Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else having nausea and a bitter taste in their mouth on the preop Liquid Protein diet?

Yes. I also found the runs. Imodium dissolvable and chewable pepto Bismol helpful.

I'm just exhausted and a little gassy. I feel jittery when my sugar starts to drop and headaches. Not to bad in the bathroom department.

My insomnia is ridiculous I'm getting 2-3 hrs of light sleep with dreaming vividly, waking in between the bizarre dreams to fall back to sleep into more.

My surgery just got pushed by a week to 1/14. I'm very disappointed. How dare the surgeon to have his own medical crisis. LOL (Just joking)

My surgery is Jan. 16 too.....good to have a surgery buddy...I don't start pre op until the 9th but I'm back to juicing until then...

It is so nice to have a surgery buddy! We'll have to keep in touch and exchange pix!!! My preop 2 week liquid diet started yesterday and all I wanted was a juicy cheeseburger! But I persevered through it, so here's to day 2!!!

Day 2 was harder for me than Day 1, not really because I wanted to eat but because of the headache all day. I made it through and Now starting Day 3 of 14 Good Luck to Everyone! Remember one day at a time.

That's what I'm worried about, the headaches. Can you take Advil? Will it even work? My surgery is the 20th so your a few days ahead of me. Your posts are super helpful. I can't wait till we're all on the other side! My thoughts and prayers are with you :-)

I am going through caffeine withdrawal day 3 now so tired and lots of headaches! Loud kids don't help either.

I am on day 3 of 7 pre-op. I had a really nasty headache the first day and realized I was drinking enough. It seems better now that I'm keeping my fluids up. I would go with Tylenol instead of Advil if you're less than a week before surgery because ibuprofen can thin your blood. Hope y'all feel better!

I am on day 3 of 7 pre-op. I had a really nasty headache the first day and realized I was drinking enough. It seems better now that I'm keeping my fluids up. I would go with Tylenol instead of Advil if you're less than a week before surgery because ibuprofen can thin your blood. Hope y'all feel better!

Thanks for the reminder about Advil. I hadn't thought about it.

Day 3 Completed and Not so bad Headache was gone only really felt hungry at night. But handled it and now Starting Day 4. GOOD LUCK!

Day 4 of preip kept busy for most of the day but to come home to my sister in law cooking a ton of great smelling mexican clear into the night I filled myself up on a Protein Shake and Jello then went to visit them since tgey showed uo unexpectedly. It was ok I had to change my thinking a couple times to make it through without wanting to hurt my husband lol. Starting day 5 of 14 and going to my oldest daughters volleyball tournament. Good Luck to All Today!

I'm on day 4 and it DOES get easier. Those first 2 days, I almost gave up...seriously. But I've been on this WLS journey since August 19, 2013, multiple visits to my NUT, primary care doctor, weigh-in's, mandatory weight milestones and required weight loss...which, has been incredibly difficult. I mean, I don't understand why most insurance companies require a weight loss, when in fact, if I could lose the weight myself, I wouldn't need WLS. Anyone else feel this way?

I definitely agree Jessie! My insurance didn't require me to loose weight, and I'm glad because I can't. I very been doing Protein Shakes for Breakfast since August

Surgery is tomorrow! Wow! Time has flown and now it is time. Not really nervous anymore, more excited. I am ready to get this show on the road! :)