Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Oct 14 and doing well with it. I am down 13 pounds since surgery. It really kind of hit me yesterday that I can see the weigh loss in my face and hands. My wedding band is almost falling off!

I am on soft foods and for the most part that goes really well. I have had a couple of times when I didn't chew probably good enough and had a "stuck" episode...wowsers that hurts.

Had my first post op yesterday and that was good too. Healing just the way I should.

Unfortunatly, I haven't been able to do much exercise, so I think that my loss is slow right now. I had a total knee done six weeks ago and have actually had an increase in pain since two weeks after the new knee. Also having some red spots so they are questioning infection. Possible surgery again on Monday if no improvement in the next few days.

Can't wait to get over all of this and get moving again!

I know this thread was from last year but a few other 10/14 sleevers have chimed in, so I will to! I was sleeved on 10-17-14. My highest in July 14 was 447 and the day of surgery I was 415. I gained 15 pounds in the hospital but it came off quickly over the next week or so, and I'm currently about 53lbs down from my HW and about 22 down from day-of-surgery. It's nice to be under 400lbs again - it's been years!

I'm pleased with how things have gone so far. My recovery has been smooth. I've not had any problems with nausea since the day after surgery and very little pain since the week after. I am still on full liquids and have been meeting my Protein, Water, and walking goals almost every day (every once in a while I don't manage to get one of them; I'm still working out the best ways to handle everything.) I get to start purees a week from tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to soft foods just because it will be logistically easier and I'm tired of washing the blender!

I start back to work next week, which will be my next big challenge. I hope I'll have the stamina to actually get through the day and be useful! Currently my walks, going to the store, etc., leave me exhausted.

Hi All! October 21 surgery date, down 20 pounds since pre-surgery diet. Seeing some differences in dietary phases... I am still on full liquids but notice many people around same surgery date have moved onto soft and mushy.. I have "cheated" by having a few (2 tablespoons at a sitting) of mashed potatoes and gravy, and have incorporated 2 tablespoons of yogurt in the morning as well. Not that I am limiting myself to 2.. thats just what fills me up... I get most satisfaction from the broth of cream of potato and bean with bacon broth. Trying to incorporate a little of variety instead of crust chicken and beef broth.

I have noticed a stall in my weight loss, do I need to add more Water daily to jump start again? I can not add more Protein... I feel pretty good that Im drinking almost 2 premier Protein shakes in daily approx 60 grams of Protein. G2 has been my go to liquid more than the water.. It sounds weird, but I don't love Water, or flavored water. Have made caffeine free ice tea... much easier for me to drink.

I bought Premier Protein shakes at Sam's

chocolate I add a banana in the morning, strawberry cream I add frozen (no sugar added) strawberries in the afternoon. Helps by having a bit of a routine to get in all in.

If anyone has food tips and tricks, what works well, what doesn't... it would be great if we all could share:)

Glad we are all in this together :) its nice.

FYI.. I blend the Beans in bean with bacon Soup for the extra Protein.. funny how I used to grab a pizza or bag doritos... now I am thrilled with bean with a couple of Tablespoons of bean with bacon soup! Times they are a changin' :)

Sleeved 10/25/14. 10 lb lost and am now in a stall. I had a low BMI to start with so I'm not losing as fast as some of you. I'm also 63!

I was sleeved (revised from band) on Oct 20. Down 17lbs but have stalled this week. I was also low bmi to start.

Oct 21st here..HW 322

SW 303

CW 281

I feel great but I have hit my 1st stall but thats ok, I was waiting for it...lol

Edited by kajunqty

Oct 22. HW 237 CW 217 today. I'm so excited to start solid foods on turkey day. Ready for my 2 bites of turkey :)

Halloween sleeved! I've not had a textbook recovery but it's getting better everyday. Pre-op wt 333 2 weeks post op wt 297 I'm 5'11" my Dr is thrilled with the numbers I can't wait to start feeling stronger

I was sleeved Oct 27 and I'm down 30 lbs. I feel great, and survived my first Sleevesgiving! It's great to see how well everyone is doing. I had a brief stall around 2 weeks out, but the scale is moving again. I have a ton of energy now and just went down a pants size. I'm ready for some serious winter hiking, one of my favorite things to do.

Hey Oct people!! Wanted to update and give the new Oct peeps some encouragement! Down 160lbs from my high weight (don't know if you can see my ticker or not) HW-333lbs SW-299lbs CW-173lbs. Loving this sleeve! New Oct peeps- start buying smaller clothes NOW or at least saving for them. Replacing your wardrobe is a major undertaking especially if your a person in a budget. Seriously if you see something cute, it's near your goal weight size, and it's a good deal-buy it! It seriously will fit you before you know it. Don't buy too many sizes during the losing phase unless your going to a discount store to where you won't care if you only get to wear it once or not at all. Good luck to you all and wishing all of you what I know FOR SURE (from experience ????) will be an ah-MAZING new year????????

I was sleeved on October 14th. I have lost over 50 pounds. I love Simon my sleeve. I think healthy and I now exercise. The holidays are giving me problems. But I will prevail. I love my new sleeve family. I don't know what I would do without you all. I look forward to the New Year with your support.

You all are doing amazing! Me, not so much. 20 lb lost post op. I'm 9 weeks out. I wish I was losing faster. I'm exercising and eat about 700-800 calories a day.

love that you named your sleeve I was sleeved 10/14 and down 45 lbs. Eating 500 calories a day