Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters, What did you eat today???

Oh Lord I wish I could eat two eggs!!

For me last night was tough and today, just as bad!

Curry 1 tbspn rice and 3 pieces of chicken... oh managed the poppadom just fine! Sooo wanted to eat more, but didn't want to pb so restrained myself.

Today I've had another tough day...

Friends for brunch

1/4 slice toast, 1 dessert spn scrambled egg 1 slice black pudding (158 cals for slice!) Wanted to have bacon, tomatoes, sausages toast with butter and marmalade, but my restriction stopped me ( Well that's what it's supposed to do, but it didn't make me feel any better!)

lunch 2 slices canteloupe melon

dinner Mediterranean chicken about 4 pieces with loads of spicy sauce to ease it down! I feel really full, but cheated as I made some lovely piri piri rice to go with and managed about a tspn!

All I can say is the scales had better be kind to me next Saturday!!

I'm conscious that I've had hardly any fruit or veg, and I probably need to have a cambridge diet meal to ensure Vitamins and protein... will try and force one down before bed!

I did ask for a fill.....

Why can't I have a good restriction last this! I have zero willpower...I need restrictoon! I shall have a word with the powers that be!

Just think anon, with restrition like this you should definitely hit the 2 pounds a week mark! Lucky you! Let us know how you get on after you weight in!

Today I have been very good so far: 1 Cereal bar for breakfast, 1 low fat yoghurt and a small tuna wrap for lunch. Hope I can keep it up through the evening. That is sooo my worst time for grazing...particularly if my husband is out for the evening! Wish me luck!! LOL!

Hello everyone,

Im back again. Sorry Im always popping in and out. My son's been studying hard for his AS level so I have not been using the computer in the evening as I've been giving him sole proprieter to the usage of our home pc. Anyway, its great to see more and more people joining this site.

To answer yr question Suz, for Breakfast, I have Water with my thyroidxine tablets first thing every morning. Then, I'll drive to work, once I arrived at work, I shall hv my muller light yogurt, follow by a banana 1/2hour later. So that will be my bfast plus snack no.1 and my fibre. lunch time, I shall hv Soup, some salad with either chopped up chicken pcs, or sliced smoked salmon and snk no. 2, always a weight watcher choc mouse. Does seems a lot, but it does takes me over an hour and 1/2 to eat them, so whilst I continue working at my desk, I'll be munching away, which is not so good. However, my problem time is usually tea/dinner time esp when Im going out. But if I stay in, its always either Lasagne, Cottage Pie or Fish pie. It does gets boring. Thats why I jazz it up with snack no 3 Creme Bullea, which is a killer as its over 300cals but I cant seems to stop cos thats my one sin for the day.

Anon, when I go out for Indian, I always go for popodum starter, and for main, I have minced keema and rice (lovely and it goes down easily). Dont worry re yr restriction going off, and coming back. It happens alot to me too. THats why a few weeks ago, I thought I was having a slippage when I could eat tagettelli cos anytype of Pasta is a big No No where I am concerned. Last sunday I went to the garden centre and inst of orderin my usual lasagne, I though I'll give sunday roast beef a try. Even though I cut the beef to tiny pcs, and chew over 50 times, I ended up pb everything out each time I tried it on and shove a tiny pc into my mouth. At other times, I cud bloody eat a burger!!!! So it goes to show our banding are quite erractic!! But I believe you have not even have any fill yet. So might be worth spking to yr doc. I already have 5 fills.

Anyway, well done suz for being size 18. 2 more dress size drop and you'll catch up with me. We will hv to meet up and hv a celebration then.

BrandyChick, well done for having loose 67lbs but how in the world can you managed 2 boiled eggs in the morning?? I cant even have bread for breakfast, it'll be stuck. Do you know how much you're filled up to?? U must hv quite a good restriction to have lose that much weight.

Ok bandster, spk another time. Take care everyone.

2 eggs for breakfast is about as bad as I can get. And anyhow my breakfast is about 9.30am byt which time I have been up 4 hours and had a pint of Water and a cup of green tea. There is no way I could eat first thing when I get up. Couldn't before the op and still can't now. I don't feel that my restriction is great. It is one of the things that I want to discuss with my doc. I always feel that I am eating too much...but there again this could be me feeling guilty! I normally feel guilty if I eat anything at all. That's a throw back of being obese: cause everybody tells you that it's because you eat too much, you end up believing it! My problem is I like my food, the more fattening the better and dripping in sauce please! LOL

Writing down what I am eating on this thread helps cause I don't feel like I have to lie here. I normally always lie on what I have eaten. It;s programmed in me after years of binge eating in secret!!! LOL

I have to learn that I don't need to anymore!!

Is anyone else still wanting to eat until they explode when things get a little stressy..then you can't (well not as much as you used to anyway!) and then you feel even more stressed and frustrated as well as guilty for what you did manage???

Please answer with all your guilty secrets..that would make me feel so much better to know I am not alone!

:oWell, yesterday was a stressy day.... I found out that I'm redundant.... No prizes or where I found comfort:rolleyes: :) Yes! you've guessed the bottom of an ice cream tub! Cookies and cream to be precise... got home and No1 son had made Peanut Butter squares (a fantastic mixture of sweetened Peanut Butter pressed into a tray, covered with chocolate and sliced! Yum! ) so I had one piece of that too:o :grouphug:

So yesterday's food diary goes like this!

B; chocolate tetra (cambridge diet)

S; banana

L; the fish out of a fish pie... left the rest and 4 sugar snap peas

snack 1 tub of B&J ice cream.... I struggled with it, but it went down!

another snack peanut butter square... just one when I would have eaten at least 5 before!

Dinner: 1 chicken fajita

So all in all I've had maybe 2 portions of fruit and veg....... 35g of Protein maximum........ and soooo much fat!!

Total calories 2215!!! :hungry: :faint:

It's not too bad I suppose but the ice cream was over 1000 calories on it's own and the fat in it doesn't really bear thinking about! Previously, I would have eaten cheese sandwiches, piles of cakes, all of the peanut butter squares and at least 3 chicken fajitas, the calorie count would have run to at least 5000 calories, so damage limitation has occured!

We can't change the past but we can shape the future by our actions in the present.... so today will be a 'clean' day!

Funnily enough I don't feel like I want to do it again today!

Got up and went to the gym as normal this morning, so I'm just going to put this down to experience and get on with it

Hi Brandychick

Everyone feels the same! I still want to load my plate full and mentallly I still want to eat a lot even though I know I can't :) I went to an all you can eat buffet thing the other day and I was really good and only put a little bit of food on my plate by I was soooooooooo moody throughout the whole lunch because everyone was eating huge plates full of lovely food. My family don't understand me still being upset about it as they think its great that I can only eat a small amount which it is but I still miss eating all that food - strange but it must be just the comfort of it all.

The whole problem is that the op is on our stomach not our brain!!!

My head still really wants to eat loads and loads of food.... but I can't! Even my binges are not really worthy of the name anymore!

I sit and stare at others plates and I know that I really want to eat all of it.... I just know that it won't go down and stay down, and I' really had pb'ing! So I don't do it although it makes me miserable to watch other people eating piles of food!

That is exactly how I feel. Maybe we all need a lobotomy to take care of that problem! LOL

Anon so sorry to hear. As you say you owed to yourself, it's in the past and it isn't as bad as it would have been pre-banding! Glad to hear that you are bouncing back.

Well was very good yesterday, 1 small wrap, green lettuce with Pasta salad (small portion), then lettuce, Tomato, cucumber rice salad (small portion cause the rice don't digest too well) and 3 new potatoes.

All in al I was proud of myself. I have spoken to my mum and we will insist on a good restriction when I go next, no point relying on my willpower cause it never lasts long! LOL!

Anyway at the moment, willpower is intact, today, small wrap, rice salad (the remnants from last night,...bless my husband's planning!) and tonight a low fat burger with 3 new pots and lettuce.

If I can keep to this, this is the best week I have had in a long time. I really think that this is all due to the support I get here. I wish I had thought of joining a year ago. Thanks you for your support bandsters!

See!I said that posting is good for the soul!!!Yesterday...

B: Cambridge diet

snack 1/2 Protein shot

Lunch; cottage cheese with pineapple and one rye crispbread

Snack nuts and seeds (sml handful)

dinner pork chop new potato and green Beans... ate half the chop and pb'd it back.... deserted rest of dinner!

Today I missed brekkie,

Lunch; 200g cottage cheese with 50g fresh pineapple and 1/2 pear.

dinner will be salmon with a cranberry topping new potatoes and broccoli Well that's the plan, but we'll see!

Today I have it all planned: really good day munching on strawberries, apple and carrots (1 low fat yoghurt in case I get very hungry) and tonight my husband is taking me out for "fish and chips on the wall" in Burnham! A special treat for me as I have been soooo good all week.

anon, my soul is feeling very positive at the mo! LOL!

Glad to hear that your soul is in good shape, and I hope that you enjoyed those fish and chips 'on the wall'

Welll yesterday was difficult for me to get anything down foodwise...

B; 2/3 pear... stuck so left the rest

L; Cambridge diet shake.... thought I should try something nutritious!

S; Apple went down ok

D; wasn't hungry so had a cambridge bar

S; made 'posh' mushy peas for OH and had a couple of spoons of those, but really couldn't face the salmon of sweet potato!

Today has been funny....

B; two mouthfuls of vegetable omlette. Left it on the table went out to mess with the washing machine and the dog ate the rest!!!

L; 1 piece of toast with melted Gouda slice on top! Was yummy

As you may or may not know tonight is.... Yes, you've guessed it! Curry night!

Looking forward to it already!

Oh almost forgot.... weigh day was pants!! I only lost half a kg!!! Still it's off not on so I should be grateful!

If the dog keeps eating your food, I am sure you will have lost more next time! LOL!

I really enjoyed my chips and chips, bu the wall in Burnham was in a rather windy place so we ended up having it in the car then going for a walk along the pier afterwards. My car still reaks of fish and it makes me want to eat everytime I get in it!!!! LOL!

Today, I had a cooked breakfast in the new pub in Bridgwater, took 3/4 of an hour to get by which time I really did not want it anymore, so I only ate a bit of it. This afternoon we are out with our friends drinking (actually writing from the pub's office!HAHA!) then out for a meal tonight. I am planning on being good and having a jacket potatoe but after a few drinks I may end up with a curry like Anon!!!!! Sounds good to me! Youe fault Anon for putting it in my head!!! LOL!

Will report Monday on how good I actually was. Tomorrow we are having a bbq with our friends and I will try to be good cause everytime we have a bbq I always end grazing and having too much or rushing and getting stuck! We will see. Again I will report on Monday. Have a good bank holiday you guys and be as good as you can or else we will all pay next week by eating salad leaves every day!! LOL!

:D