Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 random post-op questions

I'm going to be sleeved on the 13th of this month and I have a few random questions..

1. what exactly does the pain feel like right after surgery?

2. do they let you wear underwear during surgery?

3. were you able to use the restroom by yourself?

4. is there a trick to making it less painful when getting up or sitting?

Hi, I just had mine Tuesday.

1. Let me just say everyone has a different pain tolerance. I was so medicated right after that I didn't feel anything until the next day. The pain I had was a searing pain on my left side. It wasn't gas, but the pain got me good meds! Dilaudit and touredal (that's not spelled right). They sent me home with percocet. That's been a life saver. I was hoping I would be one of those people that didn't have much pain, but I wasn't...and I have a high pain tolerance.

2. I was able to wear the hospital underwear/pad because I was on my period.

3. On day two I was walking to the bathroom alone.

4. I have on a binder (around my stomach) and it helps ALOT! Everyone says walk and the doctors want you to walk, but when I find that comfy position. I don't move because it's hard for me to find it again. I've gotten up several times and walked around, walked my dog, and went to get a prescription filled. I'm just taking my time. I still have my drain in until next week.

1. I had a lot of pain. I woke up from the anesthesia and it felt like i had been stabbed (which i sorta was). I was pretty out of it and i just kept moaning for a while... They asked me how much pain i was in and i kept saying "it hurts" descriptive i know. After the initial wake up it got a little better but it still hurts plus i had gas pains on my lower sides of my stomach, my muscles got soar and uncomfortable because i couldn't move and the iv was going to fast and that REALLY hurt. Anyway Im not trying to scare you, most people feel very little pain, I was just shocked at how much i had.

2. So this might be a little too much information..... but mrs havelock reminded me. During the surgery i was on my TOM. i had a tampon in when i went in and when i woke it was nowhere to be found. If i hadnt just had major surgery it would have been concerned but i had a few little other things on my mind :)

3. YES! yay

4. brace yourself with a pillow or your arms, helped me a bunch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches