Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On The Verge Of Mental Collapse

Dang! Only 3 shakes a day?! Holy bananas girl, that isn't much.

I did 15 days as well and stalled out in the middle. Just stay the course and it will happen. You said before the stall you were stuck at 253, but then lost 3 finally? If that's the case, then you only have 5 more..and 7 more days of your pre op diet!

It will come off! The more you stress, the higher up the scale goes. Take lots of you time to now to de-stress!

Were all rooting for you mouse!

Mouse, we have the same surgeon. I totally get what you're saying about the weight loss itself being used to measure liver shrinking success - our surgeon does have this requirement. I'm worried about the same thing! I'm about a month from pre-op and trying NOW to drop a few by eating better, drinking lots of Water and working out 3 days a week and am having no luck whatsoever.

Dang! Only 3 shakes a day?! Holy bananas girl' date=' that isn't much.

I did 15 days as well and stalled out in the middle. Just stay the course and it will happen. You said before the stall you were stuck at 253, but then lost 3 finally? If that's the case, then you only have 5 more..and 7 more days of your pre op diet!

It will come off! The more you stress, the higher up the scale goes. Take lots of you time to now to de-stress!

Were all rooting for you mouse![/quote']

You sweet girl.

The pattern went

Day 1- 259

Day 2- 254

Day 3- 253

Day 4- 253

Day 5- 253

Day 6- 253

Day 7- 253

Day 8- 250.5 (dripping wet from shower)

Day 8- 252.5 (reweigh whilst dry)

So I still have 8 pounds to go. Which I normally wouldn't be worried about except for the deadline. Just completely baffled.

And once again. It might look like I'm weighing compulsively but they are judging my livers status by the weight I loss. I weigh ONCE daily (except for today because of the shower debacle) in the mornings after my BM.

Mouse' date=' we have the same surgeon. I totally get what you're saying about the weight loss itself being used to measure liver shrinking success - our surgeon does have this requirement. I'm worried about the same thing! I'm about a month from pre-op and trying NOW to drop a few by eating better, drinking lots of Water and working out 3 days a week and am having no luck whatsoever.[/quote']

Are you using myfitnesspal?? If you are, pm me your name and I'll add you to my friends list :)

My surgery is next week, November 12th .. So yes, completely stressed out!

Also on day 6 of the liquid diet Glycerna and chicken broth only.. Gosh it is disgusting.. Meant to have 6 Glycerna but can only manage 3 to 5 a day.. Dead hungry and my stomach is rumbling so much it seems I am talking to myself.. Have not weighed myself yet as have heard the doctor will cut anyway but want to recover faster so sticking with it... Hang in there Albertans are strong and it will be worth it

Do you have a newer scale? If so, you have to make sure that it is on very level spot. If it isn't you will get different weights every time. I learned this after my scale almost drove me insane. Check each corner of it and make sure it isn't moving up and down even the slightest. When you find a level place always weigh yourself in the exact same spot. The other thing I learned.........When you weigh yourself in the morning you can weigh yourself a 2nd time immediately just to double check it but after that don't go back and do it again! You will drive yourself nuts........I think I almost went over the deep end playing the scale game. Best of wishes to you!! :)

Pre op liquid diet' date=' Day 8 of 15.

I lost 6 pounds the first two days then stalled the last five days. This morning I got on the scale and was happy to see the stall broken, down almost another three. I weighed after my BM and shower and figured I'd weigh again after I dried off.

Dry hair and feeling like I was gonna be a full three pounds down, I stepped on the scale to be bewildered by a two pound increase, half a pound difference from where I have been the last five days. I was dry, naked and hadn't eaten or drank anything yet and so I am now ready to freak out, give up and eat all the burgers. This b******t makes no sense! I am on the verge of tears all the time.

I have done low carb diets in the past and lost 38 pounds in two weeks. Now I'm on liquids for 15 days and losing nothing. I'd rather make sensible choices and lose the weight then this pointless suffering for nothing. I know it'll help for when I'm out of surgery and blah blah blah but ffs I'm BEYOND frustrated. If I'm denied surgery after all of this I might kill some one.

At this point I don't need support, I need a gosh darn lobotomy.[/quote']

Mouse your skin is like a sponge even though you dried off your body is a bit more hydrated, don't let the scale rule right now you have bigger plans;)

You sweet girl. The pattern went Day 1- 259 Day 2- 254 Day 3- 253 Day 4- 253 Day 5- 253 Day 6- 253 Day 7- 253 Day 8- 250.5 (dripping wet from shower) Day 8- 252.5 (reweigh whilst dry) So I still have 8 pounds to go. Which I normally wouldn't be worried about except for the deadline. Just completely baffled. And once again. It might look like I'm weighing compulsively but they are judging my livers status by the weight I loss. I weigh ONCE daily (except for today because of the shower debacle) in the mornings after my BM.

I had to get a new scale last week..and discovered my old scale was way off! It also wasn't on level flooring either. I have a digital now and it's dead on with the dr office now.

I would say, if your at 8 days out, your body is still thinking "wth are you doing to me lady!!"

Well, for my pre op., I had a few stalls..but then would have a night where I just felt like crap. I would go to bed early and wake up feeling great and only to discover a big drop. And I'm talking like 2-4 pounds each time.

Really listen to your body right now. If your feeling run down or anything out of your normal, take it easy. My stamina was pretty non existent as well. So I laid low during my 15 days. Get a little more sleep than you usually do. Treat yourself to a hot bath maybe..be good to yourself and weigh first thing in the morning after you've done your first bathroom trip. They say that first thing in morning is best to weigh.

I would still say that your sitting at 250, with 5/6 to go! You're almost there honey!!

Are you using myfitnesspal?? If you are, pm me your name and I'll add you to my friends list :)

My surgery is next week, November 12th .. So yes, completely stressed out!

Hi Mouse,

Nope, I'm not using MFP yet but thanks for reminding me, been meaning to set up a profile. It is on my list of things to do. I've used Fitday off and on this year. When I sign up I'll add you! I'll be exactly where you are in a month.

*glares at her scale menacingly this morning*

Edited by MouseOnTheMile

*glares at her scale menacingly this morning*

Uh oh...

Uh oh...

Haven't dared step on it yet... It's a foul, cruel beast and if its still where it was yesterday, I will probably take it out back ol Yeller style.

Then get a new scale and hope it was born on the side of the just!

The scale is the work of the devil I tell ya!!

Haven't dared step on it yet... It's a foul, cruel beast and if its still where it was yesterday, I will probably take it out back ol Yeller style.

Then get a new scale and hope it was born on the side of the just!

:D

I feel ya!

I wanted to adjust mine with a .357 Magnum. :angry::D