Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hello everyone I had a 1/2 ml fill last Friday and was fine Friday, Saturday and Sunday but on Monday the band became very tight. I am very restricted at the minute and I'm just wondering has anyone else experienced this and if so how long did it last. I'm only on fluids at the minute. If it settles in a few days I'll stick it out but if not will have to have a defill again. Wonder wat the story with ACS is in a case like this with Jerome not back in the country for 3 weeks:ohmy: I cant ring ACS at the minute cause I'm in work but will do when I get home

Thanks

Hi Roe and Skinny didn't want to have to type this again this is the post about being over-restricted. I couldn't even keep Water down. I lost 9 1/2lb from Friday to Wednesday but put some back on as soon as I got fluids into me:crying: I'm finding it very hard at the minute as I'm back to where I was before I had the 1/2ml and could eat a horse:eek: but really trying and keeping a food diary

Hi guys havnt posed in a long time.Was busy but mostly Im in a down mood, my weight is realy getting to me. Ive put back on half a stone of my weight thanks to acs. well im not going to go on about it everyone is in happy mode here and thats the way it should be . Everyone is doing so well congrats to you all. Seems like you had a great meeting. I had a wedding. I thought last October, Id be out doing the Bride that day, but still loooked like the blimp any way its good to be back. again well done everyone. love roexxxxxx

Hi Roe,

Welcome back, sorry you're feeling so down. I totally understand where your coming from its a real pi**er when you have a plan and it doesn't go they way you expect. Don't give up, ACS are offering fills right now in Dublin with some Belgium Band Nurses, give them a call and get what you paid for. Keep in touch and don't be afraid to post however you're feeling, thats why its called Support. Good luck and let us know how you get on.:thumbs_up:

I've just updated my ticker and i'm no longer over weight! wohoo! i'm now a healthy BMI of 24-9. i Can't describe how happy i am to have lost the weight. It really is one of the best feelings.

Hi Skinny,

Congratulations, well done you. :party::):thumbs_up::blush:.

Hi All

I haven't posted in ages! I was in Thailand for a couple of weeks over Easter and then away for a couple of weekends when we got back so just after catching up on all posts now. Last time I was on, I was so p'ed off with ACS re fills etc. I then heard about the Mail and decided not to post to give them any more info but I got news today from ACS that they can now do fills in Dublin, so I can post again without being afraid!!! I'm just so thrilled to know there will be someone in Dublin to deal with us, it's such a relief. I went for a fill in Belfast just before I went away. I had never met Jerome before, as i was operated on by Jan. I have to say that he seemed like a very nice man and very capable of his job, in and out in no time ( even Lou took ages to find my port). The whole day of travelling (I had my baby with me) really took it out of me and I was dreading having to do that again for next fill. I didn't feel much restriction for the weekend after, then felt a little on the Monday but it wasn't really until the following thursday that it really hit me. And oh my God, did it hit me, just for a couple of weeks or so, managed to lose a couple of pounds on holidays which I have never done before! But really I've been losing during the week, then drinking and eating rubbish at the weekends and gaining it all again, I'm still down but it's time for another fill and to cop on...Feeling really excited now that I've experienced real restriction and know that I could lose so much with the next fill, just have a feeling about it. Anyway, that's my news for the moment, I hit the 2 stone mark the other day. I know it's not that much in 6 months but it's still something and it's going in the right direction. Would love to have 5 stone gone altogether by the year mark...need to start excerising.

Nikki, I was chatting to you before, great news about the baby - and the weight loss - congrats on both - you must be thrilled.

Looking forward to chatting to all in the future, now we have access to fills again, hopefully there'll be loads of weight loss to post about!

Hi all,

Beginning to feel ACS don't like me, I didn't get the letter about the take over and I haven't been contacted about the fills in Dublin! I wouldn't have known had I not just logged on. Just tried phoning but engaged, probably good for me to take a deep breath before I speak to someone.

Sorry about the moan in the previous post. I'll try ACS tomorrow and get an appointment.

Skinny, way to go you are living up to your web name!

Roe, nice to see you back on the site. Coco is right lets get what we paid for from ACS. Don't be beating yourself up, all of us who took the step to have this done deserve to pat ourselves on the back.

Tooth alot better today a bit tender after the work but nothing like the pain of the previous night.

Hi all,

Beginning to feel ACS don't like me, I didn't get the letter about the take over and I haven't been contacted about the fills in Dublin! I wouldn't have known had I not just logged on. Just tried phoning but engaged, probably good for me to take a deep breath before I speak to someone.

Hi Gerri if it makes you feel any better I wasn't contacted about the fills in Dublin either:huh2: and I was defilled last week by them!! I'd say they're only contacting people who were looking for a fill. Good news though isnt it:thumbup:

Hello everyone

Lots of bad news since I last posted. There must be a summit or something in Brussels 3rd week of April because I cannot get a hotel for less than E900 for 4 nights - the Campanile is booked out until mid May.

The other bit of bad news is I possibly have a partial detachment of the retina in my right eye. Was at the Opt....ist today. he has to moniter it and no flying for the near future. I'm scared about the eye and heart broken about not going for the surgery when I had firmly decided. Simone, I think you will have hotel problems too. Let me how it goes for you

Marge

Hi all,

I never got a letter either. Don't think they like me. Phoned them nearly every day for two weeks cause nobody would tell me what was going on. so your not alone there.

Lil, it is good news that they are doing fillls in Dublin again and I'm looking forward to gettind one.

SkinnyIrishbabe, feel better that they don't like you either!!! (only joking) maybe there not contacting the people who rang them the most.

Marge, don't be too disheartened, its better that you found out about your eye now rather than later. Get your sight sorted first and then you will be strong enough to book the surgery again.

Hi Girls

I just want to clarify that I didn't get a letter re: fills from ACS - I had just been emailing them re:getting a fill and was booking an appointment in Belfast until they got sorted, so just got a mail to say they should have nurses in Dublin to do fills next week. Sorry for any confusion or annoyance caused.

Hello everyone

Lots of bad news since I last posted. There must be a summit or something in Brussels 3rd week of April because I cannot get a hotel for less than E900 for 4 nights - the Campanile is booked out until mid May.

The other bit of bad news is I possibly have a partial detachment of the retina in my right eye. Was at the Opt....ist today. he has to moniter it and no flying for the near future. I'm scared about the eye and heart broken about not going for the surgery when I had firmly decided. Simone, I think you will have hotel problems too. Let me how it goes for you

Marge

Oh Marge, thats awful news. But you have to take care of it obviously, I'd rather be fat than blind. It doesnt mean you cant go for surgery, its just gonna be delayed a bit. Email Dr. DeB and maybe reschedule for the end of May or something at which stage hopefully your eye will be sorted and hotels and flights will prob be cheaper. Let us know how it goes with the optometrist.

Dont lose hope, you will get there.

I thought nurses could not do fills? was that not why Lou stopped doing them?

Hi Marge

That's no good to hear about your eye. I had hassle with my eye at Xmas, small bleed that may or may not be related to my diabetes, definitely spurred me on to have the surgery

Im booked with Dr DeB for May 6 - got the Campanile for Mon - Wed at €90 per night which I didnt think was too outrageous. Maybe you can reschedule for then if the eye doc will let you fly? Ill drop you an email

Siepie