Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I go back for my 3 week check up tomorrow. I am feeling very down at this point. My doctor did not require a pre-op diet. So the weight I've lost has been since surgery date of 10/21. 27 pounds in 3 weeks but I seem to be stalled. I am walking a mile a day now. Eating high protein-no carb. chicken, some scrambled eggs..no eating prblems at all. I know when to stop. I guess I just thought the loss would be more at this point or I would see a fall each week. Ideas?

When was the last time you lost 27lbs in 3 weeks! That's fantastic. .. That's 9 lbs a week! It will slow down and your probably heading into the 3 week stall. Remember you just had major surgery and your body is in shock from severe calorie restriction. It didn't go on over night. . It won't come off over night. Try tracking with mfp that way you can see the patterns. For most people the weight isn't a steady loss. When graphed it looks more like a flight of stairs or a mountain range. While it's sloped downward there are heaps and valleys. Hang in there, you're only 3 weeks out as am I and it will happen.

Thanks for the Calcium tip, Txcalico. I'll try it. I hit the 3rd week wt loss slump, too,, but I remember that losing weight has always been uneven and fickle, so what's new?

I was sleeved October 7th and I'm feeling amazing! I am down 50 pounds and doing great! Updated pic attached. Excise the penguin pajamas, I took it last night before bed lol.

post-178999-0-89493500-1384277545_thumb.jpg

Ask your doctor what your excess body weight loss is, that will make you feel good I am sure. Mine was above average, it is estimated that over 15 months with this surgery that the average EBW loss is 55%, and I am at 38%. But remember, men lose quicker then women. Knowing you EBW percent since surgery is encouraging. I NEVER weigh myself at home, only when I go to doctors. Stay away from the scale, it's evil lol.

Yeah...I think the scale has become my enemy! Just for a different reason now. I get up every morning and get on it which I know I shouldn't but can't help myself. I need to take it to a friend's house and go maybe once a week. On the upside...I feel great and have had zero problems. I didn't even need any pain meds after I left the surgery center on the day of the surgery. I am also off my blood pressure meds which was the only meds I was on. Thanks everyone for the encouragement...I hope to ramp up my walking this week!

Hi...

I had my surgery on oct 15th. I just went back to work yesterday and doing ok overall. I have tryed to eat chicken breast but have had major problems with that. So back to eating very soft foods. Don't think im loosing that fast.

Highest weight 310

Surgery weight 301

Current weight 270

Hi all, i am a fellow October gal...I had a band revision to sleeve...almost died due to complications with the band-but 2 surgeries later I am recovering. Surg Oct 22nd, spent 9 days in the hospital due to all the complications. I am relieved to see a 3 week stall is common, I have lost about 25lbs but nothing since 11/8...makes me sad! I am eating with no difficulty, about 800 cal a day. Please tell me this weight stall is going to go away soon...

Just came from the docs office, cleared to go back to work Monday. Still on Clear Liquids for another 2 weeks. At least work will keep me from thinking about food. I am hungry! Sounds crazy but I am! Doc was pleased with my progress and says incisions look great.

Terri Lynn, ya gotta be kidding me! 27 lbs in just 3 weeks and you're disappointed? Be PROUD! You're losing the weight a LOT faster than you gained it and, most important, you're healthier on the INSIDE. The weight will come off, and you'll be looking better and feeling better every week!

I'm having trouble getting all my liquids -- and I've always been a big drinker! (liquids, not liquor- LOL) but that half-hour of no liquids before and after eating seems to expand when I get busy and then it's time to wait half an hour before eating again! I'm used to drinking a half a glass of Water at a time and I can't do that now. I gotta work on this.

What's your biggest challenge? Getting enough liquids? enough Protein? certain foods? exercise? Ideas & suggestions...

My biggest challenge is getting in enough liquids. I've never been a big drinker heck I drank an average of about 30 ounces BEFORE surgery. So getting a minimum of 48 ounces in per day is extremely hard with my new stomach. However, the fear of dehydration is a powerful motivator. I don't ever want to experience it so I'm working it out.

Sleeve Siren ~

How about sugar free Popsicles? I ground it as a great way to add to my liquids and to get the full linguists in. Now I can do without them, but they really saved me in the beginning. Hope this helped :-)

rensterness-

When I got home from the hospital I tried one and it was thee worst thing I'd ever had in my life. I'd bought three boxes but was reluctant to just throw them away. A couple of days ago I was cleaning out the fridge and decided to give em one more shot before tossing them. They tasted just fine! I had the same experience with plain ole Water it was disgusting and I was so sad. A few days later it was fine.

Lesson learned: your taste buds are haywire after surgery. However, between the pre-op and liquids post op I've had enough sugar free things to last for a while. I'll have a Popsicle if I find myself needing to get those last few ounces in before bed. Thanks for the suggestion! BTW, how many ounces are in a Popsicle? Any clue? Oh and Jello too.

Hi all! Sleeved 10/21.. loss is slow but I'm not complaining! Down 15lbs from surgery date. I decided early on to do something that most of you will disagree with. So.. I'm a stylist and over the years I have known a lot of people who had wls. Over the years I've noticed a trend. Most start working out with a vengeance and lose lots of weight early on. Then their real life kicks in at some point and that Iron man lifestyle slowly wears off causing them to start re gaining. I've seen this over and over again. Well.. as much as I (sincerly) love going to the gym, I don't because for me its more important to come home and spend as much time with my kids as possible after work. So instead of starting out strong I've decided to start with simply taking 1/2 hour walks with my kids after dinner. As they get older (my youngest is almost 12) and don't need me home as much I will increse my efforts. I'm hoping this strategy will make me better in time and that I can go forward instead of sliding back. That's my theory anyway. Anyway, I'm doing what I think will work for me and I love reading about how grat everyone is doing. <3

Sleeve Siren ~

Yay!!! They saved me!!! So glad your taste budds 'allowed' you to have them now :-) :-)

I was sleeved 10/16. Was 253 at my highest in April when I got diagnosed with Diabetes type II. Doc put me on Metforming and referred me to Weight Management Center. I quickly lost 17 lbs after being prescribed Metformin...which lessened my hunger from fluctuating blood sugar levels. But then the weight stabilized there.

At the start of preop diet (4 days), I was 236. Morning of surgery, 228. Day after surger 238...added 10 lbs of Water, courtesy of the IV. :blink: But now am 212 as of this morning and it's the lowest weight I've been in probably 8 years. Went from size 20 pants to size 16. Not too shabby.

So to recap...am down 41 lbs since my heaviest, 24 since start of preop diet and 16 since surgery....and in between all that had a 10-day stall at 217. lol Back losing in the last few days and feeling groovy. B)

The best part of it all? I AM NO LONGER DIABETIC. Surgeon took me off Metformin THE DAY AFTER SURGERY. I'm off Lipitor and last remaining med (for BP), I should be off soon. I could live with being "chunky" but NOT with Diabetes. And that is the BEST news of all.