Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

She likes me fat - I make her feel better about herself

My boyfriend flat out said "you're gonna lose weight and leave me for a skinny guy". Umm... He said it jokingly but it was what he was thinking. I'm like, get some self esteem babe!

My husband said the same thing, I told him if I wanted to leave I would've done it a long time ago and not wait till I was skinny to do it. He was shocked, but he snapped out of it lol

My friends stint know about the surgery but keep commenting that I shouldn't lose another pound and that my head looks too big for my body. Makes me feel like crap but I get so many compliments that I realize they are just frustrated with their own weight. Laugh it off and keep living.

post-179912-0-43928200-1390608513_thumb.jpg

Lost 65 lbs since surgery July 23rd. I feel amazing! Still want to lose 20 more pounds and have surgery on a couple spots.

My friends stint know about the surgery but keep commenting that I shouldn't lose another pound and that my head looks too big for my body. Makes me feel like crap but I get so many compliments that I realize they are just frustrated with their own weight. Laugh it off and keep living. Lost 65 lbs since surgery July 23rd. I feel amazing! Still want to lose 20 more pounds and have surgery on a couple spots.

You look great!!!!

My friends stint know about the surgery but keep commenting that I shouldn't lose another pound and that my head looks too big for my body. Makes me feel like crap but I get so many compliments that I realize they are just frustrated with their own weight. Laugh it off and keep living. Lost 65 lbs since surgery July 23rd. I feel amazing! Still want to lose 20 more pounds and have surgery on a couple spots.

I agree....you look great!!

Girl you look fantastic! shake them haters off! My bf calls me a bobble head. And Puerto Rican Victoria Beckham. He's cute about it though. But everyone else tells me to stop losing. I don't care I'm 15 pounds from goal!

Man, I feel so lucky with the support I've gotten from friends and family. With my friends I see all the time, my surgery and weight loss is a non-topic. Every once in awhile I get a "how are you doing?" Or "you look great", but otherwise we all just are "normal". My parents always ask how everything is going when we talk on the phone, but then we move on to other topics. My sister (who I only see about once/year is wanting me to send monthly progress pics "or we won't even recognize you next time!" As for my "fat friend" who is struggling with her band, she has been supportive in her own sarcastic way and is treating this as a healthy challenge to lose some weight, too.

I've really liked how my surgery has been down-played by everyone that knows. I don't like being a topic of conversation. I guess I will run into more uncomfortable situations once I lose more weight and start running into people who haven't seen me for a long time. Not sure what questions may come up or how I will answer.

Funny this is the first post I see this morning because just last night I was telling my best friend last night that I am scared she wont love me anymore after im a skinny non foodie, non drinker. She said, "OMFG are you KIDDING ME?! Did that really just come out of your mouth?" She goes, "Steph I love you!! All of you, big, little, skinny, fat, poor, rich, drunk, sober, whatever! We sill have tons of fun together when were sober so chill out mama, im here forever!!"

I love her!

I am having this conversation with my best friend tomorrow. At lunch. At our fave restaurant. Ha! Back when I was banded she did okay. There were times she would make a snide comment here or there. But we are still besties. And I have a feeling I will get a similar response!

My husband has been super supportive this entire journey(including lifting me up so i could use the bed pan rightnafter surgery) but he let it slip yesterday that he "missed how we used to eat out and eat so much at Chevy's". I was like "honey we can still eat there" and he was like "yeah but sll you can have is like half a flauta and maybe a couple bites of quesadillas." <br><br> He apologized later andnsaid he was proud of me and he didn't mesn to make me feel bad, but I still think a little part of him misses when I was pre-opt because we were eating buddies. We'd do Chipotle, then share a carton of chunky monkey. When i start to miss those days, i remind myself how much I've gained(like lower blood pressure, control over myself, more money, better mobility, etc)

My hubby has said the same in the past. He missed me eating with him. I never realized how much we planned stuff around food and just bc I was over living that way didn't mean he was. So now I order something when we go out. Even if I only eat a bite it makes him happy. I think he worries I am deprived lol.

It has helped though that we go to the gym together religiously. He's gotten in better shape right along with me so it helps with the insecurity issues. :)

I've been friends with the girl who married my high school sweetheart for over 13years and it's been nothing but a competition since then. Today after 6 months and 107lbs down and not hearing a single positive word from her in those 6 months I deleted her from my Facebook and blocked her from being able to call or text me. I've supported her threw thick and thin even when I shouldn't have and I find out this past week that she's been talking bad about me behind my back... Time to cut my losses and move on. I have found out that some of my not so close friends are the best support team I could ask for and have turned into the best/closest friends I've ever had!

This is something I worry about constantly. I know how to be the fat friend ( the one everyone ignores) but the one people want to talk to... I don't know how to do that...

This is something I worry about constantly. I know how to be the fat friend ( the one everyone ignores) but the one people want to talk to... I don't know how to do that...

Well you'll find the new you and figure it out. You just have to stay upbeat and positive. Instead of being the fat friend, you're gonna be the friend. And if others in your circle are shitty about it, then they aren't true to your friendship. Period. You shouldn't have to earn your place in a friendship that already exists. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. Get to know what the new you wants out of friendship and go from there.

April