Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope you like it Queenie! It has been a lifesaver for me and my waistline.

Thanks! Today is my first day....all was just fine but at 5pm I got hungry and had a 1/2 an apple. I won't have dinner until 7. Is that OK or am I supposed to no eat at all between my two meals. I had lunch at 12:30 (after not having eaten for 18 hours). Also, can I drink plain tea during the day? Thanks for all your encouragement.

You can spread out your calories any way you want... some only eat dinner, others three small meals... just watch the calories.... I think taking a nice long break (the 18 hours is good) someplace in the night+day is a good rest for the body. Not eating too late the day before, and eating later on fast day works for me. A half an apple will not kill your plan, just add it to the calories and get as close as you can to 500.

I'm fasting today too... a little Creamer in my Decaf in the AM, 0% Fage for lunch (sometimes I have a Protein Drink instead) , then stir fry veggies for dinner and home made SF pudding for desert. 530 cals. This is a pretty common routine for me.

Edited by feedyoureye

You can spread out your calories any way you want... some only eat dinner, others three small meals... just watch the calories.... I think taking a nice long break (the 18 hours is good) someplace in the night+day is a good rest for the body. Not eating too late the day before, and eating later on fast day works for me. A half an apple will not kill your plan, just add it to the calories and get as close as you can to 500.

I'm fasting today too... a little creamer in my Decaf in the AM, 0% Fage for lunch (sometimes I have a Protein drink instead) , then stir fry veggies for dinner and home made SF pudding for desert. 530 cals. This is a pretty common routine for me.

Perfect timing! I did fine today....and thanks so much for the response. I hit pretty close to 500 calories, and I'm so happy to know that I can do a light lunch, a small snack, then a light dinner. (The afternoon is the hardest for me). It wasn't hard at all! So happy for your support!

Sounds good! After you get a couple of those under your belt, you will look forward to them!

Completed my second fasting day today. I am going to be able to do this!!

On the fasting days, I had a light lunch and light dinner. Got all my Protein and Water in. On non-fast days, focused on eating 3 "clean" meals a day.

My happy reward was my LOWEST WEIGHT since surgery this morning....love it.

Hey! My ticker disappeared!

Kim, you crack me up!

HG, I found after a couple of weeks of fasting my body looked forward to my fasting days.

Hey where's Laura-Ven and Globetrotter? I am missing them......

FYE did you find your ticker yet? LOL

We are still in vacation mode, but heading home on Saturday, which may be a good day for my first fast. I am not usually hungry while driving. Anyway, do most of you spread out your fast days, rather than back to back? And FYE, how do you make your SF pudding? Thanks!

The fast days are supposed to be separated by at least a day, but you can shuffle them around if it helps you stay on track... I do Monday and Thursday, but if Im having a party on a thursday, I might do it on Wednesday instead... no prob. I think the thinking on back to back is its just a little harder to fast for two days in a row,

pudding.< /p>

3/4 cup skim milk

1 1/2 T corn starch

Torrani of your choice (I like chocolate for extra chocolate flavor, or salted caramel is nice too... SF of course...)

1T cocoa powder (or not)

a drop of vanilla

a shake of salt (or not... it seems to round out the skim milk flavor)

I just do this on the fly, I do measure the milk, the the rest I am guessing here... The recipe doubles ok. I always make one for the hubby too.

Mix corn starch with aprox 1/2 milk -set aside

Mix 1/2 milk in a sauce pan with torrani (about 1/8 cup or more to taste) , vanilla, salt and cocoa

bring to just below low simmer

stir corn starch mixture right before adding to hot milk mixture

drip it into the pot, still on the heat, and use whisk to stir until thickened... if it starts to boil, remove pan from heat, keep stirring for a few more strokes... if its not thick enough you need a little more CS.

I like to eat it warm, sometimes I will add banana, or chocolate chips, or walnut pieces or marshmallows (not vegetarian :( ) or cool whip free.... what ever I can afford calorie wise. Change up the flavor as you like. Makes 3/4 cup serving, If you can't eat that much, split in half and share or save for tomorrow!

FYE your pudding sounds delicious! :P

I am going to try it...

So glad to hear that there are several peeps starting 5:2. I think you will truly love it and the results if you are consistent and committed. It is a super tool

And like Kim said, you can arrange your 500 how you like. They do recommend that you have at least a 12-18 hour period of complete fasting in a 24 hour period. Like nothing after 7 night before and not eating until 11 or so the next morning. I usually do it that way and have a cup of SF hot cider or drink when I get to work and then something small around 11 or so. Eat main calories for dinner and a small snack before 7pm.

Thank you for the recipe! And for the encouragement from so many of you. Tomorrow, fast day #1!

Hey Kim (ok if I call you Kim, I think we are still friends :-) or does the forum still do that? Anyway, if I remember you drink coffee. On the 5:2 is it a problem to use Stevia and almond milk in my coffee? Today is day 2 of 500 cals so, I don't want to blow it but, I do really, really like my cup or three of coffee in the morning.

Thanks

Fasting on Mondays and Fridays. Easy now that I am back to work and all the holiday goodies have stopped showing up. I have lost the two pounds of holiday gain. YEAH me! The fast days help with the mind control over the carb monster