Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blue turtle and Betsy..hang in there! So close to making it there. The pre op is the rough part. It's definitely not easy but it's worth it! You can do this!!!

Blue turtle and Betsy..hang in there! So close to making it there. The pre op is the rough part. It's definitely not easy but it's worth it! You can do this!!!

Thank you ajustice for the encouraging words! :)

You look great, by the way!!! :)

Two weeks till surgery and suggestions

Any*

No not really I said my goodbyes last week

My tastes actually changed... I no longer like or want sweets anymore... It's soo weird how with some people they just get totally turned off on what they used to love! No sweets for me!

My tastes actually changed... I no longer like or want sweets anymore... It's soo weird how with some people they just get totally turned off on what they used to love! No sweets for me!

I hope I will have the same results :)

Hi I have just started my pathway to hopefully getting bypass, but all I can do is think about food I love the taste smell texture of food, i have made small changes so far but over the xmas time I did give it all up now im trying to get back on the right path. I spend alot of time on my own as im physically disabled and my husband works and our so 6yr old is at school I find boredom tends to lead me tp picking at food, any advise woukd be really welcome.

Hi I have just started my pathway to hopefully getting bypass, but all I can do is think about food I love the taste smell texture of food, i have made small changes so far but over the xmas time I did give it all up now im trying to get back on the right path. I spend alot of time on my own as im physically disabled and my husband works and our so 6yr old is at school I find boredom tends to lead me tp picking at food, any advise woukd be really welcome.

Hi JoJo, try to start some non-food habits now. I think many of us find we're surprised at how much food is the center of our lives, so if you can start some non-food interests, that will help. Maybe take up knitting, puzzles, writing a blog or diary about your journey. There's only so much tv I can watch, so I really have to force myself to do other things until those become more of a habit. And, when you feel like eating, just come on these forums and read, post and poke around. Everyone here is really supportive!

Hi JoJo,

You said you're on the path to getting the bypass? So, I think it will get easier to stop thinking about food as the cure to boredom when your post surgical. I say this as I'm on my second week post op RNY and a boredom/stress eater. Keeping busy in whatever interests you and planning your day helps for me. I just think if I wasn't so preoccupied with food and obsessing about it what would I be doing? What kinds if things could I be working on? I got back into my family tree building on Ancestry.com and that's been fun. I started writing lists of all the things I wanted to have completed by end of 2014 and taped it on my door. I check off as I go, makes me feel good. I have at least three totes of " projects" that I've started in the basement I'm gonna dig those up!

My advice is I guess, explore your passions. What do you love to do and set yourself up to do it. Art? Crafts? Cooking? Pinterest is a cool site with Loads of ideas for whatever you like to do.

Note: I came home and my teenaged boy was " taking care of me" while daddy was away. He decided to bake Cookies for me because I was sick, and other boy and hubby came home with fried chicken. It freaked me out a little and I panicked. But it's because I anticipated being tortured by the smells and thought I'd feel punished . I wasn't. Later, I sat and closed my eyes recalled exactly what that food tasted like, and how I usually felt after eating it ( often too much) and it truly didn't bother me.

;) I know you'll do great! Best to you!

I had many food goodbyes the month prior to my surgery. I really said goodbye. I have always drank soda. Usually one diet dark soda and several diet light sodas a day. When i went on Clear Liquids 2 weeks before surgery i just quit craving them. List my desire for sweets. Soda. I think it was a God thing. Did a lot of praying. Now 1 week post op have no desire for sodas. Hungry for food though ???? but i know i must get used to feeling a little hungry.

I'm working through my slew of appointments, so all I have is this sheet that details what to begin working on. When I saw "cut out coffee" I almost cried. My mom just brought me a Keuirg about a month ago and I can't tell you how much I love this little machine. I kind of stroke it and purr over it each morning as it makes my first cup. I cannot stress enough that coffee saves lives every day in my family.

So now, after 2 weeks, I'm down from 3 or 4 cups a day to 1/2 a cup. 1/2 a cup! I see the nutritionist next week for my first appointment and I want a gold medal when I go in and can report that I'm off coffee completely.

I had my first Nutrionist appointment this past Friday and she mentioned mourning food:

1. Sit down and really think about this food. Maybe even write down how it taste and how you feel.

2. Then either burn it to say good bye or leave it out in the yard never to come back in or simply throw it away.

It is a good idea to figure out how to mourn that stuff (whatever your triggers are) now.