Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I do not bounce. I also do not count my regularly scheduled 4 pounds 2 days prior to the start of my cycle, but I don't "bounce", instead I just sit at one weight for what feels like forever :/

I do not bounce. I also do not count my regularly scheduled 4 pounds 2 days prior to the start of my cycle, but I don't "bounce", instead I just sit at one weight for what feels like forever :/

I love your pic!!!

Really guys? Thanks, I just don't see the changes, I will post before and after in *our* thread. I was SOOO disappointed to learn that I have over 30 lbs to lose before I can even be considered average BMI :( Georgia and Feed - what is your average caloric intake on eating days and on fasting days? I think I am eating too much on fasting, and not enough on eating...

I agree GT, your new pic looks awesome! I can't see where the 30lbs will come from though - I think we are in the same boat with this crazy BMI... If I ever got to a 'normal' BMI I think I would start to look too old! Dunno?

But seriously, you look strong and curvy! x

I agree GT, your new pic looks awesome! I can't see where the 30lbs will come from though - I think we are in the same boat with this crazy BMI... If I ever got to a 'normal' BMI I think I would start to look too old! Dunno?

But seriously, you look strong and curvy! x

You both look awesome! And I am in the SAME boat with that BMI. I have about another 30 pounds or so to get to a normal BMI. I'd like to for the sake of seeing that number, but I'm not sure if it's realistic or even a good idea. I don't want to look like what I call a weight loss victim - gaunt and saggy and old. I know not everyone has to worry about this, but I think I might. I keep trying to get a few more pounds off, but it's getting harder and harder and slower and slower. Been thinking about giving this 5:2 a whirl.

Really guys? Thanks, I just don't see the changes, I will post before and after in *our* thread. I was SOOO disappointed to learn that I have over 30 lbs to lose before I can even be considered average BMI :( Georgia and Feed - what is your average caloric intake on eating days and on fasting days? I think I am eating too much on fasting, and not enough on eating...

I am not in the "Normal range" Not sure I will get there. And it depends on what chart you look at... the normal range is a moving target! I eat around 560 on fast days, and around 12-1500 on feast days (I eat some of my exercise cals back so the cal goal changes depending...) This being said, some days I eat over... fast days can go up to 700 if I am "weak" or there is a party around or something... this is not too often, but over the holidays.... yes. My feast days have been over a bit lately for the same reason... I have MFP set for me to lose 1 pound a week... this starts my intake at 1200, and as I exercise, the goal goes up... I add (make that subtract) my two fast days to that week, and this is about where I maintain at. Even if I throw in an extra few calories to the days, I'm still eating less than MFP wants me to to lose 1 pound a week. Convoluted, but so far so good.

I eat between 1200 to 1300 calories a day and am working on keeping it clean eating. I am a sugar and fat addict. So this is a daily struggle for me. Plus when I look on the percentages of fat, Protein, on carb on MFP, I have a 30% for each category. So I'm looking into adding more veggies and I know that will cut back my protein intake....So need to study this and make the proper adjustments in my diet. Plus the head hunger seems to get too me.... :P

Fasting. 500-525

Feasting below or at 1200 I cannot eat above 1200-1400 or I WILL gain. TDEE is about 1375

That's why I recommend we all read the article about body fat versus thin and low BMI. One person lost to 125 with BMI below 21 and still had 30% or so BF. She started concentrating in reducing that percentage for heart and health reason put back on 20 pounds so still low at 145 and brought BF down significantly.

I worry now that I am a "fat" thin person and I got into this for health since my Mom had AFib and other cardiovascular disease. I've got to really analyze in the next few weeks my overall diet and cut my BF and increase strength.

I eat between 1200 to 1300 calories a day and am working on keeping it clean eating. I am a sugar and fat addict. So this is a daily struggle for me. Plus when I look on the percentages of fat, Protein, on carb on MFP, I have a 30% for each category. So I'm looking into adding more veggies and I know that will cut back my protein intake....So need to study this and make the proper adjustments in my diet. Plus the head hunger seems to get too me.... :P

I find mine is also pretty evenly spread over fat, protein, and carbs. I avoid fat and sugar, don't eat bread, rice, Pasta. So I keep thinking I need to take a closer look, too. On many days, I just feel successful keeping my calories low, regardless of what they consisted of since I'm eating pretty clean for the most part.

That's why I recommend we all read the article about body fat versus thin and low BMI. One person lost to 125 with BMI below 21 and still had 30% or so BF. She started concentrating in reducing that percentage for heart and health reason put back on 20 pounds so still low at 145 and brought BF down significantly.

I worry now that I am a "fat" thin person and I got into this for health since my Mom had AFib and other cardiovascular disease. I've got to really analyze in the next few weeks my overall diet and cut my BF and increase strength.

Georgia, Good thought about the consideration around body fat versus thin and low BMI. I think it speaks to a more realistic approach to health. The BMI is probably a fair assessment in general, but doesn't tell the whole story. It was developed long before the modern technology we have available to us today. I know that much of medical science (and insurances) use the BMI, but if we are trying to get to true health, maybe other considerations are more valuable to us.

Coops - thanks for that! if I were to have major plastics right now, I think I could easily "lose" a solid 15 lbs of skin and tissue. My trainer doesn't want me fasting, I'm torn.

Globe what's the reason trainer says no fasting? If I. Had a personal trainer that was aware and familiar with the sleeve and also did some ressearch into intermittent fasting then I would listen.

He knows that my focus is growth of lean muscle mass and reduction of body fat, not to mention the importance of improving my balance and core strength. He doesn't want me eating less than 1200 cals!! What he doesn't know won't hurt him though and on days when we don't work out I will drop it down to 600.