Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers 2013 just checking in!

I had Band to Sleeve revision on 12/9/2013. I had my 1 month post-op yesterday and have lost 36.6lbs. Able to move to any foods just slowly and carefully.

Surgery Weight: 306

Today: 269.4

I was busted down with my sleevie "Felipe" on 12/17/2013......I have real love for her but we have our moments...dealing with new tummy is like dealing with a cross between a preteen and over excited puppy...

She wants things her way, every day, all the time...until i have to swat her with the newspaper and tell her to "knock-it-off." (Eyeroll)

The good: Down a whopping 29 lbs in 32 days....

The bad: not hitting liquid goals yet

The tolerable: bring extremely careful with food...no cheating...on pureed....eating only pureed chicken

The awesome: working out Everyday!!!

The ugly: not meeting Protein or calorie goals...averaging 130 to 200 calories a day....

Just a work in progress....trying to see if Felipe will tolerate my chewable Multivitamin.....(sigh)

Shelby

Sleeved on 12/20. Weight loss of 25 lbs so far. Felt like I was a slow loser, but reading the other posts, seems about right. Had my 2 week appt with dr. Thought he was going to advance e to purée but he advised that I had to to do liquids for 4 weeks, not 2. ugh! But other than that, all is well. Walking a few days a week. Trying to get more Protein in, he said I lost some muscle. Found EAS Protein Shakes in Walmart for $4.98 for 4 pack. Brought the strawberries and cream, it tastes really good!

Hi all! I was sleeved 12/18/13. I (honestly) totally cheated on the whole liquid only and pureed stages. However, I have not had anything that did not agree with my tummy. I guess I have a steel sleeve. Unfortunately, that also means my scale has not moved as quickly as others. The price to pay in order to not feel like I was starving constantly. (I have to chew something to feel like I've eaten.) I log everything on fatsecret.com and the NUT says I'm not getting enough calories. I average 600-800 a day but she wants me at 800-1200. I don't think there is a way to get all that in right now. I am able to hit 60 g Protein regularly with chicken, fish, yogurt and Protein Shakes. I had a follow up appointment yesterday and was cleared to regular foods so I had a 1/4 of an apple this morning with my egg. For my usual snack of yogurt I added 1/3 cup of blueberries to it. I hope to get a few bites in of steamed veggies with lunch and dinner! But still with all that I'm under 800 kcal for the day. I'm not going to force anything. I already have fears that I stretched out my sleeve the first couple of weeks so I'm being extra cautious with portion sizes and reading my satiety signals while eating. I'm only down 18 lbs since surgery. Of which 11 were directly post surgery and then nothing until this week I lost another 7. Frustrated but I have no one to blame but me. I'm wondering if I should do a liquid fast for a couple days or if that would make me stall more? I noticed most people lost the majority of weight on liquids but I felt hungry constantly and was so irritable! I started drinking kefir and eating small bites of well chewed solids to calm things down. I will gladly take advice from anyone so let me know your thoughts! I feel hungry about 2 hours after eating- not head hunger but hole in your stomach- pain type hunger. Anyone else feel this?

Hi all! I was sleeved 12/18/13. I (honestly) totally cheated on the whole liquid only and pureed stages. However, I have not had anything that did not agree with my tummy. I guess I have a steel sleeve. Unfortunately, that also means my scale has not moved as quickly as others. The price to pay in order to not feel like I was starving constantly. (I have to chew something to feel like I've eaten.) I log everything on fatsecret.com and the NUT says I'm not getting enough calories. I average 600-800 a day but she wants me at 800-1200. I don't think there is a way to get all that in right now. I am able to hit 60 g Protein regularly with chicken, fish, yogurt and Protein Shakes. I had a follow up appointment yesterday and was cleared to regular foods so I had a 1/4 of an apple this morning with my egg. For my usual snack of yogurt I added 1/3 cup of blueberries to it. I hope to get a few bites in of steamed veggies with lunch and dinner! But still with all that I'm under 800 kcal for the day. I'm not going to force anything. I already have fears that I stretched out my sleeve the first couple of weeks so I'm being extra cautious with portion sizes and reading my satiety signals while eating. I'm only down 18 lbs since surgery. Of which 11 were directly post surgery and then nothing until this week I lost another 7. Frustrated but I have no one to blame but me. I'm wondering if I should do a liquid fast for a couple days or if that would make me stall more? I noticed most people lost the majority of weight on liquids but I felt hungry constantly and was so irritable! I started drinking kefir and eating small bites of well chewed solids to calm things down. I will gladly take advice from anyone so let me know your thoughts! I feel hungry about 2 hours after eating- not head hunger but hole in your stomach- pain type hunger. Anyone else feel this?

Thanks for your honesty! I had that hunger feeling too! I still take an acid reducer to help with that feeling. Do you take something like Prevacid? It may help. I'll look to more of the vets to give you food plan advice. I do know I used this forum during those first weeks to stay on track. It's a wonderful support. Wishing you continued success.

I love the Ohyeah strawberry and cram shake, tastes like nestle strawberry quik. The vanilla is also yummy.

3 weeks no loss :( I've lost 30lbs and then it just stopped. Non inches lost either. I've increased my exercise (i switch it up with yoga, zumba, running, & weight training) and I eat healthy and get in all my fluids & Proteins. I don't eat any junk. Strictly Protein, veggies & whole grain. I'm so scared that this is all I will lose. Sleeved 12/3 sw 230, cw 200.

3 weeks no loss :( I've lost 30lbs and then it just stopped. Non inches lost either. I've increased my exercise (i switch it up with yoga, zumba, running, & weight training) and I eat healthy and get in all my fluids & Proteins. I don't eat any junk. Strictly Protein, veggies & whole grain. I'm so scared that this is all I will lose. Sleeved 12/3 sw 230, cw 200.

I was sleeved on Dec 9th and I just got over a 3wk stall. Then all of a sudden I was down 6lbs. Just keep up the great work, it will start again.