Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I now understand what it is:( and it's not fun. Tell me it will be over soon!

Try some pineapple juice or coke. It will help, too!

I don't drink any soda anymore , but if and when I do get stuck and slime I try to wait at least 15-30 min. before I try to take a sip of arm tea no sugar or room temp Water, and I mean a sip not a gulp to see if it stays down , if not then I will have more that comes up and out and it is not good at all , so I if it stays down then I know I am good.

i think the rule of thumb is not to let a stuck problem last all day. if you are going on hours and hours and still can't keep anything down you need to see your doctor or go to the er. seeing your doctor is easier. most er's are not set up to unfill your band. warm tea helped me the most when i was stuck all day. and i really really sipped the tea. after a stuck episode it is best to stick to liquids to make sure you are not swollen as well. hope by the time you read this post you are okay.

If you're truly sliming, I don't see how you can wait 15 minutes....it is inevitable what is going to happen next......and SOON....

I also don't understand how someone can linger a stuck episode all day???

Think about a stuck piece of meat in your airway, needing the Heimlich maneuver ASAP....now equate that to your esophagus....not as extreme as breathing, but ALL DAY????

When I got stuck, I had to do something right then and there.....or I could not carry out any other normal activities...

But this goes back to my first thought....the term "Stuck" is very over used on this forum....as are other terms like "Slippage"

B-52

I had a small piece of Tomato skin stuck. And yes I would say stuck is the correct term. It did not go down. I slimed some and also felt a little pressure and this lasted quite a while. I was able to get down small sips of Water without it coming up. So there are different levels of stuck and sliming. I finally decided to gulp Water knowing it would come up. I then started to really slime and had to PB. And the only things that came up were the slime, water, and little piece of tomato skin. It was no bigger than a fingernail.

So maybe give people a little leeway with their usage of words. Most are doing their best to describe their experiences.

The words do not do justice to the experience in my opinion. Stuck for a minute or stuck for an hour stuck is stuck and it's a dreadful feeling. The slime is just gross, and the one time I got good and stuck it took about 10 minutes of sliming and getting that gunk out before I could dislodge the under chewed bit of meat. (Yes I learned my lesson on chewing!)

It was painful and disgusting. For me it was a short amount of time that felt like hours, but I can see how even a small something that does not go all the way through can be uncomfortable enough to want to bring it up but tolerable enough to keep trying to get it to move on it's own before doing anything more about it.

I wait for 15 minutes then drink some really cold Water because if it is gone you will be able to feel the cold water empty in to your stomach I would much rather throw up cold water then any kind of juice or hot stuff.

I've been stuck and its lasted up to 40 minutes. All I did was wait for it to relieve itself. I slimed alot and had tiny (and I do mean tiny burps) each followed by swallowing a little slime and producing more discomfort and slime. Anyway, I don't think I could tolerated that all day. I found the last time that jumping jacks helped progress everything. I haven't tried to drink anything cuz I'm just way too uncomfortable for that. I do believe you can have different degrees of sliming as I have had smaller episodes that passed quicker and didn't hurt near as much. Regardless of what you call it, sounds like stuck to me. Nobody knows how you handle things but you.

I've had several of these episodes and thankfully they didn't last long. Burping helped and spitting out the slime. It just had to work it's way down. I need to chew my food better. Learning every day!

I have gotten meat stuck 3 times and slimed like crazy the last two times. The last time lasted about 4 hours, or so it seemed. I tried to vomit, but nothing could bring it up, just had to slime and wait for it to stop. Not much fun, so I don't eat Jenno Turkey Franks any more.

I have gotten meat stuck 3 times and slimed like crazy the last two times. The last time lasted about 4 hours, or so it seemed. I tried to vomit, but nothing could bring it up, just had to slime and wait for it to stop. Not much fun, so I don't eat Jenno Turkey Franks any more.

For reasons similar to yours, I no longer eat meat...it's been almost 3 years now...and ALL my Dr.'s (I was seeing as many as 6 at one point) are all thrilled with that fact....