Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Lunch: A Pictorial Attempt To Show You Life Will Be Normal

It's not very photogenic but another Indian dish that is sleeve friendly is dal fry. It is the Indian equivalent of refried Beans, I guess. To make it healthier substitute the ghee for oil and just use less. It is basically lentils cooked to mush with sautéed onions, chilies and spices stirred through it.

But yeah. Photos of it look like brown goo.

It's not very photogenic but another Indian dish that is sleeve friendly is dal fry. It is the Indian equivalent of refried Beans, I guess. To make it healthier substitute the ghee for oil and just use less. It is basically lentils cooked to mush with sautéed onions, chilies and spices stirred through it. But yeah. Photos of it look like brown goo.

I love love love dal fry. So good!

Redbean where's the picture of your food?

I doubt you want pics of my food today

I'm going to post your pizza Monday! lol

I'm going to post your pizza Monday! lol

Yay! We still love it. Although last time, I picked off the toppings and threw away the crust. Imagine that! Would never have done that in the old days!

I doubt you want pics of my food today

It's okay. You'll have better days :)

It's okay. You'll have better days :)

I feel terrible! Since Thursday I can't seem to get back on track...I did much better today, but still not the greatest...URGH. This too shall pass!!!

I feel terrible! Since Thursday I can't seem to get back on track...I did much better today, but still not the greatest...URGH. This too shall pass!!!

Does it help to get good Protein Snacks that you like? I know if I have deli ham and cheese, or small cups of cottage cheese, small ready made things like that, I reach for those faster than I can think up something I shouldn't be eating. By the time I finish those,I am too full to have anything anyway.

You're doing well. Don't fret. You'll get back on track.

If you consider eating Indian food normal that is :) So if you're worrying you won't be able to eat or enjoy your food or be normal? Here's what I made for lunch today. Brown rice for the kids, ground beef curry, cucumber/tomato/Greek yogurt salad, palak paneer (spinach. with a homemade cheese). Apart from the rice, all good for us sleevers to eat. I sometimes see people thinking they won't enjoy food, or that they can only have baked chicken and steamed vegetables. SO not true. I make Indian, Thai, Ethiopian, Greek etc all the time. What is true however, is that my two kids (23 and 13) and my husband and I all ate--and we finished about a fourth of the food you see here :) Feel free to post pics of what you're enjoying today that is sleeve friendly.

GG! That looks AWESOME!

Does it help to get good Protein Snacks that you like? I know if I have deli ham and cheese, or small cups of cottage cheese, small ready made things like that, I reach for those faster than I can think up something I shouldn't be eating. By the time I finish those,I am too full to have anything anyway. You're doing well. Don't fret. You'll get back on track.

That's been part of it...I needed to get more snacks, but definitely not all of it. I reall just wanted a break - getting so tired of the same foods, same snacks, counting everything, trying to get my Water in, etc...it'll all work out, I'm terrified of gaining back what I've lost so I am doing my darndest to get back to what I know works. One of the worst things is that a friend lost 75 lbs after her sleeve and never did low carb/hi protein...which is BAD!! I don't want to think I can just keep on like I am - I want to eat better and think I HAVE to...idk if I'm making sense or not

I had 3/4 of a homemade burrito last night. Flour tortilla, steak strips (I diced mine after they were cooked, refried Beans, Tomato, salsa, shredded cheese, a little lettuce. The amount of filling was small by the standards of pre-op but it tasted amazing and went down fine. I left about 1/3 of the tortilla and about 1/4 of the filling behind. But this is another point about being able to have your favorite foods again. If I ordered a restaurant burrito I would use a knife and fork, and pick out what I wanted from it and probably leave 2/3 behind, but it would still taste great.

That's been part of it...I needed to get more Snacks, but definitely not all of it. I reall just wanted a break - getting so tired of the same foods, same Snacks, counting everything, trying to get my Water in, etc...it'll all work out, I'm terrified of gaining back what I've lost so I am doing my darndest to get back to what I know works. One of the worst things is that a friend lost 75 lbs after her sleeve and never did low carb/hi Protein...which is BAD!! I don't want to think I can just keep on like I am - I want to eat better and think I HAVE to...idk if I'm making sense or not

No I totally understand. I tried to take two days off but was too chicken! Maybe you should plan for a day or two off a month from constant tracking and make a deal with yourself. You get two days off IF you promise to start tracking after they are over.

You know your friend lost muscle not fat if she didn't eat her Protein and that will make regain easier.

Maybe try one new recipe a week to introduce some change? That's how I stay focused. It's still ground beef but today it's Indian! Last week it was African! :P sameness would make me want to cheat as well. I wish you loved close by. I'd make you something yummy and sleeve friendly. :)

No I totally understand. I tried to take two days off but was too chicken! Maybe you should plan for a day or two off a month from constant tracking and make a deal with yourself. You get two days off IF you promise to start tracking after they are over. You know your friend lost muscle not fat if she didn't eat her Protein and that will make regain easier. Maybe try one new recipe a week to introduce some change? That's how I stay focused. It's still ground beef but today it's Indian! Last week it was African! :P sameness would make me want to cheat as well. I wish you loved close by. I'd make you something yummy and sleeve friendly. :)

What a great idea!! New recipe every week...I can do that for sure. I think I'm just in a rut, but it'll be okay. I'm not sure what she lost, but i know I didn't have WLS to just eat what and when I want - I have exercised and tried to make healthier choices, which is what I intended to do. Oh and btw, I have family in the DFW area that I plan to visit soon. I would love to meet up when I head that way:)

What a great idea!! New recipe every week...I can do that for sure. I think I'm just in a rut, but it'll be okay. I'm not sure what she lost, but i know I didn't have WLS to just eat what and when I want - I have exercised and tried to make healthier choices, which is what I intended to do. Oh and btw, I have family in the DFW area that I plan to visit soon. I would love to meet up when I head that way:)

Seriously?? I would love to meet you! Lemme know when. I travel a lot but with some advance notice, I can wrangle my schedule sometimes. Oh yay! :)

Ok my lunch today. It won't be everyone's cup of tea but here goes. 50 grams roast beef lunch meat 1/4 cup German selleriesalat (like sauerkraut but with celery root) 1 baby be 1.5 "stiratini" hard bread sticks Sriracha sauce for dipping the bread sticks The breadsticks are relatively low carb, go down easy, and ease the craving for bread.

190 calories and 16 grams of Protein.

post-146075-0-69037900-1385870877_thumb.jpg