vague nod in the direction I need to go!!

Can you tell that I was bored with my meals and needed fresh inspiration

Well. I am soooo confused then! I have been so busy at work this week that I did not have time to eat. ie very small portions eaten all week. One typical day was a low fat yoghurt, a Cereal bar and a plum throughout the day and a small tea in the evening. Poss no more than 800 calories a day. Yet this morning the scales are screaming at me...or was that me screaming at them??? I have put on 2 pounds.

So you explain this to me. Anon loses weight on 1700 calories and I put it on on 800 calories????? I did exercise too. I went swimming 3 times this week. However I slept really badly and felt tired all week...so is this my body rebelling against the long hours???

I am soo lost. How can I put on 2 pounds being good? I wish I had been bad, at least I would have known why! Very demoralised right now!

Anon, LibertySuzanne is right, be careful with that ankle and give it time to heal properly. Might be an idea to cut out the amount of calories you would burn exercising and give your ankle a rest. Although I admire your determination and dedication to exercise. LOL

Awwww, BrandyChick, :girl_hug:sorry that the scales aren't moving in the right direction, maybe you could eat a bit more for a couple of days, to try and fool your body into speeding up your metabolism.... as you've been eating so little for a while it may be protesting a bit. The other alternative is to just ride out the plateau.... easy in theory,much more difficult in reality, but sooner or later you body will have to give up some of the fat to keep you going, it's just protesting at the moment and holding on to everything that you give it! In the end it's about keeping you mind strong, your body will have NO choice but to follow! :)

Well yesterday was OK food wise 7/6/07

I only have to add 40g of 72% cocoa chocolate :)

and small handful of almonds!

Todays Plan;

B; Cambridge pack

L; IDS New whey Protein 42g shot

D; poached salmon, baked sweet potato, posh mushy peas

I might have another Cambridge pack later as I feel I'm eating too many nuts lately!

Thanks for the support Anon. I kind of am doing what you said today.

I had strawberries and raspberries for Breakfast. Followed by a lovely weight watchers chocolate and orange slice and a few haribo sweets. Now am having Pasta for lunch and I may treat myself to chinese for tea.

Blast the scales and worry about them next friday! haha!

Good luck with your exercise regime.

Hmmmm.... it appears that my last post has disappeared into the ether!!

Saturday and sunday were busy with social engagements (which usually means more food, and these were no exception!) ;)

So 10/6/07

B: 1 Spicy sausage 1/2 rasher smoked back bacon 1 slice wholemeal bread

L; No time!

Dinner: chicken tikka Anarkali with keema pilau rice. (about 2 spns of each, sounds loads but not really!) mouthful of naan, 1 poppadom with raita (yoghurt dip) 1 large glass of wine!

Enjoyed myself enormously! ;)

Sunday 11/6/07 Family round for BBQ :hungry:

1/2 sirloin steak, pea mint and avocado salad, 1/2 sweet potato, some mozzarella, onion and Tomato salad! (only a spoonful of each of the salads!)

Later.... meringue nest, whipped cream and fresh raspberries and strawberries (2 of each) ;)

Later still.... 1 small piece of coconut slab cake!

Drinks through the day... 1 glass white wine, 1 malibu and pineapple juice

So back to being more disciplined now. Back at the gym today for legs and abs, ankle almost fully recovered, will attempt some low impact cardio tomorrow if all goes well

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster as I found myself eating weekend naughtly leftovers..... whipped cream, raspberries, coconut cake, savoury eggs, a bit of leftover curry, couple of spoons of coleslaw.... In the end I ended up pb'ing! Stupid stupid stupid!!!

today has been better;

coffee and biscotti in town with friend

Lunch; cambridge shake

Dinner; 100g barramundi, 1 corn on the cob .... had salad on the plate, but couldn't manage it!

Not too bad really!

