Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do It Anyway

I am on my third day of a head cold. From the neck down I feel fine but above the neck, not so much. Popping ears, stuffy nose, scratchy throat with dry cough. It's been a real chore.

I had made a contract with myself that since, as a nurse, I only work three days a week, that the other four days I would do some sort of exercise for 30 minutes. It doesn't have to be running or anything crazy. Just go to the park and walk the dogs or walk on the treadmill. I was off yesterday, but didn't get in my exercise due to the head cold.

I woke up kinda grumpy today cause I was still kinda sick and my hubby really irritated the piss out me last night and it was seeping into today. I did feel a litlle better when I weighed myself and I was down to 272.8.I got up and piddled around the house. Started making a grocery list.

I'm a pretty good cook, but I'm not really the kind of person who likes to spend her free time cooking. But, since me and the hubby have turned over a new leaf, I want to start keeping stuff around the house so we aren't tempted eat "convienient food" or fast food. So I was online looking up all kinds of high Protein or low calorie recipes. And they all just seemed so involved. If it has more than 5 ingredients, I just get discouraged. This just added to my grumpy mood.

I had taken some sudafed early this morning so by 930, my head was pretty clear. I kept saying to myself, "Leigh, you should get on the treadmill. Leigh, you should get your butt up and go to the grocery."

And I just felt myself sliding down into that grumpy, I just wanna lay on the couch and give my husband the evil eye attitude.

I finally asked myself, "Leigh, if you had to work today, would you have called in?" and I answered, "No." and then I told myself, "Leigh, get your flat, wide a$$ down those stairs and walk on that treadmill!"

And I did.

And I feel so good for having done it. And now I feel ready to get out into the world and go grocery shopping. And while I was on the treadmill, I decided that I didn't have to make fancy dinners. I read an article on here about food boredom and how it can help you lose weight. That by eating pretty much the same things every day, you start eating to live instead of living to eat. That by eating the same things a lot, you eliminate thinking about food and your next meal. And my hubby doesn't care. He always says he could eat the same thing for dinner every night as long as it is healthy and not fast food.

My whole reason I wanted to post this was to say, JUST DO IT ANYWAY.

We cannot form new habits and get rid of the old ones by making excuses. There will always be a reason not to do something. But the reason TO DO something is how good it makes you feel. Us heavy people have spent enough time feeling bad about ourselves. Make yourself feel good. No one else is going to do it for you.

I leave you with a pic of me in the messy dungeon basement on my treadmill. And I challenge you, if you're not exercising, get out and do SOMETHING. Just 30 minutes. You don't have to kill yourself doing it. Just DO SOMETHING. You will feel good about yourself.

post-196939-0-41903200-1389542915_thumb.jpg

You go girl !!!! I'm definitely going to follow your lead! I've got to push myself to get on my Nordic track bike everyday! We are one day apart on our surgery , mine was the 19th, and I've lost 22# also! So I am going to be keeping track of you to make sure I keep up with you! Lol

Good job.....way to go! Thanks for inspiring the lazy in me to do something! Sometimes it is just hard to get your head into it and even worse when you feel like crap! Does make you feel good after its done and you have this burst of energy.

Guess I will log off and go do something....anything.....have a great day!

LOVE this post! I am also a nurse and work 3(sometimes 4) days a week. The funny thing is this...Up until a few months ago, I always used my work schedule as an excuse NOT to exercise. It's easy to say "I don't have time to exercise because I work 12 hr shifts which generally turn into 13-14 hr shifts. I drive 40 minutes each way to/from work and then I still have to drop off/pick up the kids and get them home and bathed/showered and into bed before I can go to bed. I'm lucky if I get 6 hrs of sleep each night as it is. Exercise? Who has time for it?" But honestly, I've come to realize that while I may not have much time to exercise on the days when I work, I have 4 days to exercise as much as I want when I'm not working. So who am I kidding really? I've been lying to myself for years. So, I started an exercise program for myself back in the fall. Up until now, it has mainly consisted of just walking a few miles a day but I'm thinking that, for my birthday this month, I'm gonna ask the hubby to buy me a gym membership. I may not be able to get there on the days I work because of the long hrs I work and the gym not being open that early/late BUT I have 4 other days each week that I can go AND I can jump on the treadmill on the days I work while the big kids are taking their showers. It CAN be done. I may be exhausted when I finish but it'll be a good kind of exhaustion :P

Anyway, I like your attitude! Thanks for sharing and encouraging the rest of us to just DO IT ANYWAY! :)

great post

because if we dont, who will?? elvis??

it is up to us...

i hope EVERYONE reads this and everydones gets up and MOVE their bodies

thanks for posting

Leepers, on 12 Jan 2014 - 11:15, said:

I am on my third day of a head cold. From the neck down I feel fine but above the neck, not so much. Popping ears, stuffy nose, scratchy throat with dry cough. It's been a real chore.

I had made a contract with myself that since, as a nurse, I only work three days a week, that the other four days I would do some sort of exercise for 30 minutes. It doesn't have to be running or anything crazy. Just go to the park and walk the dogs or walk on the treadmill. I was off yesterday, but didn't get in my exercise due to the head cold.

I woke up kinda grumpy today cause I was still kinda sick and my hubby really irritated the piss out me last night and it was seeping into today. I did feel a litlle better when I weighed myself and I was down to 272.8.I got up and piddled around the house. Started making a grocery list.

I'm a pretty good cook, but I'm not really the kind of person who likes to spend her free time cooking. But, since me and the hubby have turned over a new leaf, I want to start keeping stuff around the house so we aren't tempted eat "convienient food" or fast food. So I was online looking up all kinds of high Protein or low calorie recipes. And they all just seemed so involved. If it has more than 5 ingredients, I just get discouraged. This just added to my grumpy mood.

I had taken some sudafed early this morning so by 930, my head was pretty clear. I kept saying to myself, "Leigh, you should get on the treadmill. Leigh, you should get your butt up and go to the grocery."

And I just felt myself sliding down into that grumpy, I just wanna lay on the couch and give my husband the evil eye attitude.

I finally asked myself, "Leigh, if you had to work today, would you have called in?" and I answered, "No." and then I told myself, "Leigh, get your flat, wide a$$ down those stairs and walk on that treadmill!"

And I did.

And I feel so good for having done it. And now I feel ready to get out into the world and go grocery shopping. And while I was on the treadmill, I decided that I didn't have to make fancy dinners. I read an article on here about food boredom and how it can help you lose weight. That by eating pretty much the same things every day, you start eating to live instead of living to eat. That by eating the same things a lot, you eliminate thinking about food and your next meal. And my hubby doesn't care. He always says he could eat the same thing for dinner every night as long as it is healthy and not fast food.

My whole reason I wanted to post this was to say, JUST DO IT ANYWAY.

We cannot form new habits and get rid of the old ones by making excuses. There will always be a reason not to do something. But the reason TO DO something is how good it makes you feel. Us heavy people have spent enough time feeling bad about ourselves. Make yourself feel good. No one else is going to do it for you.

I leave you with a pic of me in the messy dungeon basement on my treadmill. And I challenge you, if you're not exercising, get out and do SOMETHING. Just 30 minutes. You don't have to kill yourself doing it. Just DO SOMETHING. You will feel good about yourself.

attachicon.gifTreadmill pic.jpg