Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, I had WLS and YES, I *AM* doing this on my own.

WOW very nice read, Thanks for sharing

Letting dumbass people get under your skin hurts you, not them.

If I can get something done with less effort that is called intelligence. Choosing to do this surgery is an intelligent move.

Health matters. Your health matters to you and your loved ones.

If we work the sleeve we will enjoy the results of a wonderful technological advancement to solve the obesity problem.

So just to play devil's advocate for a minute, let's say we did take the "easy way out". What's wrong with that? I don't think it's easy getting surgery and making a commitment for life, but let's say it is. Isn't the end game losing weight and keeping it off?

Is someone giving out awards for doing things the hard way? Because if so, they owe me a few hundred I'd like to claim for always having to learn things the hard way.

My ex-husband encouraged me to take pain meds during childbirth. I didn't take them but he was right when he said there are no awards for suffering through childbirth with maximum pain. Either way, you'll still have a baby at the end of it. It's the same here. No awards for losing weight one way or another.

My husband told me to stop looking at this as failure and start looking at is as troubleshooting success. Finally, finally after fricking YEARS of trying, we've found something that seems to work for us. How is that not success?

And I do think the tool helps me, so I agree with the earlier posts that we're better off than people who are trying this without a sleeve. I could never eat this little food without hunger pangs without my sleeve. So yes, we are better off than those who don't have a sleeve.

But that's why we chose it. Because 90% of people who lose weight without a sleeve gain it back. While some people gain back some of the weight after a sleeve, the number is less than 50% of weight regained for less than 50% of those sleeved.

I'll take those odds.