Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Cant Stop Smoking!

I have really been trying here! I wore the Patches and tried those ecigs and now I'm on Zyban to help me quit... It just seems hopeless and it doesn't help that my fiancé smokes... I don't know exactly when is my surgery, hopefully feb/mar but I'm getting a lil head start just so I get healthy and lower my risk during surgery. I am really trying but after 10 years of smoking 100s cigarettes and never even had the desire to stop until now it just seems so hard... I dont know... Did anyone have any issues? If so how far before surgery did you try and stop?

Do you have to quit when you do surgery? I smoke... Will they make me quit? I know I need to but if they are going to insist, I need to know ahead of time so I can prepare.....

Do you have to quit when you do surgery? I smoke... Will they make me quit? I know I need to but if they are going to insist, I need to know ahead of time so I can prepare.....

They say to quit smoking at least 2 months prior to surgery... If you do smoke while having surgery you could catch pneumonia or have trouble breathing so the doctors don't operate if they find nicotine in your system, they test you before surgery to find out!

Holy shit! No one told me that! I guess I should buy the patch and get those e smokes

Holy shit! No one told me that! I guess I should buy the patch and get those e smokes

I mean hey if your doc doesn't have a problem operating even though you smoke that'll make it easier, but my doc said she will not operate if we smoke. I ordered from e-cig.com I found a Newport one, still waiting for it to come in the mail... Let's see how that goes

Lol!!!! A Newport! That's awesome! I live in Cali and there's lots of "smoke shops" that sell all kinds of E Cigs. Menthol, reds, lights, cherry, vanilla, root beer. It's crazy!!

Lol!!!! A Newport! That's awesome! I live in Cali and there's lots of "smoke shops" that sell all kinds of E Cigs. Menthol, reds, lights, cherry, vanilla, root beer. It's crazy!!

Yea they have all sorts over here in nyc but the menthol taste horrible to me maybe cuz I wanted a Newport lmao and I'm really not one of the fruity type... But on that website they even have Pepsi lol smh for ppl who need to quit soda! And marijuana the list goes on

Makes me wanna smoke.... AHAHAHAHAHA!

Makes me wanna smoke.... AHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey we got to enjoy life before we trade in our chubby coats and soda and cigs and sugar and food and the list goes on and on lol haha but it's all worth it!

Your absolutely tight! Lol!! Thanks!

Some previous posts reported that the e-cigs cause enough nicotine to register on the pre-smoking test to perhaps disqualify you from surgery. I think one said he/she was tested the morning of surgery and failed the test, so surgery was cancelled. Might check into that.

If you can find the Smokenders program, try it. I was a very heavy smoker for a long time and quit in 5 weeks with that program. Never, ever wanted another cigarette in all the years since.

Smoking poses real and serious risks to you during surgery and after WLS. You really, really do need to QUIT, not just stop for a while. Have your doctor's staff explain the problems it can cause and you may find the incentive you need to quit--like staying alive.

Thanks for the advice! I quit!

We'll I'm a smoker but I quit a month and a half ago cold turkey I'm not gonna lie is very hard but I motivate myself by thinking about he outcome after the surgery. So good luck with that. The hardest thing through out the whole process

Being a smoker can interfere with the healing process because of circulation issues and skin something or other. I'm not preaching because Ive have my share of bad habits but the sooner you quit the better you will heal.

Well how come you don't have to quit when you have a hysterectomy or your tubes tied?