Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

family event strange happenings!

so this past sunday (02/02/14) I had a family event my nieces baby shower wasn;t worried about going at all the strangest thing happened I didn;t think about!

so I come from a big family I have 8 siblings myself most of them have kids and I have a lot of aunts and uncles and cousins etc so massive family a lot of them do not live in London so I don't see them much.

anyway what I didn;t think about at all was how many family members were coming to the baby shower who haven't seen me at all in 4 years or more!

as I am used to the ones I see all the time seeing me this didn;t enter my head that my own family wouldn;t even recognise me and walk right by me!

yep this happened about 10 times lol

either walking by me or saying hello to my sister sitting next to me when I say hi I got that polite hi reply you give someone you don't know then them walking off.

it was only when they were told it was me or I went over to speak to them and they realised who I was followed by complete shock some screeching and a lot of oh my god oh my god!

so this threw me completely I sat wondering hmmm do I really look THAT different? really? even smaller I still look like my other siblings.

I also realized I wet from being the biggest person in the room always at every event to one of the smallest THAT was a total trip as I have some really tiny ladies in my family so to be part of the skinnest 5 out of 45 people is a holy s**t moment!

it is really funny but also a mind F at the same time.

has this happened to anyone else?

I also realized I hadn;t actually told some people I had the op I was racking my brain thinking who have I told realized I said I was looking into it with my older siblings but never got round to telling them seeing them or showing them a picture the oldest 2 didn't come down so my sis in law took a pic to show them lol

Sassy pants..u look sassy. Congrats on your weight loss. U look awesome. I am only 8 weeks out and people r noticing my weight loss. I am almost at midpoint of my weight loss goal.

Good for you. I had that from a few co-workers I hadn't seen in a while. i thought, well, how rude that they;re not speaking to me. Turned out they didn't realize it was me!

Great feeling!!!

LOVE this!! So awesome!

And congrats on that great weight loss!!!! :)

Great story! Thanks for sharing! :)

thank you all I am over the omg mind F from it all and I am thinking hmmm the next family event will be interesting if I am even smaller lol

That is really funny!! I've had people do a double take, but never had someone just not recognize me at all!! Congrats on the loss!! :)

Congratulations on shrinking and amazing body transformation. Nothing feels better then feeling great at a family get together!

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing such a great success story, that is amazing.

Congrats SASSYPANTS I can't wait for this to happen in the summer with my family.