Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Talk to me about Fitbit Flex!

K, so I just got my fitbit flex....tell me all about how you guys use it.

Can it. Be worn in the shower and in the pool for an hour?

Thanks for any info and tips!

I have the force. I debated between the flex and force for a while as they are quite similar. I know they are Water proof and can be worn in the shower but I'm not sure about submerging it in a pool. Plus with all the chlorine and this band, I'm not sure if that would degrade the life of the band even if you can submerge it.

I have mine synced with my fitness pal so everything ends up in one place.

Oh for the record, I don't wear mine in the shower. There have been reports of some users who were getting a lot rashes on their skin and from what I googled it was due to the increased moisture / not drying the skin off fully when done or something like that. Not sure if it's true (cause and effect) but I haven't had any problems.

I have a flex. I purchased it 3 months ago, pre op, to help with monitoring activity. I wear it all the time, including the shower. I have no problems with skin rashes. I like it for the awareness it provides me about activity. I have it paired with "My Fitness Pal" and I also received the "Aria" scale as a gift so that is also tied into my dashboard It is a simple way to monitor my activity and motivate me to do more. I notice when I have been sitting all day, and if I am close to goals I have established. It will compensate for activity on My Fitness Pal but I have not eaten more because of the fitbit adjustment. I look at that as a bonus.

A couple more questions...I have mine synced to myfitnesspal and now its adding the .4 for loss when I didnt add that. I usually track in whole pounds, ignoring the .whatever part.

Any way to change that?

It says to track sleep to rapidly tap the flex. Does everyone here track their sleep with it too?

The .whatever issue - not sure what's happening there. I do track my weight to the tenth so it's showing up that way for me and I like that.

sleep - I've tried it a few times in conjunction with a phone app. I like the details in the phone app much better. I've stopped using it for the sleep function.

You can swim with the flex but not the force. Let it dry out after getting it really wet or it can get a bit funky. Wear it a notch looser than you think so air can circulate.

And yes for sleep, tap it about 7 times in a row and the dots will change pattern. It is now in sleep mode. Do the same to turn it back to normal mode. I use the silent alarm to wake up in the morning and you have to tap it 5 times quickly to turn off the alarm. You can clap instead of tapping it too.

Misty, do you think the flex would be ok in an hour long Water jogging session, I'm under Water for the whole time so it would be under the whole time.

Do I tap in the center or more towards the one end where the plastic thing is?

Thanks for the help you guys!

Misty, do you think the flex would be ok in an hour long Water jogging session, I'm under Water for the whole time so it would be under the whole time. Do I tap in the center or more towards the one end where the plastic thing is? Thanks for the help you guys!

Yes it would be fine. You can look up the maximum depth in the booklet but it is fine for underwater swimming.

Tap the same way you do the double tap to see your status.

Yes it would be fine. You can look up the maximum depth in the booklet but it is fine for underwater swimming.

Tap the same way you do the double tap to see your status.

Ahhh...thats what that means! Thank you for the tutorials, much appreciated.

I also have a fitbit flex. If you forget to tap it for sleep you can go and manually enter your sleep time (with the time in & out of bed). I have taken a shower with mine, but to he honest I'm not sure how many steps you are doing during that amount of time, so I use that time to charge it.

I really like mine. I used to check it constantly, but now I can just check it one or two times a day - it's a fun way to keep track :)

I received the fitbit for my b-day from my kiddos. I am pre-op and wanted this so bad to track my meals more than anything. I have the alarms set for every 3 hours and it is great to remind me to eat!! Not having to always watch the clock...

Wow, I'm so glad to have found this thread. I'd never heard of this before - does it track everything, including food or just calories burned?

I actually use My Fitness Pal to track meals and food intake. I have found it to have a broader range of foods, etc. It does sync with FitBit devices very nicely. Easy to do.