Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Hey guys. Today seems better so far. Yesterday. I think I ate too much chicken broth for dinner and was soooo full. But weighed this morning and down 5.2 lbs. YAY!!! I have been off the pain meds since Thursday. But still take some Tylenol extra strength at night. The worst part now is my BMs are now in liquid form. (Sorry if TMI). I do still get some gas pains when I drink, but they have reduced as well. Thank you all for being here to share this experience with. Hearing your experiences and being able to share mine has kept me from being scared throughout these first few days. This forum is AMAZING. but it is because of each of YOU!!!

Speaking of liquid form.... I almost didn't make it to the bathroom in time. I have such pain in my incisions at night that Tylenol doesn't cut it but at least I feel human again during the day. Glad you're better. (((Hugs)))

Does any one have a hard time with regular plain Water ??? I am not nauseous nor does it gag me but no matter how small a sip it hurts my stomach for a little bit ! I have been just going through it just to get my water in but it def gives me a hard time getting it down

Hang in there buddy, I have a feeling you're gonna have a volcano eruption very soon.

Just had the best, longest fart of my life. It was amazing. Hahahaha

Does any one have a hard time with regular plain Water ??? I am not nauseous nor does it gag me but no matter how small a sip it hurts my stomach for a little bit ! I have been just going through it just to get my water in but it def gives me a hard time getting it down

Yup! I get a weird spasm like feeling when I sip water. Or almost anything. Popsicles are the only things that don't hurt.

I can't drink it. Neither can many of my sleeved friends who are out over a yr. put lemon in it or a drop of Mio. I halved mine with Vitamin water zero.

At least y'all got pain meds. My insurance sucks ass. I had to get liquid lortab from my sister. I'd just like to give a shout out to the makers of Vitamin Water zero... I love you and thank you for keeping me hydrated. Lmao

I took Percocet which doesn't come in liquids. It cost $25 and I crush it and pour it in a shot glass and then pour the water in and throw it back. Not tasty but not the worst thing in the world. And it helps my pain without making me sick. Liquid lortab makes me throw up.

Jencovi- I'm on the same plan as you. Finally on full liquids after a week. Like I posted before, really craving solid food, which I didn't expect to happen. Have had a few bites of Beans (chewed like 50 times) and no problem. But trying to wait out and follow Dr.s orders. Have lost 10 lbs. since surgery and eighteen since pre-op Dr. Appt. Weight loss stalled last few days; freaked me out a bit. I find I wish sleeve was more restrictive, because, although I drink slow, I can get 60+ ounces down a day.

Ha. I chewed up a crouton then spit it out last night. Beans would have been a much healthier option! Lol.

Good job with the weight loss! I am dreading my first stall. I'm down 18. 7 from liquids, 11 since surgery.

I'm glad I can still get plenty of fluids in. I miss my Water drinking. But day by day I'm getting more and more in. I hit 64oz of water no problem now.

As for full liquids I have to do clears for two weeks. I had surgery in 2/13. I get full liquids on 2/27. So I'm still on clears. Oh joy.

Thanks girls for the tips on water! Definitely doing better with the Protein already have one down just one more to go! Feeling good today! A little sore but definitely manageable!! Hope everyone is doing ok!!! Going to go out and look at digital scales was thinking about a weight watchers one. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks girls for the tips on water! Definitely doing better with the Protein already have one down just one more to go! Feeling good today! A little sore but definitely manageable!! Hope everyone is doing ok!!! Going to go out and look at digital scales was thinking about a weight watchers one. Anyone have any recommendations?

Tanita brand reads body fat and Water. I spent $50 on it which is a lot but I love it

I have an older tanita scale and It's more accurate then my nut's scale.

I'm still a little confused about the whole liquid phase in general... Ik for purée u eat for 20 min wait half an hour drink liquids for an hour wait half an hour and so on... But for the clear liquid stage how often do u eat/drink (eat=Popsicles &jello) ik it's very important to keep hydrated but I want to make sure I'm not going overboard ESPECIALLY when I'm feeling hungry right now... I took Prevacid to eliminate some of the acid ( which I was told acid could feel like hunger)but I still feel hungry. I'm also afraid to graze.... like on Popsicles and Soups and stuff .... At the hospital yesterday I almost didn't go home because I wasn't drinking or eating (wasn't hungry at all) now that I'm home I feel like i can tolerate more

A little concerned Yesterday I was able to get in a lot more than I have been able to today. I have only been able to get in about 10 oz today. I feel soooooo full

A little concerned Yesterday I was able to get in a lot more than I have been able to today. I have only been able to get in about 10 oz today. I feel soooooo full

I don't think that's anything to get too worried about. You're still so new post op. you're swollen and still figuring this little tummy out. If you're still struggling in a few days call your NUT and see what they think.

I'm still a little confused about the whole liquid phase in general... Ik for purée u eat for 20 min wait half an hour drink liquids for an hour wait half an hour and so on... But for the clear liquid stage how often do u eat/drink (eat=Popsicles &jello) ik it's very important to keep hydrated but I want to make sure I'm not going overboard ESPECIALLY when I'm feeling hungry right now... I took Prevacid to eliminate some of the acid ( which I was told acid could feel like hunger)but I still feel hungry. I'm also afraid to graze.... like on Popsicles and Soups and stuff .... At the hospital yesterday I almost didn't go home because I wasn't drinking or eating (wasn't hungry at all) now that I'm home I feel like i can tolerate more

For me, my doc basically started me on half an ounce every 15 minutes, and now that I'm home, I should try and increase it to an ounce every 15 minutes. I'm struggling a little, only because my pain meds make me pass the F out! And a popsicle counts for basically 3 quarters of an ounce.