Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It has begun...Relationship changes

I just don't understand people. I feel for you all. Recently I had a very sexy friend keep coming on to my husband and she sent him private fb emails with her number hoping he'd want to "talk" I guess. I know all about it because he told me lol I'm not insecure and my husband loves me fat or thin and we have a great marriage. My husband is rather oddly handsome (I'm prejudiced I know but really...he looks like a cross between Kevin Costner and Sam Elliot lol) so anyway...he isn't the least bit interested in her and I'm sure she can't figure out why someone like him loves a fatty like me lol. I just cut her loose. It was a little while after the email so she doesn't know exactly why but she can't be THAT stupid. One thing I have never had a problem with is cutting out toxic people. It hurts...and I have gone back to certain friends for a while but they always offend again. Fat or thin I'm still a better person than she could ever be! It is tedious. ..people come and go. I've learned to look past some people's idiosyncrasies for real friendship tho. I have a wonderful friend who loves to give unsolicited advice about stupid stuff way too often but guess what? She's happy for my surgery and SHE wouldn't come on to my husband!! Lol

In my honest opinion, keeping toxic friends like that around is preventing the good ones from entering your life. Winter cleaning time! Make room in your life for positive people and hold your friends to the same standards you would a romantic partnership (don't tolerate abuse from anyone) and you will get amazing people coming your way that, even if they state their disagreements, will love and support you no matter what your choices are.

Best of luck

the mean girls from high school only become the mean girls in adulthood. have read all the other posts and agree totally...knew this girl was heavy right away..she is a jealous B**** and you should kick her to the curb. this is definitely not a friend. Friends lend support and are happy when you achieve success..best of luck to you and never look back good luck waiting to hear about ur success..I get sleeved tomorrow and have only told one person besides family I know there will be the mean girls waiting when I loose the weight to probably tell me I look to thin lol

That is a shame. I'm sorry that you confided in your "friend" and did not get the support or encouragement you desired. That is what a friend should be there for. Life is too short to deal with people that would treat you like that. Not only is the whole surgery and post-op journey a lot of work, but think of all we do just to get to the point of being able to have the surgery. Not to mention the years before where you have probably struggled with many diets. I'm sure you also had many emotions involved to even get to the point where you decided to have the surgery. This is by far not "the easy way out". I am fairly new to this site and have been reading these forums, and I find much comfort and support from people I don't even know personally. Maybe you can even find some supportive friends that live in your area in these forums. I hear that people make friends in the support groups before and after surgery that they attend too. I wish you all the best in this journey of yours. :)

The idea of you losing weight puts even more pressure on this lady to lose weight. She's no friend of yours - only thinking about herself and how those around her "fit" into her life. Pitch her to the curb, you'll be glad in the long run that you did.

It gets better everyone!!!

I have not communicated with my "friend" since I posted on here what happened...knowing I am going to end things, simply walking away. I will be cordial when I see her, but we will not be friends on her terms any longer.

I get a text from her yesterday about making Christmas Cookies. We get together and make a ton every year. So she asks me when my surgery is (for the seventh time, like she has too much going on to remember such an inconsequential thing), and I tell her December 2nd. They have decided to do Cookies on the seventh. I tell her I will not be able to participate. Her response, you can at least sit in a chair and talk to us, right? Yes please, 5 days post op I'd like to sit in your kitchen and watch you make cookies that none of us need, and then watch you all ear them while I have my Water and Protein shake.

Now I'm just getting angry about her being such a terrible friend, I'm not even sad anymore.

Wow, I never thought of loosing friends over having surgery. But I agree with the consensus. Time to weed out the people in your life that are not uplifting and encouraging.

I have a "friend" who is the same way. I am only in the beginning stages of this process, and she is still trying to sabotage my efforts at health and happiness. She will eat loudly while we are on the phone, saying things like, "Ooooh, this ice cream is delicious!" and slurp and make noise. And when I begin my two week pre-op diet (hopefully soon), she has informed me that she will continue to ask me to go out to eat and will continue to go out for pizza and junk because she is "not the one giving up" her life. I told her that for one thing, food is not my life. And secondly, I have plenty of other friends and family members who support me, so I don't need her crap. As a side note, she is 5'0" and weighs about 300 pounds. Her doctors have been trying to get her to have the surgery but to no avail - she wants no part of it. She is way too addicted to food.< /p>

As for your situation, you don't need this toxic "friend" in your life. I agree with Sassy Pants - recognize it, make peace with it and continue your awesome journey. :-) Best of luck to you!

I've always leaned on the thought that God places people into and out of our lives for a reason. Maybe God is making room for your new season. My surgery date is also December 2nd. We are getting ready to shed away the old weight and baggage to make room for the new. "Its all a part of the plan"