Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Cant Stop Smoking!

For my surgeon, it was everything - it's because of the hormone levels.

I hate to burst the bubble even more but someone mentioned birth control: my hospital requires you to be completely off of it for at least 2 cycles. So, to recap:<br><br> No birth control, no carbonation or caffeine, no cigarettes or e-cigarettes, no drugs, no alcohol. Nada!!! <br><br> I know one of you girls asked about smoking and having tubes tied, etc. <br><br> With gastric bypass, you are under general anesthesia which means you aren't breathing by yourself - you are intubated and a tube is down your throat. Anesthesia slows breathing and heart rate, lowers your blood pressure and basically depresses your body, even your brain. When you smoke, everything from your lung capacity and the chances of getting pneumonia, to blood vessels constricting and oxygen not circulating in the blood, are compromised. <br><br> I know how hard quitting smoking can be - I was there too. But, just try to take one thing at a time instead of shocking the body and forcing it to go into a serious withdrawal. I quit caffeine and carbonation 2 months prior to my surgery because I knew that my body wouldn't be able to handle that PLUS my pre-op diet. In the final two weeks before my surgery, I walked 1 mile every day because I knew I wanted to heal quickly and be successful in the long term. <br><br> So my advice to both of you is pretty simple: take each day at a time, quit one bad habit at a time and remind yourself every day why you are doing this. It will get easier!!!

I was under general anesthesia when I had my tubes tied and I was smoking.

If you want to stop smoking go to Amazon and checkout the book Stop smoking the easy way. Several guys at work stopped smoking after reading this 100 page book. Also read the 800 plus comments, most 4 and 5 star.

Awesome! You have it licked now.

The good thing about nicotine addiction there is no physical pain when you quit cold turkey. It is only psych issue that tells your brain you can't live without.

Once you realize you don't need nicotine to get through stressful situations or to socialize you begin to understand there really no reason to smoke or chew, which was my hangup.

The ebook reprograms your brain as you read it and when your done you walk away from the nicotine without regret.

Again congrats!

Awesome! You have it licked now. <br><br> The good thing about nicotine addiction there is no physical pain when you quit cold turkey. It is only psych issue that tells your brain you can't live without. <br><br> Once you realize you don't need nicotine to get through stressful situations or to socialize you begin to understand there really no reason to smoke or chew, which was my hangup. <br><br> The ebook reprograms your brain as you read it and when your done you walk away from the nicotine without regret. <br><br> Again congrats!

Well I am smoking low nicotine ecigs.... They are helping tremendously!!!

Awesome! You have it licked now. <br><br> The good thing about nicotine addiction there is no physical pain when you quit cold turkey. It is only psych issue that tells your brain you can't live without. <br><br> Once you realize you don't need nicotine to get through stressful situations or to socialize you begin to understand there really no reason to smoke or chew, which was my hangup. <br><br> The ebook reprograms your brain as you read it and when your done you walk away from the nicotine without regret. <br><br> Again congrats!

Well I am smoking low nicotine ecigs.... They are helping tremendously!!!

It's seems so hopeless, I'm down to 3-4 cigs and I want to not want even 1!!!!! How did I allow myself to get controlled by this! I cannot let this stand in my way of my process and I am trying like really hard, I'm on zyban and the patch and try to keep busy but after every meal it's like clock work like a feen is all I think about until I just go do it... Guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I would be!!! I ordered a Newport ECG online I am still waiting for it. I'm going to see how that goes, wish me luck ladies... Oh and congrats to those who have kicked the habits you truly are strong individuals!!!!

It's HARD!!!!! I think we all know how you feel chickie!!! Smoking is a bastard cause it runs your life! You are always thinking about your next smoke! I have been trying to quit forever and I just did not wanna! Stay strong, at least your doing it! Your not giving up and you will quit all together soon enough. It's really a mind over matter thing. Just don't let the fact that your doing it at a different pace discourage you.

It's HARD!!!!! I think we all know how you feel chickie!!! Smoking is a bastard cause it runs your life! You are always thinking about your next smoke! I have been trying to quit forever and I just did not wanna! Stay strong, at least your doing it! Your not giving up and you will quit all together soon enough. It's really a mind over matter thing. Just don't let the fact that your doing it at a different pace discourage you.

Thanks your completely right girl!!!! I'm still going just haven't got there so I felt a lil down and discouraged today! Thanks for your encouraging words!

Your welcome! Just keep thinking, "these lil fuckers are bullshit!! You don't run me!" Lol!!! Kinda helps.. :)

Your welcome! Just keep thinking, "these lil fuckers are bullshit!! You don't run me!" Lol!!! Kinda helps.. :)

Yes they are evil lil f*ckers lol... Hey I bought this book Alan carr - quit smoking the easy way and watch some of his videos on YouTube, they helped a bit, not yet done with the book though... Hope it works! Praying!!!!!

Sweet I will check it out! My husband looks at nasty black lungs and teeth when he wants one.. Hahaha