Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your opinion counts....... but maybe not.

I looked up some of my earlier posts...You know before I had the surgery and did all the research and was never going to make a mistake kind of posts...i cringe when I read them....oops..

Now that I am 15 months out and am living in this new body and in the real world..I see things a bit different. Does not mean that i expect people to do things my way..Although it would be nice...tongue in cheek here okay!!!!!! LOL

Anyway the more you work at this the more you see how much work you have to do to change the person within...That is a boatload of work to do..And as much as I work on it I have days when I really fall flat on my face.

I have learned some valuable information from this forum. There have been times when I have said the wrong thing ...can't imagine it but it is possible..tongue in cheek again..lol

The point is when we start this and even in the beginning we are so excited and zealous that we over compensate by trying to say all the right things because we are trying to tell you the things we have learned and experienced ourselves...Right, we just want to help each other. Example sure!!!!! Great, nice, wonderful, true..

No! No one is perfect and will do this perfectly..But there is a lot of good stuff on here and people are just trying to encourage at times...Others no, but they are the ones that assume that we don't know that somewhere they have struggled or will.....

Me I think it is a journey, train wreck, trip, up and down, two steps backwards, one forward and everything in between.

Don't give up..Keep going day after day....Changing what is inside will change outside and maybe just maybe you can help someone else....That is a privilege to do that..I think that anyway!!!!!!!

Just like you can take offence at what I say the same can happen to you...Some...most try to help. Whether they have the skill to come off gentle and soothing or like a run away train...We are in it to win it...Take it with a ton of salt...No one really wants to hurt anyone...I know I don't....

The day I stop helping someone, anyone on here. It will be time to leave.......

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

We have had many, many threads like this..the net result was...zero. This is a public forum with thousands of members. Some don't speak well or write well but are most welcome. Some can't express themselves well but we don't audition folks before they are admitted. What we are concerned about are purposefully malicious people.

Please try and see the intention of people who post. Are they trying to help? Are they just misunderstanding? I read the posts. None of them seemed malicious. But that is my opinion. I have been on forums with real mean people. No guesswork...hate and direct slander coming hot and heavy. This isn't that kind of place. If it were it would be sans the gman. I am choosy who I hang out with.

We have people who have been verbally abused and are sensitive to what others say. Some even read insults into innocent conversation. They are welcome too as long as they don't turn vicious themselves. Abuse is not tolerated.

So, everyone be nice and be kind to one another. Don't make me stop this car! :angry:;):D

I've often been tempted to write a caveat attached to the start of my posts in order to prevent the somewhat inevitable..

You know, the type of caveat that might start like this:

N.B

1) This post is not applicable to people who are going to flay me for my opinion, which is solely my opinion and not the opinion of the site, its owners or affiliates.

2) This post is not for people who want to give me the third degree on the minutia of what they place in their mouths on a half hourly interval.... I am about as interested in this, as I am of freely electing to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Then I realised, the NB list would be about 3/4 of a screen long.. :blink:

Consequently and if I identify that the inevitable might happen (because some people don't read things the same way others do - in fact, some people don't read -using the opening of a new thread to basically say something predominantly off-topic which vaguely adheres in the first sentence to the original subject matter) - I add a little and often sarcastic, in-text caveat.

Does it work? Hell no!

But sometimes, just sometimes, it prevents things from occurring which make me want to bash my head repeatedly on the screen whilst shouting 'FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET JESUS'.

Yes, my name is Revs and I require anger management classes :blink:

I've often been tempted to write a caveat attached to the start of my posts in order to prevent the somewhat inevitable..

You know, the type of caveat that might start like this:

N.B

1) This post is not applicable to people who are going to flay me for my opinion, which is solely my opinion and not the opinion of the site, its owners or affiliates.

2) This post is not for people who want to give me the third degree on the minutia of what they place in their mouths on a half hourly interval.... I am about as interested in this, as I am of freely electing to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Then I realised, the NB list would be about 3/4 of a screen long.. :blink:

Consequently and if I identify that the inevitable might happen (because some people don't read things the same way others do - in fact, some people don't read -using the opening of a new thread to basically say something predominantly off-topic which vaguely adheres in the first sentence to the original subject matter) - I add a little and often sarcastic, in-text caveat.

Does it work? Hell no!

But sometimes, just sometimes, it prevents things from occurring which make me want to bash my head repeatedly on the screen whilst shouting 'FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET JESUS'.

Yes, my name is Revs and I require anger management classes :blink:

I really am over it now. I can pick my battles wisely and I would never be intentionally malicious.... unless its warranted. Up until now I do not believe I have been. There will be members whom I enjoy their reads and responses and others who's posts make me want to slit my wrists and set myself on fire. Nonetheless... if they are allowed to voice their opinion so should I. I will put my claws away now. Rarrrrrrr.

We have had many, many threads like this..the net result was...zero. This is a public forum with thousands of members. Some don't speak well or write well but are most welcome. Some can't express themselves well but we don't audition folks before they are admitted. What we are concerned about are purposefully malicious people.

Please try and see the intention of people who post. Are they trying to help? Are they just misunderstanding? I read the posts. None of them seemed malicious. But that is my opinion. I have been on forums with real mean people. No guesswork...hate and direct slander coming hot and heavy. This isn't that kind of place. If it were it would be sans the gman. I am choosy who I hang out with.

We have people who have been verbally abused and are sensitive to what others say. Some even read insults into innocent conversation. They are welcome too as long as they don't turn vicious themselves. Abuse is not tolerated.

So, everyone be nice and be kind to one another. Don't make me stop this car! :angry:;):D

No they were not malicious.. they were misinterpreted. I just want to move on now. We have wasted far too long on this thread. Thanks for the feedback. I totally get where you are coming from and I concur. The part that sent me over the edge is the comment that read "you need coaching'..... Totally uncalled for.

I would never be intentionally malicious.

You haven't been.

You're a good one, Belladonna723.

I'd like to hear the story about that forum name. :)

Edited by gmanbat

You haven't been.

You're a good one, Beladonna723.

Means pretty woman in Italian and it is also a drug used for GI spasms>>>LOL

You haven't been.

You're a good one, Beladonna723.

Means pretty woman in Italian and it is also a drug used for GI spasms>>>LOL

From Wikipedia about belladonna: The foliage and berries are extremely toxic, containing tropane alkaloids. These toxins include scopolamine and hyoscyamine, which cause a bizarre delirium and hallucinations,

That fits in with pretty woman...speaking for myself the delirium part anyway. :huh::D

Edited by gmanbat

she's gonna be deadly watch out!! ;)

Gman said it all better then I did!!!!!!!! Oh damn :wacko:

He is an eloquent writer and so is the Madam. Maybe they can help me with my grad papers this coming fall :)

He is an eloquent writer and so is the Madam. Maybe they can help me with my grad papers this coming fall :)

Pish posh!!!!!!!!!! That's all I have to say about it!