Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hey Nikki

Welcome back, and congratulations on the birth of Kai, great name. Fantastic result needing to put on weight after the baby's birth.:lol: Though I do hope you are feeling well and not suffering because of the weight loss.:cool:. Keep posting and let us know how its all going with you. Great to hear from you again.:purplebananna:

Fair play Coco:thumbup: did you see we have our own Lap Band Support in Ireland now, it'll make it alot easier to find, plus it'll be easier for newbies to find. The threads very quiet last few days where is everyone, loads of people havent posted in weeks:whatchutalkingabout

Love Lil

Hey Lil,

Its cool isn't it.:cool: Now we can have threads dedicated to particular topics and we will be able to keep track of all conversations much easier.

Glad to hear that you are up and about yourself after your little incident last week.:lol:! It is so easy to be overfilled thats why its recommended that we are close to our fill providers for at least two weeks post fill. With new people setting up all the time hopefully we have a fill provider thats not too far away from any of us in the near future. Take care.:purplebananna:

Hey Lil,

Its cool isn't it.:cool: Now we can have threads dedicated to particular topics and we will be able to keep track of all conversations much easier.

Glad to hear that you are up and about yourself after your little incident last week.:lol:! It is so easy to be overfilled thats why its recommended that we are close to our fill providers for at least two weeks post fill. With new people setting up all the time hopefully we have a fill provider thats not too far away from any of us in the near future. Take care.:purplebananna:

Thanks Coco yeah it was horrific alright. Thats what I was afraid of all along and it happened to me again:eek: I only asked for 1/4ml but he decided to give me 1/2 the 1/4 would definitely have been enough. I'm back to where I was before now but wouldn't dare go back up for another fill at the minute. I'm just trying to be really good and I've started keeping a food diary which is really helping. Hope your right about having a fill provider nearby for us soon

Love Lil xx

Hi Everyone

It was great to meet so many bandsters last week. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

My first fill went fine. Quick and painless. liquids for 2 days after the fill, back on solids now, no restriction just yet but not as ravenous as I was the week before the fill.

Coco: Thanks for requesting and getting our own support group. Hopefully more of the Irish bandsters will be able to find us now.

Terry: Best of Luck with the decision to get plastics. Hope you can sort out the few extra days you need.

Marge: Aer Lingus fly into the main Brussels airport. The hospital/hotels/Dr. DeB are only 5km away from the airport. It costs about e20.00 in a taxi which are plentiful at the airport. It was very easy, no hassle with trains etc. You must be so excited/nervous/scared/happy/impatient at this stage.

Nikki32: Welcome back and congratulations on the birth of Kai. Hope your feeling well.

Ellen: Glad the swelling is gone down. Good luck with the last 7 lbs.

Lil: I might have missed a post. What happened with the overfill. Did ACS get back to you? Did they organise a defill or did you go to the your GP/Hospital?

Siepie: Did you make up your mind? You going to Belgium and getting the band with Dr. DeB?

Ailbhe: How you doing with your fill? Do you still feel the same as before the fill?

Hi Everyone

Lil: I might have missed a post. What happened with the overfill. Did ACS get back to you? Did they organise a defill or did you go to the your GP/Hospital?

Hi Elsie thanks for asking after me have sent you a PM:thumbup:

Love Lil xxx

Marge

Alternatively if you can get a reasonably priced flight thru AerLingus, it comes into Brussels International which is only 5-10 mins by car from Vilvoorde and costs probably about 15 euro . On the way home after your op, this might be an easier option and would cut down considerably on your travel time.

Regards

Ellen

Hi guys,

Ellen, glad the swelling and the weight going down for you.

Lil, good news that your band settled down after your overfill.

Elsie and Ailbhe sounds as if your first fill went well hope you get the restriction.

Nikki, congratulations on the birth of your son Kai, wow I'd love to be able to say that I need to put on 14lbs to look healthy.

Terry, sounds like a good price for the surgery, you'll make the right decision for you.

