Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Music!

You guys will get a kick out of this. This weekend I drove my Mom to her best friend's birthday party in another state. Mom is 90. I was getting tired on the drive up, so I put my ipod shuffle on...It's all my upbeat workout music. Mom wanted to hear what it sounded like, so she put it on and was surprised that I had a lap band song on there. What? A lap band song? Mom doesn't hear well. So she started singing it in that overly loud off key way that we all sing when we have headphones on.... it was Donna Summers...."Lap band. Lap band for loooove. Yes it's my lap band lap band toniiiiight....."

lmao!!! arent mom's fun?

I love changing the words around to songs. theres a line in "2 out of 3 aint bad" by meatloaf that screams "ill never be faithful!!" and when i sing it, my husband thinks its very funny.

What about a list of our top ten workout favorites for the time being?

knowing we all have different music tastes..might be fun! ten keeps it from being a long list. we can post more later eh?

ill start:

1. "All these things that Ive done" by the Killers: i love this band, and i love this song, and i can kick some arse on the machines as well as really test that treadmill with it on my ipod. Sometimes i catch myself singing out loud "ive got soul but im not a soldier!" to my treadmill neighbor.

2. "i saw the light" by todd rundgren. upbeat, reminds me of walking in crested butte as a teenager.Great for a time warp thing when i wish the timer read 15 minutes passed instead of 7 minutes.

3. "why do i keep counting" by the killers. theres a line in there "help me get down, i can make it help me get down" that really sings to that desperate 'pull me the heck out of this mess and ill keep it good this time' part of me. Great for the hard part of the bike ride.

4. "never coming home" by sting. great beat..sings to that part of me that gets ticked off when i think my wieght keeps me from intimacy. great song.

5. "Golden" by Jill Scott. Yes my sister we are living this life like its golden, and today is twice as good as yesterday was. Fantastic for a cooling off period between the treadmill and the bike.

6. "i love the nightlife" by ? disco song...its fun to sing along with. I got to boogy. I want to give it i wanna get some too...lol (its what it says)

7. "The Apartment Song" by Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty. Really upbeat and fun to sing along to in your head. Good for the rough part of the workout, keeps ya going.

8. "run like hell", by of course, pink floyd. well..sometimes you gotta run like hell. I cant run, but i can peddle like my arse was on fire.

9. "CANDY"S ROOM" by the boss, Bruce Springsteen. Good for motivation when i have trouble getting my led out. "she says, baby if you wanna be wild, you got a lot to learn. close your eyes let them fire, let them melt, let them burn!" woo yeah!

10. speakin o led..."Fool in the rain" by led zepplin rocks and great for that final stretch when you really push, knowing that a shower awaits! :)

Theres my current ten workout songs. Im sure they will change later. post your top ten workout songs and why you like them!

This has seriously been my workout cd for probably almost 4 years. I absolutly love it and cannot bring myself to make another one! It is 55 minutes long which is perfect for my 3 mile walk.

Worst Day Ever- Simple Plan

With you- Simple PLan

I'm just a Kid- Simple Plan

I'd do anything- Simple Plan

1985- Bowling for Soup

Inside Out- Eve Six

Overrated- Alistar

Girls and Boys- Good Charlotte

Anthem- Good Charlotte

Dressed to KIll- New Found Glory

First Kiss- New Found Glory

Hit or Miss- New Found Glory

Dammit- Blink 182

Right Now-SR71

Still Waiting- Sum41

In too Deep- Sum 41

One Slowdance- Rufio

6. "i love the nightlife" by ? disco song...its fun to sing along with. I got to boogy. I want to give it i wanna get some too...lol (its what it says)

It's by the one-hit-wonder Alicia Bridges:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul0Ck5P8rKY]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Timetraveler, thank you SO MUCH for that link. Ive never seen that video before!!!! i had NO idea she was WHITE!!! and that she was so STRANGE!!!

i LOVE the way she says, "Ack-shion!"

hahahahahahahhahahaha....oh my gosh. i had no idea.

hey...another song for lap banders...

brother started this one...remember "the rubber band man"?

;) (circa 1970's)

hey...another song for lap banders...

brother started this one...remember "the rubber band man"?

;) (circa 1970's)

Yep -- a classic by The Spinners, most recently featured in those OfficeMax commercials featuring actor Eddie Steeples ("Crab Man" on NBC's My Name is Earl)...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc_O5CdS9cI]YouTube - Office Max - Rubberband Man[/ame]

I just today have added a playlist to my ipod for my post-band workouts!

