Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Lunch: A Pictorial Attempt To Show You Life Will Be Normal

You WILL enjoy food! I am almost 10 months out and I enjoy most foods except bread, rice or pasta(surgeon has us wait 1 year) I just eat smaller portions. I do use a veggie spiralizer, mines a countertop crank one(kinda like an apple peeler corer! We absolutely LOVE it! We have successfully subbed cauliflower rice for regular rice and the kids don't even notice :) sure I've had a cup cake or gone for ice cream, it's a lifestyle change! I run a lot now and feel like I deserve a treat now and then, I'd cheat with bread rice or Pasta but I know once I start I won't be able to stop and I'm not done losing yet! Hang in there folks you WILL feel normal again! I feel exactly as I did preop just can't eat but half what I used to! <3 my sleeve!

I absolutely love this thread. I'm a bit of a foodie and do enjoy cooking, so this provides so much reassurance for me. I'm only 4 days out but looking forward to trying some of these recipes down the road. Awesome thread!

That looks awesome. How much of it did you consume? Also, why didn't you invite me? I love foods like that.

My before and after of dinner tonight. The salmon was 4 oz I ate 3oz. I had 2 asparagus spears ( I have a hard time with asparagus, very fibrous). Half of a spoonful of mashed potatos. And yes I took a small price of bread and butter but had no room. It's a mental thing for me to have it there. But I fill up on Protein first then I don't want it. :-)post-132657-14108247757417_thumb.jpg post-132657-14108247928688_thumb.jpg

Thank you. Lately... my haunting thought is... "well you will never be able to enjoy food for the rest of your life."

I am 4 months out and love food again. It didn't happen right away. In fact a May love it more than before because I was always mad at what food did to me. Now that I am losing I enjoy ALL foods but choose the good ones a majority of the time now.

post-180691-14167098546549_thumb.jpgshrimp with cheese and bacon. I passed on the rice and Beans.

post-180691-14167098989447_thumb.jpg coconut oil sugar free fat bombs. Yum!

That shrimp looks good

I am obsessed with recipes. I like flavorful foods and take my time to prepare my foods now. I made fried rice using bulgar instead of rice. To me,there was no difference. Loaded it with cabbage,eggs and green onions. I made enough to last a few meals. Next time I will post a pic.

I blogged all my high Protein, low carb recipes for the first year or so at www.twosleevers.com haven't cooked a lot lately but need to start again.

I started this thread because so many people felt like they would be food and taste deprived but really, we are not. meat, veggies and fat make for a lot of variety and taste.

I checked out your blog last night gamer girl! Lots of great stuff. Very inspiring!

That all looks so delicious. I so look forward to the day I can eat ethnic foods again.

As long as I eat Protein first, my sleeve still works. Check out my before and after. I didn't eat but 1-2 bites of the rice, mainly just the salmon and two spears of asparagus. Still can't hold a lot of Protein and I'm 15 months out.

post-180691-14167955132054_thumb.jpg

That's like three more meals for you.I love the sleeve! That salmon looks good too,lol. I did check out blog and you have some good recipes. I am going to make the stuffed sweet peppers soon

That's like three more meals for you.I love the sleeve! That salmon looks good too,lol. I did check out blog and you have some good recipes. I am going to make the stuffed sweet peppers soon

Those are one of our fav recipes. The kids love them too which makes it easier to make for every one. Besides...BACON!! :)

I am thinking about a crab rangoon or shrimp filling for those peppers too. Yummy!