Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months out and frustrated

Are you still on PPI's or antacids? I am only a month out and am on 40mg Omeprazole daily, but have started feeling hungry during the day. I've read so many posts about acid acting like hunger pains, so I tried taking Maalox when I felt hungry and the hunger pains went away immediately. Don't know if the same rules apply when you are so far out.

I feel like I can not lose and I eat light most days. I mainly eat salad with grilled chicken for lunch everyday. What do your daily menus look like? I need help I'm getting married on August 30. I am currently in a size 18 from a 26 but I want to be a 14 at most the day of the wedding! HELP HELP!

Haveh

I understand what u mean. I'm two months out but always hungry too. I make sure I track everything in my fitness pal. I also eat about six times a day but I make them very small meals and mostly Protein. For instance I may have a sugar free Cappuccino for 60 calories when I get to work. Then an hour later I'll have a activia yogurt for another 60 calories. Or one day I will have a Quest bar for under two hundred. Then it's lunch time so I try to keep that under two hundred as well. Then maybe a snack like a cheese stick. Then whatever for supper which is mainly protein and then a small snack. I average about 800 calories a day. My loss is still a little slow. But I eat often because of the hunger. Next time u feel hungry eat just maybe half of whatever it is. U will probably notice that was enough to take the hunger away. When it hits again a couple hours later eat the other half. It doesn't take much at all to not be hungry. I don't think your window is closing. Track what u are eating most importantly cause that helps sooooo much!! I hope that helps. It should really help get the calories down so u can start losing again. Good luck ! We are all struggling at one time or another in this journey.

I feel your pain. I have lost only ~5 pounds in the past four months. I am exercising like crazy and getting into pretty good shape/fitness. I would be crazy discouraged by now if I had not been keeping track of my measurements. I continue to lose inches even when my weight seems stuck. I hope you are tracking inches as well as pounds. There may be good (if still frustrating) news in what otherwise feels like a l-o-n-g stall.

If hunger is still a big problem for you be sure it is not your under treated allergies. I could not understand my post surgical hunger until I realized I was not treating my post nasal drip and it was creating the same "hunger pangs" I had had for years before. An antihistamine later and my hunger was back under control.

I would never recommend violating your doctors orders but I have safely taken ibuprofen from time to time since my surgery. My intensive exercising has left me in pain which only goes away with a dose or two of ibuprofen. So far it has not been a problem for me. And, by the way, I have to take a daily aspirin, in addition, due to cardiac issues. I have not tummy trouble with it either.

Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches