Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Florida Sleevers?

O O O Ooooo Raising hand here....North Fort Myers, Florida

Surgery is supposed to be scheduled for November 10th, however..the insurance company may take their sweet little time and my surgery could be the week of Thanksgiving...however...that doesn't bother me in the least...cause I'm gonna lose weight and be healthy...that' my motto What's a motta with you??

Anyone in my neck of the woods?? I think I saw Cape Coral up a ways....hello??

How are you all doing now that you've had the surgery.? I'm in Fort Myers and due to have surgery with Dr. Bass on 2/18. I'm so excited!

Hi all, I am from central Florida. I just had a gastric sleeve surgery a week ago. All went relatively well except for some nausea but they had more to do during surgery along with the sleeve so it could have been that which added the nausea to the mix. Biggest problem I am having is that everything is so sickening sweet now that I am having trouble finding something bland enough to get down. Can't wait until cream of wheat stage :))

Hi my name is Gerry I had a gastric sleeve 11/7/14 and I haven't been this happy since I was 18 years old! I went to a Awesome doctor, Dr. Keith Kim at Florida Hospital Celebration. It was done lapo... I had no problems. Didn't need pain medication on day 2 or since. It is the best thing I have done for myself in along time. I was 274 lbs. when I started the plan. I have lost 65 lbs. so far. I am off my diabetic mediation, off 1 blood pressure medicine, taking 10 mg. instead of 20 mg. of crestor. My arthritis is so much better. I am walking over 5,000 steps a day. Now I go out every day. I am enjoying living in Florida. I have been here since 1968. I was from the Bronx, N. Y. Write and let me know your story. Today is my 1st day on bariatricpal.com. I Praise God that I was able to get this insurance! Thank you

Hi Caren 1027 I got a e-mail notifying me that you live in Florida. So I decided to write to you So you live in Boynton Beach, Florida. That must be lovely down there right on the beach. I moved from New York City in 1968. That is so Awesome that you are 160lbs. right now. I had the sleeve on Nov. 7, 2014. I am 204 lbs. right now. I was 274 when I went to the Seminar at Florida Hospital Celebration. How are you feeling? Write when you get a chance okay? Gerry

South Florida in Wellington, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach area? I'm 5 days post op! Would love to find someone who knows my struggles. These normal stomach people don't get it!!!!

I live in Boca Raton. My date will be on may 11th. I'm 5'4 and 215. I'm not getting any support from friends or family.

South Florida in Wellington, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach area? I'm 5 days post op! Would love to find someone who knows my struggles. These normal stomach people don't get it!!!!

I live in Boca Raton. My date will be on may 11th. I'm 5'4 and 215. I'm not getting any support from friends or family.

Well congratulations to you! You'll do fine. Do you have any support of friends that can help you out after surgery? just hang in there, because I was in the same position recently. my parents live almost 3 hours away from me, and my mom is bedridden sick, making it impossible for either my mom or my dad to make it down to help me. But with God and supportive friends I'm doing well. The first few days after surgery were the worst, but now I feel better. I was sleeved on March 30th 2015. Good luck to you.