Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys I need your help!

Thank you so much guys sorry for the late reply tgis is my second day home from the hospital and I find myself sleepin alot without even knowing that I fell out....I truly appreciate all that was said I will try the gatorade and most of all the pedialite my mom said they give that to kids in the hospital who are dehydrated....I will remember all throught the day to sip my fluids...my discharge paper definitly says sip througout the day.I had some chicken noodle Soup broth and that helped.... I was so proud of al the fluids I got in yesterday I thought that was sometging but disnt realize that wasnt enough...I told my mom what all your suggestions were and she said she is gonna pic those things up....also about the shakes its called lean shake from GNC the are lactose free they come in four flavors and those are what I survived off of before on the preop diet and my doc said to continue it as much as you can tolerate...I will be putting up a video on youtube later on tonight about what im drinking when I do ill tag this thread and then you guys can see wht im eating and then you can tell me what you think its definitly to much to post. But thanks again and any other suggestions would be appreciated

Not trying to be bossy..motherly instinct you know sets in.....Yes if nothing else drink that as well...Does it say on the bottle anywhere that it helps with dehydration......Use it...Sure but find a way to get some G2 as soon as you can girl....If i were there I would get it for you.....sorry to be so pushy hun!

Its cool I totally get it.. :) thanks for the advice

One last question...when u guys were just starting off did u have issues with getting things down like for example after I swallow I get this pain that sometimes feel like gas but other times feel like something i cant describe

One last question...when u guys were just starting off did u have issues with getting things down like for example after I swallow I get this pain that sometimes feel like gas but other times feel like something i cant describe

Yes definitely..It takes a while for your sleeve to heal and the swelling to go down from the tube they stick down your throat so you can breath..just goes easy with it all..Try to keep small sips in your mouth for now and swallow a little at a time...this will pass I promise...And someday soon you will be able to take a bite swallow it easily....It just takes time hun...Get your mom to really watch out for you while you are at this stage.....

it is all fresh and new and yes there is gas but you are putting liquid in a place that just had major surgery...Don't be so hard on yourself...Worrying is okay...but panic no.....let us know how you are doing K

I most definitly will...u should see the day of my surgery I have it on youtube I still have a couple videos to download but if u wanna check me out my name is SleevinIT as well on youtune as it is on here..I hope u enjoy my videos

I most definitly will...u should see the day of my surgery I have it on youtube I still have a couple videos to download but if u wanna check me out my name is SleevinIT as well on youtune as it is on here..I hope u enjoy my videos

I will take a look later tonight..:)

Yes i was super week day 6 and asked my NUT IF I could start Protein shakes right away and she approved ... I did get my liquids in and I was doing broth but got sick of it (not sick from it) .... Sf Jello really smells bad to me

I have more energy today on day 7 with the shakes and Water .... Hoping I can start some baby food and or pudding tomorrow after I see my surgeon and NUT

be careful and stay hydrated!!!

Yes i was super week day 6 and asked my NUT IF I could start Protein Shakes right away and she approved ... I did get my liquids in and I was doing broth but got sick of it (not sick from it) .... Sf Jello really smells bad to me

I have more energy today on day 7 with the shakes and Water .... Hoping I can start some baby food and or pudding tomorrow after I see my surgeon and NUT

be careful and stay hydrated!!!

I have been doing shakes and I stated broth today

Contact your doctor immediately!

My guess is that you are dehydrated. If you can't keep fluids down (make sure you are meeting your targets -just drinking is not enough, you need to drink the correct amount), you need to be in the hospital getting your fluids through an IV. I see a noticeable difference in energy when I don't get enough fluids in (I am 10 days post op).

The weak feeling and feeling like you will collapse....make sure you get a blood pressure check. My husband is experiencing this terribly, being lightheaded and weak, and passed out in the shower. He is 2 weeks out, I am 1 month out.

The weak feeling and feeling like you will collapse....make sure you get a blood pressure check. My husband is experiencing this terribly, being lightheaded and weak, and passed out in the shower. He is 2 weeks out, I am 1 month out.

My blood pressure has been normal from time of surgery until now and still I felt super super weak around day 6/7 .... I just think need more solid nutrition which won't come about for a while ... This whole pre op and post op diet seems so unnatural to how humans function ... My doc cleared me for cardiovascular fitness today at 8 days out (ie spinning & jogging) but I have little to no energy .... Very odd; I trust his expertise but something about that seems odd .. I will walk daily but spin classes will wait until I get to mushy stage 3 in mid January at least

Good, I wanted to make sure. Weird, but I am 67 and have so much energy I keep overdoing it. I was definitely eating too much and after a scare this week I have barely eaten in 3 days, but not even hungry. Honestly I think the more I eat the hungrier I am. Take care of yourself!

Thanks guys!!!the whole gatorade thing has been working I also adder Powerade it seems to be working tomorrow I habe to wake up early and start the fluids I noticed that if I dont ill be completly done for the day I have to try to get in enough.but after 6days post op I still get the pain when drinking im wondering if its gas or nah..who knows...im hoping it will go away I got my sleeve dec 14 and people who got it after isnt going throu as much...is anybody else experiencing this one week post sleeve?

Whenever I get weak, I have figured out it is due to not enough Protein. My first 8-10 days was diarrhea I figured it was normal due to the liquid diet. Yes hydration is important, but your pee will let you know if dehydration could be a culprit, if your pee is dark yellow or orange then yes you are dehydrated, it should be a light yellow to clear color.

Just remember to keep your Protein intake to what your Dr recommends, my Dr wants his paitents to maintain between 70-100g everyday.

Whenever I get weak, I have figured out it is due to not enough Protein. My first 8-10 days was diarrhea I figured it was normal due to the liquid diet. Yes hydration is important, but your pee will let you know if dehydration could be a culprit, if your pee is dark yellow or orange then yes you are dehydrated, it should be a light yellow to clear color.

Just remember to keep your Protein intake to what your Dr recommends, my Dr wants his paitents to maintain between 70-100g everyday.

Thank you for thatbsorry for the late reply I was knocked out... but my pee is light yellow...not orange I hope it stays that way...this morning I drank a drink called naked....that thing tasted so good I drank the whole thing in on sitting...while I was drinking I did geta little pressure while swallowing and Im strting to think I still have gas...immatry the gasx strips and hopfully they work for lunch imma try sipping on some gatorade....get some electrolytes going...anyway thanks again