LapPlaylist:

Would-Alice in Chains

Remedy-Black Crowes

You Oughta Know-Alanis Morrisette

Tangled Up In Blue-Bob Dylan

Rearview Mirror-Pearl Jam

Heartshine-Mother Love Bone

Lift-Brad

Olympia-Hole

Stoned Me-Van Morrison

Saint In The City-Bruuuce

Senorita-Justin Timberlake

Fool-Shakira

Chariot-Gavin DeGraw

cool cooldown

Almost Cut My hair -CSN&Y

Descender-Black Crowes

Buttercup-Brad

Stardog Champion-Mother Love Bone ("uh, oh yesssssss" a PERFECT workout ender)

Jill in NY

Former Lollapalooza, Grunge, Eddie Vedder Loving Bachelorette

Current Mom, International Sales/Freight Forwarder, Loving wife (still a closet rocker!)

Surgery 4/11!

Syosset N.Y.- Dr. David Mayer

245/???/175

Jill!

jill, jill, jill....

seriously i thought i was the only person on the planet who loved that song. To me its a perfect "im pissed off and leaving town" song...pearl jam's 'rear view mirror'.

woo!

nice selection!!!

Lizr! Fast friends.....;)

That song makes me POWERFUL, I remember screaming it at the top of my lungs in my convertible...lol.

Love your sig pic. It reminds me of Martha's Vineyard (our late-summer vacation spot)

Jill in NY

surgery 4/11/07

Dr. David Mayer, Huntington NY

thanks! that was taken one week after my surgery while i was bicycling on the seawall in galveston. I had my surgery in Houston but i live in northern Maine. Congrats on your upcoming surgery! You must be excited!!!

Oh, man. I love me some Mother Love Bone!

Crown of Thorns is one of my all-time favorite songs. And I love the movie "Singles" because of the music.

Oh, and Eddie Vedder is gonna be my next husband! YUM.

I love grunge, always will. I'm into Foo Fighters right now but may have to have a Seattle day tomorrow. :rockon:

I just today have added a playlist to my ipod for my post-band workouts!

LapPlaylist:

Would-Alice in Chains

Remedy-Black Crowes

You Oughta Know-Alanis Morrisette

Tangled Up In Blue-Bob Dylan

Rearview Mirror-Pearl Jam

Heartshine-Mother Love Bone

Lift-Brad

Olympia-Hole

Stoned Me-Van Morrison

Saint In The City-Bruuuce

Senorita-Justin Timberlake

Fool-Shakira

Chariot-Gavin DeGraw

cool cooldown

Almost Cut My hair -CSN&Y

Descender-Black Crowes

Buttercup-Brad

Stardog Champion-Mother Love Bone ("uh, oh yesssssss" a PERFECT workout ender)

Jill in NY

Former Lollapalooza, Grunge, Eddie Vedder Loving Bachelorette

Current Mom, International Sales/Freight Forwarder, Loving wife (still a closet rocker!)

Surgery 4/11!

Syosset N.Y.- Dr. David Mayer

245/???/175

Oh, man. I love me some Mother Love Bone!

Crown of Thorns is one of my all-time favorite songs. And I love the movie "Singles" because of the music.

Oh, and Eddie Vedder is gonna be my next husband! YUM.

I love grunge, always will. I'm into Foo Fighters right now but may have to have a Seattle day tomorrow. :rockon:

I Have found My People here at LBT! LOL.

I will have to KILL you before I allow you to steal my fantasy husband away. Although it seems he would be one PIA to live with....maybe just a fling and break his heart (=more post-breakup pain songs)??

I'll have to sleep on this one (and perhaps throw a "nice dream" in for good measure)?

singles still holds up for me at every listen, watch. Cameron Crowe got it down. Almost Famous was another beauty even the supergroup used for the music was amazing.

Then there was Elizabethtown...2 outta 3, I guess.

Lizr---BEYOND excited for my surgery. I just can't believe it all came together. This is quite a time in my life. Not an organized religion fan, I have found myself "thanking" someone, (thing)??? for the positive turns happening in my world. Hoping I just hit my stride.

Jill in NY

When Flannel Ruled the World

Lap 4/11/07

I'm a girl of the 80's and no workout is complete without Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits.

Prince, Indigo Girls, Natalie Merchant, ABBA-Greatest Hits.

Garth Brooks-Live! Alanis, Nora Jones.

As you can tell I like a wide variety of music.

Whatever gets the blood pumping and I can sing at the top of my lungs. (The kids hate that when i'm on the treadmill..."momma, stop singing so bad!")

ahahaha mary i do that too...its when i break into "its got to be real" at the gym and all those sticks with hair turn and look at me indignantly that i know ive gone too far. :)

DISCO ROCKS AT THE GYM. I know...before everyone goes "boo hiss" you should try it! especially ones you know you already kinda like. you know the ones, "lets groove tonight, and share the spice of life, soemthing or other , we gonna groove tonight" on a treadmill, thirty minutes fly and you are grateful you didnt fall, and dont even know it passed...plus you feel great. :)

hip hop too works especially well...."man its good 2B a gangster" makes me smile. Im so white im green but thats what i like about it. for twenty minutes i can dance along with missy elliot "slide" and whatnot and pretend wed be great friends if she only knew me.

:)