Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi All,

Not sure how many of you are or would be interested but was going to try to pull together a meet up session for a Saturday or Sunday in July if that worked for people. I know some of us will be around on the 16th for a fill with Frederik but was thinking the weekend might suit those better that have work or other commitments?

If any or all of you are interested can you let me know what day suits - Saturday or Sunday and whether the second last or last weekend in July would work for you?

Based on numbers/interest I'll let everyone know what the plan is.

Hope every one is doing well with whatever goals they have set themselves

Siepie

Siepie: I would be interested in a support group but like the others say it may be difficult to get everyone together. I’m def up for a meet up on July 16th. Let me know what time suits. How is your friend doing after her op?

Also, what is the name of those soluble Vitamins from boots, are they boots own brand or something else?

Ailbhe: I’m sorry to hear what he did. All I can say is that I also think you are doing the right thing. You cant waste more time and effort on him, the trust is gone. Concentrate on yourself (and the little one) for a while and even though it mightn’t feel like it now it will get easier and things will look up for you.

Roe: Are you going to go get a fill with Frederik? It would kill me having paid all that money to ACS for aftercare and then having to pay someone else to fill it but at the same time the band is useless unless its working for you. Investing a bit more money might help you get on track and be wise in the long run. I cant believe he is willing to fly back to unfill, that would put your mind at rest. Get a receipt from Frederik and chance your arm sending it to ACS/Hospital Group for reimbursement.

Gilly: How did it go in Loughlinstown? I had a look at the link you posted. My God, that needle is HUGE!!! I’ve had three fills and I don’t remember the needle being that scary.

Damienne: Hope your doing good. Did you book your fill with Frederik?

Alesha: Nice to hear from you. I’m sure there will be a few of us meeting up on fill day on 16th July. Will you be around? If not, I’m always up for meetings, just let me know we can try to organise a meeting in Sandyford again. Can’t wait to see the photos.

Anyone else up for a meeting on the 16th July in town?

Hi All,

Not sure how many of you are or would be interested but was going to try to pull together a meet up session for a Saturday or Sunday in July if that worked for people. I know some of us will be around on the 16th for a fill with Frederik but was thinking the weekend might suit those better that have work or other commitments?

If any or all of you are interested can you let me know what day suits - Saturday or Sunday and whether the second last or last weekend in July would work for you?

Based on numbers/interest I'll let everyone know what the plan is.

Hope every one is doing well with whatever goals they have set themselves

Siepie

Hay Siepie!

I am interested but I work a lot of weekends and I dont have my work dates for July yet. I will let you know. If there is much interest let me know dates asap and I'll try to work around it.

hi roe , could you pm me the number of dr fredrick, im fed up waiting for acs to get sorted, i know this is not the awnser but ive been at a standstill since march now and hoping if i invest in getting a fill i will see a movement soon again...... thanks

hi siepie, i too would be intrested in a meeting , let us know what the arrangements are and if im not working i would love to catch up with you all.........

Hey all. Well, things are getting better. It's still very up and down but I took a huge step today and found a new place to live. That was very hard as I thought when we bought our home it was forever. But it kills me to live in the same house as himself. He's off work today so came home last night to shower and change and go and meet her for the night and he's with her now. At least it won't be so "in my face" when I move. I'll still have to see him for the kiddos sake but the distance will be good for me.

The weight is still falling off but the fact that I still can't eat may have something to do with that.

I'm sleeping again which is good as I'm functioning. Moving out has also given me a purpose for the week. A distraction if you know what i mean.

Anyway, enough whining. I just realsied today that I have gone from saying "I need to lose about 6 stone" to saying " I need to lose 2 stone 9 pounds". I'm thrilled with being able to say that. It seems so acheivable now!!

Elsie, how are you getting on? How's the Hair loss? I won't be up for a fill in July. I probably need one technically but I don't know as I have no appetite.

Plus I am pretty much flat broke now between rent, creche and loan repayments for the band, I am screwed for money and will be on a shoestring budget. I won't be able to afford fills without a few months saving beforehand. Hopefully I don't need many more!

Hope everyone else is doing well too.

Hi all,

Ailbhe, well done on finding somewhere else to live. You are doing the right thing. Can't believe he is flaunting his new relationship as you said distance will help you heal.

Roe, Twinkle-toes, Coco and all others waiting for a fill in Dublin. I just phoned the Hospital Group and spoke to Leanne, told her Belfast is out of the question and asked if they would cover the cost of me getting a fill with Dr De Bruyne.... Leanne going to email the manager who is in UK at the moment and get back to me. Told her as Dr De Bruyne already did work for them it would be a good solution while they get their registrations sorted. (Well you never know if you don't ask). I'll let you know when I get a response.

I'd be interested in meeting up for a chat/support group.

Hi All,

Tentative date of Saturday 26th July for a meeting? Say 11am? Not sure where everyone is located so any suggestions on venue would be most welcome!

Have read a bit about some meet ups/support groups in other countries - some have guest speakers (might be jumping the gun a bit on this one!), some have clothes swaps, recipe swaps etc - we could discuss that at the first meeting?

My fill is booked for 9am on the 16th so meeting up before hand is out but I'm definitely up for a catch up afterwards.

