Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 week Post op Appointment

I am curious? What did everyone's post op appointment consist of. Did you have blood work? Urine checked? Did they just look at your incision marks or did they check your stomach by applying pressure?

Surgery 1/27/14. My post opwas 10 days out. Surgeon looked at incisions, asked how I was, told me I could switch a couple meds from liquid to capsule, prescribed those and blod work. He did make sure that I have an appt with his PA on 3/4/14.

So they did do bloodwork for you. I was surprised they didn't do bloodwork for me. They wait until 3 months. It really is strange how different every doc is. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Meintraining

I have Kaiser. I'm able to email or leave a message for my doctors, are you able to do that?

I usually remember questions after I leave my appt. I email. Usually my surgeon's PA gets back with me, but once the surgeon did himself. At my 10 day I'd lost 15 lbs. now I'm 20 days and have lost 2 more. I look at it as 17 lbs in 20 days, none of my diets were this successful. I lost 96 lbs pre-op and was losing an avg of 3 lbs weekly (some 0, some 6). Depends on that time of the month for me too.

Per my surgeon, I'll be very swollen internally for weeks and need to focus on healing, liquids (64 ounces daily) and Protein (60 - 80 grams daily) for at least the first 6 weeks. So that's what I'm doing. I've already had a fainting episode and "over-did" activity, trying to walk to much, too many errands, and I've become over tired and pain increased. I'm reminding myself to take it easy, day by day and weigh once a week and not really count it but every 2. (In one day my weight can fluctuate 3-4 lbs).

No, I can't email the doc. I should probably call the dietician who wasn't there on the day I had an appointment. They give an example diet and your only supposed to eat that. It's so limited it's almost strange to me. My husband makes an awesome chicken Soup but there are veggies in there. I'm not supposed to eat veggies. I would love to ask the dietician about that. I think according to my paperwork I'm allowed to add chicken, tuna, and egg to my stage 4 diet. That's it. I don't really like eggs or tuna much. So that leaves chicken. Oh well I signed up for this.

They checked my incisions, removed my drain and did bloodwork. They only did the bloodwork to see if I needed to start taking Iron now. I guess it was ok because they haven't called me.

I also seen the nutritionist. She told me I can add her to Myfitnesspal and she can see how I'm doing. I worry so much that I'm doing something wrong. It's nice that she can keep an eye on me if I ask her to check it out lol. Maybe your nutritionist will also do the same thing.

I have my 4 week appointment on Monday to have my gtube removed. I'm not sure what else they will do. I'll also talk to the nutritionist.

Thank you RJ. So they did bloodwork for you too. Interesting. I may go to my primary doc and request bloodwork.

Thank you RJ. So they did bloodwork for you too. Interesting. I may go to my primary doc and request bloodwork.

When do you see your surgeon again?

When do you see your surgeon again?

Not for 4 weeks which would mean it will be 6 weeks before I see the dietician at 6 weeks post op.