Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquid diet ideas

. Starting to get depressed.

Why?

I'm on day 18, still belnded Soups, Protein Drinks, drinkable yogurts, no lumps or bumps. Also now at a stall x 5 days ;-( and only 1 medicine forced stool. (sigh). Getting my 60gms of Protein and 64 Fluid ounces. Starting to get depressed.

Me, too!!! I'm not weighing everyday but I better be losing. It was time for dinner tonight and I didn't even want to eat. So tired of soups. My doctor never stressed a certain amount of protein so I haven't been counting it. I probably haven't had a ton of protein bc I can hardly drink the Protein Shakes. I'm getting depressed too. Like I said. I better be losing!

It's so important to get that Protein in my friend! And there's little tricks that you can do that will help you along the way. When you're sipping your Water, they have liquid Protein that I bought through www.bariatricchoice.com and for one ounce of this liquid it is 15 grams of Protein. Just add it to your Water with some crystal lite and sip. Protein is really important for healing reasons, muscle and for satisfaction for your tummy.

I wish you success in your journey! ♥

I do feel better today! I have been going full speed due to work and the holidays. I went back to work 6 days after having my lapband converted to the sleeve surgery. WAY to soon! Anyways, I have been watching You Tube videos of gastric sleeve and found this forum and found that the 3 week stall and future ones are NORMAL and now it makes sense to me! I also went to a WONDERFUL WEBSITE theworldaccordingtoeggface.com and it put a WHOLE NEW LIGHT on LIVING after bariatric surgery! I feel that the "depression" is from mourning the loss of food and WINE! Don't get me wrong, I KNEW it was coming BUTthis has felt more PERMANENT than the band. The egg face website has wonderful recipes that I'm planning to try as soon as my diet allows!!

What ve learned so far:

I am on my 3rd week post op. I lost 19 lbs in the 1st 2 weeks and none so far in 5 days! They call this a "stall" It freaked me out because I wasnt informed before hand that "stalling" is normal during sleeve weight loss. I weighed this morning and did lose 1 more pound!!!! I also pooped on my own last night YAY!!! I also learned that not pooping is also an issue for lots of sleevers post op! This is what I have learned so far in my own personal 3 weeks of experience LOL !

1. For my Clear liquid diet I was allowed my Protein shakes. Which helped with hunger. Drink your fluids 64 oz per day and Protein atleast 60grams per day per my doctor . I drink a combination of these shakes below during the day to make the 60 grams and they keep me full!

a. Favorite Protein drinks so far

1) Muscle Milk 32grms of protein per 2 scoops mixed in 8 oz of Water. Flavors: Graham Cracker, banana Creme lots more flavors avail online.

2) MP Combat Protein powder Cookies and cream 25gm per one scoop

3) Syntrax nectar "Fuzzy Navel" 23 grams of protein per scoop. This one is almost just like ORANGE JUICE!!! so its something different from the milky type flavors. They also have one thats like ice tea but havent tried it yet.

2. Stalls: Stalls are a period of non- weightloss. I used to call these "plateaus" when I was dieting. Didnt even imagine it could happen with the sleeve! but it is a period of time when I guess your body is reorganizing and restabilizing so we don't just waste away and get into some metabolic crisis. I've read that these stalls can last for a few weeks! (eek!) But when my next stall happens I am going to HIDE MY scale and weigh only once a week.

3. Pooping. Sometimes it can take awhile to poop after sleeve surgery. Lots of times we have been on liquid diets pre op and ofcourse post op and some of us had to take a powerful laxative prior to surgery and there is just nothing to poop. I did not poop x 14 days!!!!! I didn't even feel like I needed to! I had rumbles and gas so I knew my bowels werent locked. I took Milk O' Mag like my doc said and still nothing! Finally on day 14 my Doc gave me a sample of Amitiza and it worked. It took 2 doses and it was not pleasant! I dry heaved with the waste basket in my lap and pooped pure muddy liquid over a couple of hours. (Ugh) Dry heaves scared me but no harm done, now 5 days later I had my own NORMAL poop. So call your doctor if you become uncomfortable.

4. Head hunger. Being sleeved over the holidays had its pros and cons. I didn't gorge myself to death on all the goodies so I didn't gain my holiday 20. But I would SEE the food and WANT the food and THINK I was hungry for it but when I checked my Stomach it wasn't hungry AT ALL. It was my HEAD that wanted it!!!! Im learning the difference now and it's hard!

5. HONESTY:

A. I have put food in my mouth (the perfect prime rib I cooked for everyone at Christmas) Chewed it and spit it out. I did the same with the home made mac and cheese I made for everyone. Dangerous thing because if I had swallowed it a chunk could have got stuck in my stomach incision and caused a life threatening abcess.

B. I got so upset about not losing weight this week (stall) that I went to Sonic yesterday and got a chocolate carmel sundae (no chunks right) and ate 4-6 big bites of it fast (EMOTIONAL EATING). It made me SICK. I was sweaty, weak, cramping stomach and had to lay down for almost an hour. I HOPE I NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.

These are just my experiences. I wish I had known some of this beforehand. Thursday will be week 4 and I can start some pureed foods and soft foods.

I'm going today to GNC to find the Isopure Water. I think it has 40gms of protein per 16oz. I hope some of this helps you!!