Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

I was banded April 14 after 10 months on going back and forth with the adm staff there. It was a struggle not to 'go off' on them for their nonresponsive attitude but I got through it. Just got a patient survey in the mail this week and will express my disappointment. On the other hand, the docs were GREAT!

I also received the eval and sent it in. Trust me I used all the free-space lines for my comments on the flow of the office. Kathleen at the front desk is a sweetheart and tries to get you to the right people. I called 2 wks in a row to find out if i could take a medication, leaving the name of the medication and everything...no response. So I waited until my appt. (a month after getting the prescription) to ask. Dr. Choban is great as we all know!!

Hello all, Thanks for the warm welcome. This is just what I need people going through the same things that I have been going through and at all different stages of this journey.

It is encouraging to see how great the banded members are doing and to see their weight loss,,,keep it up

Angie, Sue & linlynkr, This is great to find support so close to home. Do you have a local support group that meets anywhere?

I hope this evaluation improves this program. We have the best Dr.'s we just need the best program...

Edited by ~Patty~B

Greg, congrats on the big 50! I am definitely the slow loser in this group! I'll catch up with you one of these days...I hope. :wink_smile:

This little group sure has grown....welcome to all the new people that I may have missed and Hi to all of the Golden Oldies! :bored:

Good to read all of the messages. I didn't even like Kathleen's attitude. She always calls me sweetie and talks over me all the time I am trying to tell her what I need. They certainly need to clean out that office, and the sad part is that many people tell them (the docs)about the problems. What part of it don't they understand. As some one else said the office staff certainly has give Mid Ohio Surgical a black mark.

Anyway I'm doing better today and hope soon to be back to normal!

Barbarossa,

I am self pay with Dr. Total cost $16,600.00. Love her! I went to the first information session in April 2008 and am being banded July 16, 2008. I found the process smooth and easy. If you have any questions, I will be happy to help you along the way.:)

Hey Everyone-

I went to my post nutrition class two weeks ago and Andrea said that the bariatric program is getting it's own space in Mt. Carmel. She said that when we go for fills or nutritionist appointments, classes, supports groups, etc. that it will all be in one area. She is not sure when this will take place, but things are in the works right now. Give your ideas to help with the program because it is only getting bigger and better. She said the programs that make the money are the ones that are getting there own locations and bariatric is a huge money maker right now.

Congrats Greg on the 50 and welcome to everyone else. I am two weeks from my first fill and I am ready for it. I can tell that it is time. I have lost 21 pounds since surgery and a total of 12 total body inches.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

Angie, Sue & linlynkr, This is great to find support so close to home. Do you have a local support group that meets anywhere?

I hope this evaluation improves this program. We have the best Dr.'s we just need the best program...

Hi Patty,

I'm not a Mt. Carmel bandster, I was done at Riverside back in December. However, that doesn't keep all of us from getting together to hang out each month. We do have an informal support group that meets at Polaris Mall each month. The meetings are always on the 2nd Saturday of the month at 2pm in the food court. If you go to the main listing of threads here for the Ohio section you'll see the current month's invitation with information on when and where we are meeting.

I hope you'll join all of us! We love meeting other Central Ohio bandsters. :-)

Tonight was the Mt. Carmel Bariatric Support Group meeting at 6:30 pm and I was going to hang out at work and then go but I got to 5pm after working a full day after the holiday weekend and just couldn't talk myself into staying to work another hour! Wanted to get home and enjoy the sunny evening. Did anyone else go? How was it? I think the topic was on Self Esteem which I sure needed but maybe next month.

So far I'm up to 2-5 minutes at a time on the bike I got over the weekend but it really is exercise more than walking and I didn't realize that it was so aerobic - I'm huffing and puffing for breath and my heart is a beating good more so than tiring out my legs or knees. I bet my orthopedic doc who did my April surgery on my knee would be surprised to hear me trying this!

Hope everyone is having a great summer.

Sorry I haven't written latly.. I thought I would share my 2nd fill appointment with everyone since you were talking about survey. I went yesterday for my 2nd with Dr. Miller since Dr. Choban was 10 weeks out when I made the appointment. Dr Miller was called out and there was no other Dr there and no other appountment could be made. Dr. Choban was booked until the mid of Sept. Will I ever see her again? Hopfully, I will get filled within the next 2 weeks. I am maintaining at 22 pounds which is still good but I would like to jump start it and I think I can tell it's time. I was told that Dr. Miller is re-arranging his schedule to make a full day of just fills. I think it's getting to big for just 2 doctors.

Hi Kathy, I'm still here, just nothing new to report I guess. I called Charlene yesterday to see if she knew anything about my date yet... yep, voice mail again. She usually returns my call the next day so I expect her call today WITH MY DATE :}

Hi everyone!!!

DRH - I will be with you for your next fill. Stay strong - you are my inspiration.

Thinner - I am sending you good thoughts so you can get you date. It is just nice to have that date. It seems more real and then you can start counting down.

Special K you are such a strong backbone for this thread - you do a great job.

Next week at this time I will be BANDED and sitting in my MCW hopital bed wonder what the heck I did!! (Nervous)

Hope all is well with everyone. Hoping that you get your date very soon Angie. I finally hit the big 50lb loss last week. I thought I might have to go back to get the 1/2cc taken back out but I think it's starting to loosen up a tad. Hated to miss the Polaris group this month again but there always seems to be something going on. Looking forward to making it next month.