Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had several major surgeries in addition to being sleeved and had a catheter for all of them. The first four times were not an issue since they we're put in while I was under anesthesia. My last neurosurgery in October left me unable to urinate and I had to undergo catheterization every time I had to empty my bladder. That was not a fun time for me as I watch the nurse each time it was done. The surgeon didn't leave in the catheter due to my history of a life threatening infection. I suffered a uti each time but the last and was given cranberry juice and antibodies. Sorry for being so descriptive, but we are all men here.

I had one when I was sleaved. No, it's not fun, but it's bearable. I was in enough pain from the surgery, that having a catheter wasn't my biggest concern.

So you'll be just fine!

My Dr. (Dr. Illan in Mexico) does a significant volume of sleeve surgeries and completes most of his procedures within 25-45 mins. (When I was there my procedure was 30 mins & he completed a high BMI acquaintance of mine in 45 mins the next day.)

This is a 'plus' to me because it represents so little time under anesthesia and no catheter :).

Best wishes- I have had one in the past and it was weird but not painful.

My surgery lasted about an hour so they never put one in

I was sleeved at NYU by Dr Ren and that was my biggest fear as well..it was the first thing I asked when I saw her before surgery..she said because of my age and that I was fairly healthy she didn't see it necessary..typically she does it in older men or men that she feels would have trouble passing urine after the surgery..if of any reason they say they have to do it make sure they will do it once your under.it is very uncomfortable from what I hear...you'll be fine and love your new sleeve..I love mine which was just done on 12/31 down 31 pounds since pre op diet!

thanks everyone, my surgeon told me i wont have one..we'll see about that tomorrow lol

<p>thanks everyone, my surgeon told me i wont have one..we'll see about that tomorrow lol</p>

Good luck for tomorrow! Hope all goes well for you.

I've never regretted doing it!

Good luck tomorrow. The catheter is no big deal. I was so worried about it, and honesty, it was kind of a relief to just go without getting up. Not saying I'd want one all the time, but it was no big deal.