Elsie, I'll text you with the Vitamin name, they arent Boots own brand from memory all I can remember is that they have lutein in them - my memory is shocking. Friend is doing well, had problems with keeping liquids down of all things, food was no issue, but I think she has that resolved and is down 7kg two weeks post op

My weight loss has kind of plateaued at the moment I lose a pound to gain a pound and I'm finding I can eat larger portions despite the fill - so roll on fill number two. Im also eating when Im bored or when I know Im not hungry but my head is saying its meal time - something I am definitely going to work harder on, that and exercising more. I had some chicken today and it stuck (first time ever) - eventually went down but I learnt my lesson, I was rushing to eat before I went to work and wasn't paying attention.

Ailbhe - you sound like you are moving forward slowly but surely, I'm sending positive vibes your way

If the 26th works for you just let me know and Ill get on from there with organising - maybe PM me your email address so details can be passed on in a less 'public' manner

Apologies for the enormous post!

Siepie

Mol, you were right, Mr Geoghan is lovely.He said I can't join the weight management clinic as there are people on a waiting list so I can't "leap-frog" them (which I agree with) so I have to see him again at the public clinic.

I had a de-fill of just over 1cc on Wednesday and already feel like a new woman. He said the band was too tight. The reflux sympoms dissappeared overnight and I have had a few bowls of Soup so far and my first cups of tea in weeks!

I am to visit the him again in August but he said for the time being to stay on my current fill and eat healthily!

I am so glad these hellish past few weeks seem to be behind me and I can concentrate on more important things!

Ailbhe- You are fantastic, all the moves you are making are in the right directionWell done you and you will be amazed at where you get the strength to keep going. I hope to meet you again at the get together in July.

Siepie-I've pm'd you about meeting up!

Hi Gilly so glad it went so well. I realise i'm very lucky to have gotton a place in their clinic and greatful that it will be Mr Geoghan doing the surgery. Hopefully you can push on now and reach your goals it has been an awful few weeks for you...mol

Hi great Irish bandster community. I have been lurking on the site and reading your posts for about six months now....there are some great Soap story moments there!

I met one of you, an Australian woman I think (who flashed her beautiful, incredible shrinking belly at me!), when I was up for my initial consultation with Dr. De Bruyne a while back....hope the belly is still shrinking.

Anyway, I go to Brussels for my surgery next week.:thumbs_up: You are such great support for each other and an inspiration for me; I am glad to be joining the community and look forward to sharing my journey with you all.

I just wanted to sign up before I am in need of emergency advice when I get home next week.

Good luck to you all

Jellybaby

Hi Jellybaby and welcome to our club. You have come to the right place. Congrats on making the long journey to getting banded. That was the hard part, good luck in Brussels next week. We will be thinking of you, and when you feel strong enough get back on here and tell us your story. All about the hottttt Doctors, and the not so hot ones. Looking forward to hearing from you.

LOVE ROE.

Siepie: I can do July 26th for a meet up if its going ahead. As to where to have it, I have no idea. I’m in North County Dublin but I am open to a bit of travelling (and car-pooling if anyone doesn’t like to drive). You have my email address already so you can add me to your mailing list.

Ailbhe: Glad you got somewhere else to live, you need him out of your face alright. Just noticed your ticker has changed. My god, you are over half way there. It’s a pity that you cant make it up for fill in July, but the rate you are going the next time I see you I won’t recognise you.

I’m doing ok. After the last fill I dropped 5lb in one week. Mainly because of liquids after the fill but also went to dentist and I was afraid to eat for a couple of days. But in the last two weeks the scale has not budged. It’s a killer. I’ve increased my exercise so hopefully will see a difference next week. I do need another fill though. I think I will take it easy with the next one though. I’ll see what Frederik recommends.

The hair is still falling out. My overactive imagination is even seeing bald Patches. (Hope its my imagination) I’m heading to Boots tomorrow to get those Vitamins Siepie was talking about.

Gerri: You get any response from the Hospital Group about reimbursement for fills?

Jellybaby: Welcome to Lapbandtalk. Good luck in Belgium next week. I was banded by Dr. DeBruyne in March so if you have any questions please feel free to pm me. I was “talking” to another lady on this board who is being banded next week by Dr. Chris as well, 4th July I think she said. If you are interested in getting to know someone else who may be there at the same time let me know and I send her details on.

Have a good weekend everyone.!!

Hi Everyone,

Elsie,

I have booked a fill with Frederick 16/07.

I am doing fine at present,not hungry really and full after a small amount of solid food.< /p>

I may be feeling the hunger more in three weeks so I booked to be on the safe side.

Think this may have been exactly what I have needed to help me manage my weight/eating.

Siepie,

my appointment is for 9.10 on the 16th, so we will probably meet there?

Ailbhe,

I am amazed at how well you are negotiating everything that is happening in your life...I hope you find somewhere really nice to live.

Jellybabe(spelling?),

Good luck in Belgium, I had surgery three weeks ago there.

To be honest, I felt dreadful for about 24 hours...when they took out the drip and I started to drink.

After that I was a bit weak for a few days.... like I had a touch of 'flu but better every day.