Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

By her ticker she is 3months out. All I've got is good luck OP. I haven't has surgery yet.

Im not going to lecture you, but the whole part of having gastric surgery is to lose wt and change our eating habits. Sugar makes me ill, OMG I tried a popsicle and almost puked. They say we are prone to bad behavior, so a bite here and there might not seem like a bad idea, but what if that becomes more than that. I feel that having this surgery was a huge deal. I don't want to do anything to mess this up. Im 41 and I feel this is my chance to get healthy and thin for once in my life. Im trying very hard to do what I am supposed to. I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey, just remember every decision we make has consequences- good and bad.

Yep, you might just do fine on this food plan...

It ain't the way to bet, however...

I have a close friend at work who was sleeved and could have written your post. Great results, great activity levels, great health benefits, for the first six months.

Two years out she is proud to say "I can eat anything".

She has gained back 2/3 of her losses.

So follow your plan, but please don't be her. She remains a good object lesson for me.

OP, you do as you see fit and I hope it works for you, but it does disturb me to see you encouraging others to go off plan to make you feel justified. Why do you think the national average weight lost for the sleeve is 60% of excess weight instead of 90 or 100%?

I'm no rebel. I'm a sleeve goody two shoes and I'm proud of it. I follow the rules as best I can, regret my slip ups, and try to get back on track as soon as possible. My doctor and nutritionist know a heck of a lot more than I do about this and would never encourage me to eat candy or junk food, regardless of the amount. If they did, I would find another clinic, because that is just common sense. Sure, I make mistakes, but at least I know they are mistakes and try to do better in the future. I ask for help when I know I'm going to have problems, because I will struggle with food my whole life, sleeve or no sleeve.

Shoot, if my opinion about diet is so great and I think I know more than doctors do, why did I end up with nearly 100 lbs. to lose? Ask yourself this question, what answer do you get?