Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am definitely feeling depressed. And my family is driving me crazy. I'm on my feet all day at work and at only 4 weeks out by the time I get home I'm exhausted and sore. They act like I'm being lazy and it seems like I have to keep reminding them that I just had surgery. The other day my husband said.. 'that was like 4 weeks ago'... as if I should be all better and over it by now. Everyone is expecting to much and its really making it harder. Sorry for the rant but I really needed to get that off my chest. Did I mention my kids were driving me crazy?

The advice above is a huge help!! Especially about reflections!

I am so glad I am not alone in this. I was never particularly emotional, but now I have felt many of the same things you mentioned- anger, sadness, depression. It's driving me nuts! My husband is a hunter and loves being in the woods this time of year, but I am kind of resenting him for leaving me right now even though he has been really great so far. I have hit a plateau, I'm starting to feel hunger again and I am frustrated having to constantly check calories, sugar, Protein and fat grams on everything. Normally none of this would bother me. And just to add to it, I have been put on some really strong meds for a MRSA infection I contracted post surgery which are making me feel really lousy just when I started to feel better. So I am feeling totally out of control and an emotional mess! Can't wait till this stage is over. Hope you get through it quickly too!

I am so glad I am not alone in this. I was never particularly emotional, but now I have felt many of the same things you mentioned- anger, sadness, depression. It's driving me nuts! My husband is a hunter and loves being in the woods this time of year, but I am kind of resenting him for leaving me right now even though he has been really great so far. I have hit a plateau, I'm starting to feel hunger again and I am frustrated having to constantly check calories, sugar, Protein and fat grams on everything. Normally none of this would bother me. And just to add to it, I have been put on some really strong meds for a MRSA infection I contracted post surgery which are making me feel really lousy just when I started to feel better. So I am feeling totally out of control and an emotional mess! Can't wait till this stage is over. Hope you get through it quickly too!

It's nice knowing it's not just you huh!

Idk when this will end but I hate to be this way through the holidays here with a toddler! I feel like I'm going to be a Grinch! I'm going to fight it damn it!

My husband hunts also. So I totally get that! He Had just returned from his elk hunt (thankfully it only lasted two days instead of the whole week) and had only been home for a few minutes when I broke in to a snotty ball of tears and self loathing!

I'm sorry about your MRSA. I know it's a hard thing to fight. I hope you heal quickly and the moods pass just as quickly!! ((Hugs to you, your not alone)) :)

Have you guys considered journaling when you are angry? And maybe asking your family for some alone time or going for a walk? You are wives and mothers but you are individuals too and you need to honor your emotions. Maybe get a babysitter for one evening a week and take yourself out on a date.

Have you guys considered journaling when you are angry? And maybe asking your family for some alone time or going for a walk? You are wives and mothers but you are individuals too and you need to honor your emotions. Maybe get a babysitter for one evening a week and take yourself out on a date.

Journaling was not something I have thought to do. It's worth giving it a try for sure tho. I used to years ago. But I might just have a cuss life journal :D .

Told the husband I wanted to take an hour for a walk early this morning. "Still haven't made it out" I just want to put my ear buds in and escape for a while breathing in the cold crisp air!! With my night stick in hand lol

Date night has been suggested often but I just never made time for us to be alone. We always thought we had 10 years alone together well be fine. I'm have been rethinking my sanity tho. :) My girlfriend has offered to keep my "monkey" over night if we needed and I think I'll take her up on it now!!

Misty thanks for your comment! Everyone is making me think. Not quite sure why it's all the sudden working "me thinking " again but It's AWESOME!! lol

At my 3 month ck up this morning. I told the PA about my issue. She was not positive on the exact cause for the anger. She said she has heard of it more in men but in a few women also. One from up in Bellingham area where I live. (could it be in the Water?? JK) Anyway. She said she there was a gentleman in the place she works that deals with hormones. She was going to do some checking for me to find out if its something that's common. She also thought that its hold mirth that the release of hormones in someone whos losing quickly could have a rapid response.

Ok I also have a history of not dealing well with any mass amount of hormones released in my system.

We went through infertility treatments back in 04' 05'. I ended up taking Clomid for a year!! Anyone unfamiliar with the treatments.... its a hormone you take pill form to help increase your chances to conceive. You are only supposed to take it for a few months because of the increase in hormones it pumps into the body. With my Dr out here and there and other timing issues I ended up taking it for a year. I was young and following what I thought was the best advice of our Dr. We ended it and gave up on having a baby for another 5 years because of the reaction I had to it. I had what we refer to as a Roid rage. I freaked and smashed stuff and even tryd to attack my husband in my blind rage. Not something I'm proud of . Thank God my husband understood the whys and Enlightened me because I was appalled with myself crying for days. I was ok after that rage. So we were done.

I also have angry pms. Ok I know I sound like a nut and maybe I am. IDK. Anyway thanks for listening. :) I'll keep you updated as to what the blood work says and what my PA finds out talking to my surgeon and her Quest for more research on the matter. Crazy's going for a walk!! :P

OMG I just got really personal. Yikes :)