Naughty saound so goooog sometimes...doesn't it! I feel like I have had one those too!

had a packet of chessy things, then my salad at lunch in a Mayonnaise dressing! then a packet of mini cheddars before rounding of the day with a jacket potatoe with far toomuch chilli!!

That is it for the day though!

Let's hope I fare better tomorrow. I blame these awful scales for getting my spirit down!! haha! Always have to blame something!

Right I have a plan today, but I think that it will be a struggle to stick with it I have that urge to eat ( Don't know how successful I'd be at trying to stuff it all in but the head has other ideas!)

B; Cambridge shake

L; Cambridge bar

Dinner; Thai chicken curry with rice

I'll post later and give you an update as to whether I've made it or not!

yesterday went all pearshaped!!

3 pieces of coconut cake..... and 400g of greek yoghurt with greek pine honey stirred into it... total calories were, wait for it,

2003!!!

I know that it's still less than I need, but it doesn't make it OK to do every day, I felt awful, and went to bed after the cake then woke up hungry and ate the yoghurt and honey! It's done now, no point in dwelling on it just learning. I cannot have this stuff in the house!

Today is redemption day;

B; cambridge shake

L; Cambridge bar

D; salad and Protein shot (42g)

and a frappuccino light from Starbucks whilst I was out!

total calories are 675, which is low, but it's only for and possibly to be repeated tomorrow, we'll see!

Hi ya Girls,

Sorry I haven't been on for the past week. Been an emotional roller coaster and my eating has suffered. I am now getting back on track.

I'm not going to weigh myself until Friday 22nd. Then if I have not lost weight, I shall book in for another fill. I am hoping I will have lost more weight, I know shape wise I am definitely reducing!

Brandy, don't stress about the pounds, I know you like to keep getting on those scales, there are times when it is best to step away from them. Weirdly I always tend to fall by the weighside if I stood on them everyday, it we more demoralising, than encouraging. I know it is different for others, but our bods are prone to fluctuation, it just not may show dress size, remember that.

Hugs to all

Suzanne

Hi LibertySue and Anon,

Long time no mail. Im surprised to see the site all jazzed up. Tried logging in the other day but forgot my password and after 3 attempts, it logged me out!!! Dopey system.

Anyway, just contacted my radiologist in London today. I had a b few bites of burger 2 sunday ago, and ending up pb over 7x. In the end, the last pb, acidic reflux came up. And since than, I could eat everything. So I dont know what's going on in my banding at the moment.

Im going up to London to see my radioloist in July (earliest she can fit me in). The lady taking the appt suggested that I should have some fill taken out!!?? They reckon Im too tight i.e. 6.8cc in a 7cc band. But I have not been losing weight at all and I just told her I've been able to eat everything the last 2 weeks, so I really dont understand why she said to have some out!!! I wanted an XRAY FILL so I can see the band is working but this radiologist doesnt do xray fill, and I dont know where in London or South I can have a xray fill done. So Im abit low and depress at moment. Any advise???

Take care all.

X ray fills.... may be contact Dr Chris De Bruyne.... (search on here there are some contact details somewhere) And ask his assistant.

I have my fill under x ray in Bristol if all else fails!

Yesterday was a really good day

B: omlette made with 1 egg and 1 egg white, peppers, spring onion, mushroom and garlic!

L; 2 ryvita muesli crunch with 100g cottage cheese and 75g sliced strawberries.

D; grilled tuna with mango and chilli salsa, corn on the cob and sugar snap peas

Supper; hot chocolate drink

Also drank about 1.5litres of Ribena extra light blueberry (OMG it's lovely!)

and had 1/2 an apple before lunch and dinner!

Felt satisfied with my lot!

Today;

B; coffee!

Lunch: chicken caesar salad... dressing on the side, no cheese no croutons! (needed the dressing to get the chicken down)

Dinner; Turkey chilli con carni with rice

will prob have a ryvita with cottage cheese at some point in the day and will eat an apple before dinner!

scales seem to have moved again this morning (1/2lb!)