Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Just wanted to encourage everyone with a hug and say I wish I could be there in person to give you a hug but this will have to do until I can see you hopefully April 12. I hope all the payroll and work excuse/permission to return to work things get resolved ASAP!

:cursing:

post-226326-13813136828173_thumb.gif

I had heard throught he grapevine that Dr. Choban's office was a little slow on the disability paperwork. I had to cal them a couple of times to make sure it was submitted so that I wouldn't miss a paycheck. Nurse Niki do you work for Mt. Carmel too? I work in L&D at West wasn't sure if we had met at the pre-op class>

Hi ladies, thanks for the number and the hugs...I needed them both. I'll see what she can do for me Monday.

For the March bandsters, I tried ordering an omelette at Bob Evans' for dinner out last night and was able to eat about half of it without a problem with lots of chewing. It was a veggie type omellette with spinach and onions and some cheese no meat yet. I think that what I ate was about 2 eggs worth out of what was probably a 4 egg omelette if I have to estimate. It came with hash brown potatoes and I had the waitress change it to mashed potatoes - she looked at me a little funny but said, sure! So I ate maybe 1/4-1/2c mashed potatoes and took the leftovers home. Now I realize that wasn't the best thing because the other half of an omellette isn't going to be good heated up and I probably should have just ordered 2 eggs scrambled so I'm not throwing away food or wasting money. Anyway, it felt good to go to a restaurant and not just order soup!

P.S. Mini non-scale victory -- the dinner came with delicious biscuits and I didn't touch them even though in the past I would have eaten both of those smothered with honey! I sent them home with my friend.

Sarah, Yes, I think we were in the same pre op class!!! I work on MI at East! Your hair in your pic looks lighter, otherwise I think I would have noticed. I love running into people on her that I have met in person!!!

Special K--thanks for the hug! and Congrats on the great job eating at Bob's! I have found that now that I am eating real food (pretty much reg food now) I am offically in Bandster Hell! I told Dr Choban that I am HUNGRY and my fill isn't til the 29th! I think I am going to just try to MAINTAIN the weight I lost, but I am not sure if that is even possible! I am starting an exercise program (running/weights) on Monday, so maybe that will help?

Hi Special K,

One thing that helped me that might help you is the idea that once you have spent money on food, it is spent and you have received the value. You get the value for your money on the first bite, not all the bites. It is ok to throw food away. I was one that had to eat everything from my plate or it would be a waste. Now I think I got what I wanted on the first good tasting bite. The rest is just fuel and if I don't want to eat it, I won't.

As for the omelet, I enjoy those too. Usually with hashbrowns but your mashed spuds sound healthier. I also enjoy Bob's salad with chicken breast, pecans and cranberries and the colonial dressing. The problem with that is that it is 35 weight watchers points so it isn't low fat/calorie. It does have Proteins and it takes me three meals to finish it so it isn't all bad. Low fat/calorie dressing would be better.

Hang in there. This week in Washington D.C., I'm giving a presentation in a red suit that I haven't been able to wear for about 6 years. YEAH!

Susan

Seebs (not losing the last two weeks due to spring break/Easter candy with the kids - but I will get back on it now)

Susan - you are dead on center! I hate to throw food away..old mindset learned in growing up when family times were tough and we were told to sit there and eat what was on our plate and be grateful... and to boot they'd add that there are starving children in China who would be so thankful for half of what you had!" Guilt trip deluxe. So you are right, eat what I want and enjoy the nourishment and taste and then throw it away.

Thanks

Another rant...I am soooo aggravated! :thumbup:

Heres an update on my fun and games with the bariatic program at Mt. Carmel. Called Melissa Webb,got her voice mail, said she would return my call within 72 hours. Called Dianna, got Charlenes voice mail, said she was not in the office today but would return my call when she was. Called main reception,told them my problem, was transfered to Dianna,and guess what...according to her ,this is all my fault!!!! She said she called me Friday(my second missed day of work) to ask me what I wanted on my release form ,(I left specific instructions on her voice mail both on Monday and again on Thursday)and that I never returned her call! I have caller ID and an answering machine...She did not call me. Anyway, she said she will fax it to my job today...We shall see.:Dancing_wub:

Finally, it's done! The correct form was faxed to my job and I can go back to work tomorrow.

About an hour after I left the message for Melisa she returned my call. I told her that I thought the problem was taken care of but that I was very frustrated at not being able to speak to a live person when I had a problem. She was very sweet and said that if I had any more problems to ask them to page her and she would get right back to me.

Thanks SpecialK....how is everything going with you? I wonder why we haven't heard from Greg, he must be busy.

Hi TM...How are you doing?

Hi all, I'm still here! I'm just kind of staying out of everybody's way while you vent & rant and get your paychecks and work clearances straightened out. :wub: Sounds like all that is finally getting settled for everybody, after some stressful times. I had my follow-up with Dr. C. last Thursday and my GP today. Dr. Choban counted on the calendar 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 to schedule my first adjustment. She counted it two times and both times came up with Apr. 29th (which is only 6 weeks). But I wasn't going to question it, since she's the one getting the big bucks and I'm just a lowly computer geek. :lol: Anyhoo, looks like I'll be getting my fill the same day as Niki. From everything I've heard & read, I'll definitely be ready for it by then. ... NOW, nobody better narc me out with the Doc! I already got my paperwork from Mid-Ohio telling me when & where to report.

On a more serious note, my daughter (who is in her first trimester of pregnancy with baby #2) just found out that she is at risk for Down Syndrome. They will be doing more tests to try to determine the prognosis. Please keep her in your prayers.

Greg~ I will be praying for your daughter and grandchild.

Sue~ What a mess!! Thank God you can get back to work now. I have spoken with Melissa a few times and my experience was always positive as well. I think she understands because she's been through this herself.

SpecialK~ I heard the starving children story too. Sad thing is, I used that same story on my kids, my son refused to give in to the pressure and is at a normal weight.... my daughter is overweight because she was so soft hearted and thought she could some how save the babies by eating for them..... so sad.

I received my 2nd packet yesterday, signed it attached a 300.00 check and took it to the post office myself. Now I wait some more. :thumbs_up: I have to attend (and pay for again) a nutrition class, a support group meeting and see a cardiologist. I am making the cardio appointment today.

My grandbabies should be here any minute, so everyone have a blessed day.... you are all in my prayers.