I've had an unexpected visit to the dentist today was up from 2am to 6am with toothache. Should have had root canal treatment done in December but put if off due to the price however had to get it started on an emergency basis today, two hours in the chair and €400 (only half the price) and I feel a bit better just tired now. Didn't eat much today so maybe not all bad.

Take care ladies, I have to say I do look forward to logging on and catching up on the news.

Gerri

Hi guys,

I've had an unexpected visit to the dentist today was up from 2am to 6am with toothache. Should have had root canal treatment done in December but put if off due to the price however had to get it started on an emergency basis today, two hours in the chair and €400 (only half the price) and I feel a bit better just tired now. Didn't eat much today so maybe not all bad.

Take care ladies, I have to say I do look forward to logging on and catching up on the news.

Gerri

Hi Gerri,

Hope you're feeling better now. Nothing worse than an unexpected root canal.:ohmy:

Poor Gerri thats terrible hope your feeling better. I'm alot better thanks back to normal Love Lil xx

hello all

im a blast from the past so of you who dont know me i was banded dec 06 and all has gone to plan lost weight at rate that at times was like the tortoise and the hare race (me being the tortoise)was over all happy though as it was coming down ,then very unexpectantly i got pregnant with my 5th child back in april this year with a 64 pound loss with 38 to go til target ...i was devastated!!!!

couldnt believe that i would gain back weight and have to start again...as time passed though i was excited and at 10 weeks i had complete defill and just concentrated on pregnancy ,but while at first the defill did its job and i was able to eat more i never gained i kept steadily losing half a stone a month and it didnt worry me as baby growing well and i was still overweight when i got to around 30 weeks i was getting really tight and only Soups and liquids staying down and i struggled along making it to 37 weeks by which at that stage could hardly keep Water down and had been in hospital on a drip as i was so dehydrated but at 38 weeks they induced me and i gave birth to beautiful baby boy 7lb 5oz (kai)and he's perfect .

i had lost weight whole way through pregnancy and so i didnt think i was carrying much baby weight as i had an excuse for a bump but i was because after my weight plummeted and ive lost in total 130 pounds and am actually trying to gain back about 14 to look healthier.

im feeling fine now though and am able to eat meals again still no joy with meat though yet i never have since band and not too much bread a slice ok though.

great thing is though i have been referred to surgeon by gynae doctor to have barium meal studies to check that all is working well so i will have peace of mind .

i have been reading all posts in here but with being pregnant that has been my focus so now he here safe and well i will be back to looking after myself.

loritha ....it lovely to see you back posting will give you a call soon when i finally remember to get number from paulina who said she had it .

take care girls you all doing great ....dont worry about time it takes you all get there in the end...........xxx

that's sounds a bit scary being pregnant and not being able to eat, lucky you lasted to the 38 weeks. I've only one child at the moment and would really like more in a year or so. bit worried about band getting too tight while pregnant

I've just updated my ticker and i'm no longer over weight! wohoo! i'm now a healthy BMI of 24-9. i Can't describe how happy i am to have lost the weight. It really is one of the best feelings.

Sorry Lil, I think i missed your post too. Did you get a defill? think i was over filled a couple of weeks ago but as i'm loosing band is getting looser. feel very dehydrated though

Skinny,

Thats brilliant news. I am delighted for you. Well done!!!:wink2::):ohmy:

Elsie

Hiya Elsie

Ive booked for May 6 with Dr DeB - really excited but nervous at the same time! Now I need to do all the research to get my head in the right space to make it work for me

How did you go with Dr DeB? He is a really nice guy, very direct and to the point which I like

Will have to organise another get together soon

Siepie

Hi guys havnt posed in a long time.Was busy but mostly Im in a down mood, my weight is realy getting to me. Ive put back on half a stone of my weight thanks to acs. well im not going to go on about it everyone is in happy mode here and thats the way it should be . Everyone is doing so well congrats to you all. Seems like you had a great meeting. I had a wedding. I thought last October, Id be out doing the Bride that day, but still loooked like the blimp any way its good to be back. again well done everyone. love roexxxxxx